'95 Zenki KA-T build

This is for all those PICTURE THREADS ONLY. Motor installs, product writeups, showing off your car, put the thread in here.
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Kamilitaryman »

And the valve cover is done.,..can't really see it in the picture but the color is actually metallic red, lettering is chrome.

Thanks for looking :)

PM me if you're interested in getting something powder coated!
fasteddie240
NooB

Post by fasteddie240 »

Car looks great.. im building a 95 as well
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Kamilitaryman »

fasteddie240 wrote:Car looks great.. im building a 95 as well
Thanks man.

I got a lil bit more done today. Installed fresh valve cover, power steering pump, water pump and thermostat. I'm still waiting on http://www.swervemotorsports.com/dei/de ... 48068.aspx Gonna wrap the firewall with this near where the DP from the turbo will go. Also gonna use it on the A/C line. Great stuff, just a bit pricey.

fasteddie240
NooB

Post by fasteddie240 »

looks good..im doing a full build myself but i went cheap on the manifold and went ebay..and my turbo hits the brake booster..i dunno if it because the booster is bigger with abs or the manifold is wrong.. or if my turbo is to big..lol you know anything about this?
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Kamilitaryman »

The manual trans. ABS brake booster is actually thicker than the one of non ABS. It sticks out futher out of the firewall. I know so because my S14.5 had ABS and I just checked the old pics to confirm this. You could remove the ABS and just run a regular brake setup with a thinner booster. Is your turbo hitting the master cyliner or the brake lines?
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Kamilitaryman »

It's not a KA-T but it's just plain nasty! My bro-in-laws S10 pickup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRsNnLpKug8
Jmcc
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Jmcc »

that looks good man mad props. i have only seen one like it down hear in fl. and the front looked saggy like it was hanging off the a pillars.
fasteddie240
NooB

Post by fasteddie240 »

whoa so we were slow at work today so i spent the day on my car.. i actually found out that the t3/t4 5bolt exhaust housing is to big...sooo instead down grading i actually shimmed the motor a bit on the driver side and it fit fine.. im shooting for 600hp so i know i couldnt go smaller on the turbo.. im about to order all my internals next week and im going with eagle h-beams and cp pistons. i aslo have a 250 shot of NOS with wet injection into the intake manifold.. i want to do my body the same as yours when i finish the build.. your car is straight sick man..
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Kamilitaryman »

fasteddie240 wrote:whoa so we were slow at work today so i spent the day on my car.. i actually found out that the t3/t4 5bolt exhaust housing is to big...sooo instead down grading i actually shimmed the motor a bit on the driver side and it fit fine.. im shooting for 600hp so i know i couldnt go smaller on the turbo.. im about to order all my internals next week and im going with eagle h-beams and cp pistons. i aslo have a 250 shot of NOS with wet injection into the intake manifold.. i want to do my body the same as yours when i finish the build.. your car is straight sick man..
Sounds like your build is coming along nicely. Glad you have that straightened out with the turbo fitment. My S14.5 WAS good lookin, but she's no longer alive though :( This KA-T is going into another S14.

On a side note, I started assembling my intake mani:

fasteddie240
NooB

Post by fasteddie240 »

whoa whoa whoa..im doing the intake manifold right now..what can i get rid of ? if i get rid of all the electrical stuff ill have to do a stand alone?
Unbound Yuurei
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by Unbound Yuurei »

Dude that's freaken sick! super clean! ehhh i see dirt on your throttle body... jk lol SICK!
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Kamilitaryman »

fasteddie240 wrote:whoa whoa whoa..im doing the intake manifold right now..what can i get rid of ? if i get rid of all the electrical stuff ill have to do a stand alone?
viewtopic.php?t=27437&highlight=emissions+removal

and

http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/intake ... embly.html

read on! :)
fasteddie240
NooB

Post by fasteddie240 »

maaaaaaan there is so many different opinions on that thread..so freaking confusing. if you dont mind walking me through what you did. and why did you keep your factoring vacum hard lines? i am ready to get it going.
fasteddie240
NooB

Post by fasteddie240 »

o and is there anything special about the valve cover bolts? im missing all of them and didnt know if i should buy from nissan or the local hard ware store would work..thanks
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Kamilitaryman »

Unbound Yuurei wrote:Dude that's freaken sick! super clean! ehhh i see dirt on your throttle body... jk lol SICK!
Thanks man :)

Haha yea the TB is a pain to clean so I did the best I could with the tools I had.
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Kamilitaryman »

fasteddie240 wrote:o and is there anything special about the valve cover bolts? im missing all of them and didnt know if i should buy from nissan or the local hard ware store would work..thanks
I know the "outside" bolts can be easily replaced. The two on "top" however, are a bit thicker and longer than the rest. I think your best bet would be a junk yard.

