'95 Zenki KA-T build

This is for all those PICTURE THREADS ONLY. Motor installs, product writeups, showing off your car, put the thread in here.
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Kamilitaryman »

TanManS14 wrote:Looks good, you should space those wheels at more and lower it.
Im actually looking for a new shell. NY killed the underbody because the previous owners drove it in the winter. And NY lays salt down. Over the years it killed the underbody. So I'm gonna get a fresh S14 shell and do it over, no S15 front end this time and Satin Black.
PM me if you're interested in getting something powder coated!
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Some progress

Post by Kamilitaryman »

Well, week 1 has been fun. Motor is all apart and ready for machine work! Now I gotta find a shop who know WTF they are doing. I don't want a horror story....at all!

Here are some pics:

Can't wait until tomorrow to call a few places and get some quotes.
bwoods
NooB

Post by bwoods »

bump
I can dig it
TanManS14
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by TanManS14 »

Kamilitaryman wrote:
TanManS14 wrote:Looks good, you should space those wheels at more and lower it.
Im actually looking for a new shell. NY killed the underbody because the previous owners drove it in the winter. And NY lays salt down. Over the years it killed the underbody. So I'm gonna get a fresh S14 shell and do it over, no S15 front end this time and Satin Black.
Hell yea, poor s14, rust does horrible things. New color choice is sick tho, always wanted to paint mine that color. Keep us updated nig.
It's always broken.
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

We've got progress!

Post by Kamilitaryman »

Well. Pistons, head and main studs finally came in yesterday. I wasted no time today and took my block, head and rest of my goodies to the shop. I will have to wait for a while because they are busy as hell but w/e. This will give me some time to work on my S14 part out. Yes I'm parting her out so I can buy a new S14 shell. So far so good. Made $570 so far lol
240tuned91
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by 240tuned91 »

those are sportsman rods? look a lot similiar to my eagle h beams lol..
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Kamilitaryman »

They do look alike lol, I said the same thing after I bought them....and said "hmmmm" lol
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

flywheel arrived

Post by Kamilitaryman »

Look came in today fron Enjuku Racing :)
Its still in its fresh plastic seal. No need to crack it open just yet.

Still saving $ for a fresh shell too. I'm taking my time, I don't wanna make the same mistake twice.
Last edited by Kamilitaryman on Tue May 11, 2010 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Kamilitaryman »

Ordered more parts last night...just kinda wish AMS would cut me a ***** deal since Im buying so much **** from them :x w/e though.

Here's what I ordered last night:

Supertech .5 mm intake valves
Supertech .7mm exhaust valves
Supertech Dual Valve Spring Kit

My top end and bottom end parts list is finally complete!!!

Now I gotta start saving for a nice turbo to fit onto a AMS mani 8) (I wish, no longer in production)

I'm probably gonna go with the new Xcessive mani for intake. It just looks right to me. And with this setup, I most likely wont have to port match my intake ports. Which saves me some time and $.
Last edited by Kamilitaryman on Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Kamilitaryman »

killab18 wrote:hey what kit is that? and also any close ups to what you did to the doors. im liking the concept behind that. makes it flow alot better.
Hey killa, I dug up some pics for you:

Last edited by Kamilitaryman on Tue May 11, 2010 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
savatoge
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by savatoge »

I like that a lot, kamilman...I've been debating on whether or not to add an accent line like that down the lower middle of the door. I was leaning towards doing one on the front portion of my door and have it tie in to the lower cutoff line for my vents, but now I'm just leaning towards leaving it as is and prime and painting it...ready to get r dun and start driving.
266 whp 266 wtq @ 10 psi
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Kamilitaryman »

****EDIT****removed pics of the 89 coupe that I almost bought.
Last edited by Kamilitaryman on Thu May 13, 2010 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

more parts!

Post by Kamilitaryman »

The parts I ordered the other day finally came in today because I missed the delivery yesterday. Oh well, Here's what I got

Oh and the shop called me today...appearently, the SPEC flywheel will not fit my crankshaft! The machinist said that it's 0.003" short of fitting onto the crankshaft....WTF? I bought it from Enjuku Racing so I can't blame them for this problem. I'm gonna have to call SPEC tomorrow and find out wtf the deal is. I can always take some material off of the flywheel but I would like to hear what SPEC has to say about it 1st.
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

my daily driver

Post by Kamilitaryman »

Thought I'd share with the KA community what I "used" to drive as a daily until it met face to face with a deer going @ 60mph. Airbags didn't deploy! LOL

She's going into the shop within the next 2 weeks so I'll be driving her again. I miss taking those corners in this baby. Oh its a 2000 Impreza 2.5 RS :)
stevieg239
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by stevieg239 »

the car coming along good man and sry to here about your subi i love the 2.5rs body i got a friend with a full 05 sti swap. everything drive line, suspension its pretty sick
atxzenki
Learners Permit

Post by atxzenki »

meh, i don't like the exhaust tips at all.. not a fan of the s15 front end, just the short cut to trying to own a s15 lol, dunno about that "racing stripe" and those sport maxx's...
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Kamilitaryman »

atxzenki wrote:meh, i don't like the exhaust tips at all.. not a fan of the s15 front end, just the short cut to trying to own a s15 lol, dunno about that "racing stripe" and those sport maxx's...
Well thanks that you dont like my car and all. We all got our own style. Nissan only here.

