Pics of Ka-t installed in a datsun 240z

This is for all those PICTURE THREADS ONLY. Motor installs, product writeups, showing off your car, put the thread in here.
crazys14
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by crazys14 »

stock block
550cc rx7 injectors
holset hy35
ebay manifold (got 2 extras just in case)
ebay wastegate
srt4 intercooler
emance ecu tuned for E85
running 20psi
Xylemer
240sx Wannabe

Post by Xylemer »

I have a 73 240z on my list of things to do. I am in the process of removing rust and in my case it is not to bad. It was in a garage for 6 years before I got it.

I love these cars and the KA looks great under the hood.
www.autovaughnperformance.com
Authorized NIStune Distributor and Installer
subtle_driver
240sx Wannabe

Post by subtle_driver »

crazys14 wrote:stock block
550cc rx7 injectors
holset hy35
ebay manifold (got 2 extras just in case)
ebay wastegate
srt4 intercooler
emance ecu tuned for E85
running 20psi
LOL! do i know you crazys14?
Just one thing, I'm using an old 35mm Turbosmart wg. does not control boost very well.
The boost creeps up past the limits of the Harbor freight boost gauge, which is 20psi. LOL!

BTW, the car is going on the market for sale after the final race in two weeks!
KA24DE-T
*89 240sx fastback
with stock internal s14 engine w/ ARP head studs (190,000+ miles). Truck flywheel & 6-puck 300zx clutch. Custom FMIC, Holset HY35W @ 15psi, daily driver/drag/autocross car, E~Mance tuned ECU wired with consult, z32tt maf, Walbero pump, dual remote ford v8 filters, Blitz EBC, wideband, custom fabbed tubing and 3" downpipe!

San Diego Club Racing Series: www.sdclubracing.com

ka24de-t in a Datsun 240z build:
viewtopic.php?t=42843
subtle_driver
240sx Wannabe

Post by subtle_driver »

I decided to take the Boba car to Cruizin Grand in Escondido, just for fun and to get some exposure for our humble sponsors.
Not the most up to date link but here is some info:
http://www.hotrodscustomstuff.com/cruisingrand.html[/URL]
This goes on every Friday at 6pm during the daylight savings summer months.
Its mostly for muscle cars and pre 74 classic cars.
Lots of people; we handed out alot of promotional flyers for SDGC, and informed alot of people for the SD Grand Challenge event. Most everybody was very excited about the car and the event. Alot of people would say, "dude, you need a blow off valve and... (mentioned alot of things we "need") lots of why did you do it like that, when you could do it this way?" ... untill we said it was built for a $1000 racing category. then they say, "Oooooooh.... thats why you did that!... awsome!"
Here are some pics, Enjoy:

Ya, that is me wearing shorts for the first time in 10 years. :wink:

That is Kaustav giving the thumbs up sign cause' he is so cool

Even these old car junkies thought it was cool :)
KA24DE-T
*89 240sx fastback
with stock internal s14 engine w/ ARP head studs (190,000+ miles). Truck flywheel & 6-puck 300zx clutch. Custom FMIC, Holset HY35W @ 15psi, daily driver/drag/autocross car, E~Mance tuned ECU wired with consult, z32tt maf, Walbero pump, dual remote ford v8 filters, Blitz EBC, wideband, custom fabbed tubing and 3" downpipe!

viewtopic.php?t=42843
importdude

Post by importdude »

looks dam good
hopefully when i go down there its still there for me to see run!
subtle_driver
240sx Wannabe

Post by subtle_driver »

importdude wrote:looks dam good
hopefully when i go down there its still there for me to see run!
when are you commin down here?
KA24DE-T
*89 240sx fastback

viewtopic.php?t=42843
4x4le
240sx Wannabe

Post by 4x4le »

Im loven it! I love e-85 and I could hardly imagine bringing myself to run a high performance turbo car on gas after falling in love with this fuel so much!

I also like that you properly routed your crank case vent. I try to bet it into peoples heads to do it, especially the ka guys and most just wont..... It is pretty much mandatory for an e-85 car though unless you like engine fires....