As far as the IMVacuum lines.go, it's pretty straight forward. Once you remove the EGR system, look at the hardlines that were connected to it. You cannot leave something unhooked and not notice it. You'll be fine.
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Kamilitaryman »

Z32 front brakes: CHECK :) These have been sitting basically for 3 years, never been installed lol The calipers were completely rebuilt and powder coated gold. I can't find my gasket for the EGR block off plate :( I had to order another one. I bet my other one will show up somewhere once the new one's installe lol. It always works out like that for me! lol
Last edited by Kamilitaryman on Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
sloka-t

Post by sloka-t »

dood, take an impact gun to the hub nut and slide that dust plate off.
Mechanical Engineering, Florida State University
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Kamilitaryman »

Yup, it'll get done. My impact gun's too weak to brake that nut open. I'll get my buddy's sometime next week and get it off. If I ever do get into racing, I'll duct air to these bad boys from the front bumper.
Chardo
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by Chardo »

To lazy to take off the dust shield to cheep to buy a good turbo.
I see Imitations with limitations and 0 swagger.
xphiledgex
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by xphiledgex »

Loving this thread, great work and attention to detail
Stay True XXX
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Kamilitaryman »

xphiledgex wrote:Loving this thread, great work and attention to detail
Thank you man :)
Chardo wrote:To lazy to take off the dust shield to cheep to buy a good turbo.
What the hell do you mean I'm too lazy? Did you not read what I wrote? Also, if you're so concerned about the price of my turbo, please be so kind and send me cash so I can satisfy YOUR needs.
Unbound Yuurei

Post by Unbound Yuurei »

Kamilitaryman wrote:
Chardo wrote:To lazy to take off the dust shield to cheep to buy a good turbo.
What the hell do you mean I'm too lazy? Did you not read what I wrote? Also, if you're so concerned about the price of my turbo, please be so kind and send me cash so I can satisfy YOUR needs.
pause.... no homo. lol i can't wait until you finish this bro!
ChiefS13DE
240sx Wannabe

Post by ChiefS13DE »

It's hilarious how most people think that military members make a lot of money. If the military paid that well my build would be completely done also.
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Kamilitaryman »

Unbound Yuurei wrote:
pause.... no homo. lol i can't wait until you finish this bro!
I know! It's coming along slowly but surely lol I ordered new coolant temp sensors for both the ECU & the dummy gauge, oil pressure switch & the knock sensor. I can't bolt up the intake mani until knock sensor is on there : / Good news is that the 350Z might be gone Friday so I'll finally have extra cash to spend each month on parts YAY!
ChiefS13DE wrote:It's hilarious how most people think that military members make a lot of money. If the military paid that well my build would be completely done also.
I try to tune idiots like that out of my life lol.
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Kamilitaryman »

Finally finished my intake mani. Got rid of the PCV lines to the intake runners. Still have to run a catch can line from the breather seperator.

blacks13coupe

Post by blacks13coupe »

Now that is one good lookin' motor.
ka-torqy
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by ka-torqy »

first off....AWESOME BUILD..yoru jsut like me...anal...but dam does it come out clean adn AMAZIGNLY CLEAND AND no half ass job done here....just like how i am with my build...slowly but surely...lol......and amazing job done on that PREP WORK!!!!....its all in the prep and grat looking paint job done on that engine bay

that intake manifold looks freakin SWEEET with the red lines...im sorry but i like it soo much thats what im doing....i like to keep my engine looking as much as factory as possible but be secretivly built as much as possible...keepin the engine adn covers all looking aluminum while hiding some amazing parst inside...LOL

and as far as that IAP exahust manifold...it really is a good product...the only downfall is that its runner diameter is smaller thatn majorit of equal lenth manfiold out there...soo top end suffers and i say that manifold is good to around 400ish HP...but it does spool faster....i know you alrady went with another exhaust...jsut some FYI.....

like yoru build alot and your jsut like me when it comes to doing things....always OVER doing it or just anal rentetive keeping it clean and done RIGHT even if its more that u have to sometime....i just alwyas wanna know that i wont be having to piss with out down the road because i didnt do it 110% and its now coming back to bit me in tha ass.....

great job keep up the great work and im deff looking forward to the finish......please do something wit that turbo...get rid of it...i say start off with a name brand t3/t4 boosint 20psi until you get used to it or tired of it.....you should have plenty enough money saved up to get a better turbo by that time

dam i wrote novel....lol
ka-torqy
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by ka-torqy »

oh and what diud you use to clean that intake manifold...sandblasted ???
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Kamilitaryman »

Thanks a lot KATorgy. I agree, being anal slows everything down, but the end result always pays off. It does take twice as long but I couldn't be more happy with everything and how it came together so far. Thanks for supporting my build and I agree on my choice of turbo. It's not something I wanted to buy, but for the price and the rebuild costs you can't go wrong. I told myself that once I get married and I'm settled down, I'll upgrade to a Turbonetics T3/T40E. That's one of the main reason's why I decided to go top-mount...the ease to upgrade down the road. I am looking at a custom t3 mani by one of the members on here, as well as a IAP and a JGS one, all used. Just have to decide as which one to get. Also, the lack of damn $$$, it is the only thing slowing me down besides my anal retantiveness lol

As far as the manifold cleaning, yes, it was glass bead blasted (less rough than sand blasting), then painted with high heat silver. Hopefully, removing the EGR system and the PCV recirculation will keep things clean for a long time.

Thanks again for the support bud.