On a side note, she's bein parted out so that comment doesnt even count anymore :)
oaznbeasto
240sx Wannabe

Post by oaznbeasto »

Oh the poor poor subie :D, at the least the rust isn't too bad quite a bit of surface rust. The diff looks like it wants to be finished painted orange :), good luck with it
CerpinVolta
NooB

Post by CerpinVolta »

Poor poor subi..what was the deer thinking!? :shock: Sounds like your build is coming along nice. You're doing a similar build as to what I was thinking of doing. How much money are you up to just for the rebuild parts? I'm kinda in the research stage of my build.. Also which silvia conversion you going with on the new shell? s13 or s15?

David
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Re: flywheel arrived

Post by Kamilitaryman »

Kamilitaryman wrote: Image
Avoid SPEC flywheels!

My story: I tried to have my crankshaft balanced with the new flywheel and well, the SPEC flywheel will not fit my crank! The shop took measurements and discovered that it's 0.003" off and it basically will not fit unless I take that material off. I should NOT have to pay to have that done. I called Enjuku and they told me to call SPEC. I did, they told me to "heat up" the flywheel to get it on because its a "tight fit". WHAT? Effin idiots! How am I going to get that thing off after its ON???? Dumbasses. So now Enjuku wants meaurements and pictures with proof that it doesnt fit.

So now I have to go to the shop, take pictures myself of the crank on my stock flywheel compared to the SPEC one. And i remember how easily my stock flywheel came on and off, even after 170k miles.

THIS IS **** if you ask me. I cant wait to prove those morons at SPEC that they are wrong and that they make **** flywheels.

After I get my $ back I'm going to try Fidanza. Did anyone have trouble with these on their KA?
all shal perrish

Post by all shal perrish »

why dont you just have it machined.?
it would be cheap and not take long at all
www.autovaughnperformance.com

NISTUNE EXCELLENT TUNING AT AN EXCELLENT PRICE (pm with questions regarding)

I AM ON THE HUNT FOR JWT CAM GEARS..
if you have some, pm me
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Kamilitaryman »

all shal perrish wrote:why dont you just have it machined.?
it would be cheap and not take long at all
Because I want them to admit that they ***** up. I'm tired of this ****. I'm gonna get a different flywheel and never going with SPEC again. Lesson learned.

Yes I could get it machined but then I'm supporting a garbage company.

So with that said. Is anyone on here using a Fidanza flywheel? If so, please share with me whether or not you had difficulties installing them. THANKS!!
all shal perrish

i have personaly installed a 11lb fidanza and it was just as smooth as stock.. instilation wize.. but it was not on my car..

i did install it though.. and i have read tons of other members on here that it is a smoth install

if you have some, pm me
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Kamilitaryman »

all shal perrish wrote:i have personaly installed a 11lb fidanza and it was just as smooth as stock.. instilation wize.. but it was not on my car..

i did install it though.. and i have read tons of other members on here that it is a smoth install
Thanks my friend, just the info I was looking for. As soon as Enjuku gives me my refund I'll be getting the Fidanza instead.
all shal perrish

your welcome..
but to tell you the truth that is the first time i have heard of the problem you had with your flywheel.. i am tempted to think that it was a fluke.. but i dont know. maybe i havent payed to much attention..

if you have some, pm me
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Kamilitaryman »

Yea I said "why me?" Maybe the machinist making the flywheel had a bad day at SPEC that day. Maybe quality control didn't even touch this flywheel. Who knows...
sloka-t
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by sloka-t »

stop crying about it, save yourself some time, and just machine it. baby.
Mechanical Engineering, Florida State University
all shal perrish

sloka-t wrote:stop crying about it, save yourself some time, and just machine it. baby.
i do agree with him..
i meen fidanza was simple to install,, but

it would be better to jus thave it machined

if you have some, pm me
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Kamilitaryman »

sloka-t wrote:stop crying about it, save yourself some time, and just machine it. baby.
And then lose all warranty on this POS? No thanks! It's going back and that's my final decision. No faulty parts on my KA. But if you back up SPEC, I'll be more than willing to sell you this faulty flywheel? Interested? I didn't think so.....
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Update!!!

Post by Kamilitaryman »

1st off, I'd like to apologize for lack of updates :) After buying the 350Z, it took me like 4 months to recover financially lol. Once I was ready to start spending again for this awesome but money-sucking hobby I've realized that I was still in need of a shell. It took me a while to get motivated to start the search but after a lot of searching I finally found and bought a shell. The seller of the '89 coupe I was going to buy ended up flaking out on the sale and kept the car (I don't blame him since that coupe was mint!) Anyways, 18 hours of non-stop driving down from Buffalo NY to Chantille, VA and back yielded this: A 95 240SX SE - picked it up with 214k on the clock & K-Sport coilovers for $3200 - not bad if you ask me :) I present to you my "fresh shell" :)

A side from the awesome find, I was able to get my motor into a shop. The guy who did the machine work was super happy to work on my motor as he is a Nissan fan himself. From the moment I showed him the motor, you could tell in his face he was happy to see someone bring him a Nissan block to work on. Anyways, here's a few pics I snagged while it was being rebuilt with the parts I've purchased.

Here's the built head - Stage 2 BC cams, dual springs and retainers, new valve seals, oversized valves - .5mm on the intake and .7mm on exhaust.

And here's my block!

I'm still deciding as to what set-up I'm going to run. This is my 1st ever motor rebuild yet alone a boosted motor build :/ I'm doing so much research but I can't decide what to get. I'm sure a lot of you had the same problem starting out. My goal is to reach ~350-400 hp.
Last edited by Kamilitaryman on Sun May 16, 2010 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.