Loven the car dude! great work!
Authorized NIStune Dealer
AutoVaughnPerformance.com
joe62890

Post by joe62890 »

Love the car man! Diggin' the gas flap too, nice artwork. LOL.
subtle_driver
240sx Wannabe

Post by subtle_driver »

u buy now! i got too many other projects and this car needs to go to a good home. I'm gonna get the car dynoed within in a few weeks to see what it makes, if i get enough time and interest. But we estimate that it makes 350/400hp at 20-25psi based on the injector duty cycle afr's, and what not. the e85 kept it from blowing up. but as you could see, the tires prevented us from going any faster!But I still love that rule, keeps everybody in check.
What your looking at is a top contender that was built for the SDrev Grand challenge 2009. It's a 1972 datsun 240z, with a midship ka24de turbo running on e85 with a partial stripped body that wieghs about 1,900/2,000 lbs conservitively speaking.

I had several offers already, but i would rather sell it local (socal) to a good home. It needs alot of TLC, but most of the hard labor intencive work was done already. And it has potential to make over 600+hp with the current turbo setup as long as you install forged rods and pistons and arp hardware. or if you want more, i can set it up for 800+ hp for an additional 2 grand in parts.

here is a link to hybridz with some info on our car. http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=149772

I want to get enough to make it worth my while, and the team has 7 members and they all pitched in to help me build this monster. So i was gonna split it with them based on what they contributed in labor or donated parts.

I'm selling it as a complete setup as you saw it on the forums, speed channel-Mobile 1 the grid, and at the SDgrandchallenge.com race events. or i can can modify or customize it to your specifications. it is registered, smog exempt, clean title, street legal signed off by CHP officer, insured and can run on a variety of pump fuels. The car has made it to the top of Google, Just search 'team midnight boba'. Our ka-t powered z was arguably the fastest hands down at the racing events. we got third, instead of higher placing because of a technicality in the rules, and we did not place as high in the Car show. Basicly if there was no car show, we would have won it hands down.

when in n.a mode, can be tuned for 87 octane, all the way up to 91 or e85 fuel makes roughly 155-175hp. when in turbo mode, can be tuned for 91 octane or e85 ethanol makes about 350ish hp. but wait a little bit and we can see what she makes on the dyno print-out. On our street test runs it will hang with some of the fast more expensive cars that your buddies have. one of our more impressive kills was a 500+hp 2006 supercharged shelby mustang with mods and drag radials at barona. we are in the range of 0-100mph in 7ish seconds. but need more tire for drag to accomplish the same. we set out to build a well balanced car, rather than something that does good only in one or two of the events.

pm, or email subtle_driver@yahoo.com for more info and schedule a time to take a look.
Entertaining reasonable offers! 760-315-2372 --Justin Team captain of midnight Boba.
Willing to ship outside of the area as long as buyer arranges it.

If you want a parts/specs sheet i can type it up upon request.

here is a video of us racing at Barona with the autox n/a setup.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGVgcBK_QGo

thank you for looking!
KA24DE-T
*89 240sx fastback

viewtopic.php?t=42843
subtle_driver
240sx Wannabe

Post by subtle_driver »

Just found this on the GRM website:

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/events ... challenge/

check out the pic of the mustang racing our ka-t zcar. :wink:
KA24DE-T
*89 240sx fastback

viewtopic.php?t=42843
skyvia
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by skyvia »

That's awesome! Where do you make full boost at with the Holset?
subtle_driver
240sx Wannabe

Post by subtle_driver »

i don't know, we didn't have a tachometer.
based on my 240sx setup, it should be starting to boost at 2.7k and full boost at 3.3k thats from memory.
KA24DE-T
*89 240sx fastback

viewtopic.php?t=42843
subtle_driver
240sx Wannabe

Post by subtle_driver »

News! We got on Speed Channel!

Here is a link to the official Mobil 1 site for the feed if you missed it last week:
http://grid1.tv/#browse/media_vault/tribes?id=1_227
They flew in from NY to film us racing, then they sent the media to be processed in England, then it shows up on speed channel in the USA and other countries.

The car is running n/a since it was autocrossed at the last race (left alone since the Speed channel filmed it racing last month), the turbo kit is ready to bolt on (takes an hour) and i have a tune for both setups.

I haven't had time to get the car ready to sell as im starting my own racing series in San Diego for 300/400 Treadwear street tires. http://www.SDclubRacing.com Check it out could use some input for rules and always could use some help and sponsors.
KA24DE-T
*89 240sx fastback

viewtopic.php?t=42843
subtle_driver
240sx Wannabe

Post by subtle_driver »

I forgot to mention: Aimco clutches is offering discounts when you mention our racing team. I have used 4 clutch sets so far on my cars with very good results.

http://www.aimcoclutches.com/index.php
if you call and deal with Jimmy directly you will get a better price!
call them 1800-594-0825 ask for Jimmy Mention my name, Justin, and that I built a 240z for grassroots motorsports racing and he will give you a big discount. he is also knowlageable, so tell him your setup and hp and he will set u up with a clutch, they also sell lightened flywheels and Stock OEM clutches.

Remember you must talk to Jimmy and you must be very specific on what you need.
For example, if you have 200hp then order a clutch that can handle more than that, not somthing that is right at that limit. Or if you rev to 8,000rpms, you gotta let him know. he has stage 4, stage 5, upon request and he will piece together a custom set if you need it.

Thanks!
KA24DE-T
*89 240sx fastback

viewtopic.php?t=42843
subtle_driver
240sx Wannabe

Post by subtle_driver »

My other sponsors are also entertaining different levels of discounts for ka-t.org users if you mention the race car.

http://www.e-mance.com for ecu tuning/repairs, consult cables, conversion harnesses, etc. Does work on many makes including Honda, toyota.. But mostly specializes in Nissan/datsun/infiniti, DSM, and Subaru. He is local to me in San Diego, and tunes my cars for better gas milage, turbo, speed govener delete, e85 ethanol etc. I highly reccomend.
http://www.mckinneymotorsports.com for engine swap mounts and fab work
http://www.Modernimage.net for custom decals and vinyl, they did f&f cars.
http://www.Grassrootsmotorsports.com call them up and tell them you like our car, they will give you 2 free magazines.
http://www.aimcoclutches.com call and ask for Jimmy, big discounts on performance/stock clutches and flywheels
http://www.WhiteDragonmartialarts.com if you want to be like jacky chan or bruce lee call them
http://www.yelp.com/biz/black-mounta...on-san-diego-2 Black Mountain Collision, in San Diego, they are one of very few body shops I trust, and I take my cars there, and they can work with any buget. You must talk to Hassan, he is the owner!
http://www.Secorsauto.comA high class repair/custimization shop, highly qualified to do repairs on European luxury brands as well as Japanese/Demestic. Does everything from tuneups/brakes/oil changes, to engine swaps/drivetrain repair. Have the knowhow to repair custom vehicles and install superchargers/turbo kits. Validated Smog repair/test and exhaust work. Very clean shop. Local to SD. Talk to Joe....
KA24DE-T
*89 240sx fastback

viewtopic.php?t=42843
subtle_driver
240sx Wannabe

Post by subtle_driver »

This car is looking for a good home=for sale!
KA24DE-T
*89 240sx fastback

viewtopic.php?t=42843
R34SR
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by R34SR »

thread = major win
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
EAGLE-ARP-SUPERTECH 9:1 KA24DE
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
Full Race twin scroll manifold
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

TinyT wrote:for the love of god, post your setup, do you really think you can get an answer after saying HI ME CAR HAS TURBO NOW BUT I CANT BWAAA PSHH WITH IT WHATS WRONG
subtle_driver
240sx Wannabe

Post by subtle_driver »

R34SR wrote:thread = major win
thank you very much!
Now, i need to sell the car before i drop in a fully built block and a better manifold, then kill myself. I love how i can get away with it in Cali just cause its in a 240z. but i can't install an oil catch can on my s13 without getting a ref ticket. :cry:
KA24DE-T
*89 240sx fastback

viewtopic.php?t=42843
subtle_driver
240sx Wannabe

Post by subtle_driver »

Just got back from the Dyno.
I Guessed 250hp and I wanted 300hp after the tuning for the stock-longblock 150k+ miles, ka24de-turbo powered 1972 Datsun 240z.

The Final results were. 353 HP and 441 Ft. Lbs. at the rear wheels!
Final Crank HP with 15% drivetrain loss calculated: 415 HP, 519 Ft. Lbs.

http://www.E-mance.com tuning is simply amazing! I also am thanking all the memebers of the old Team Midnight Boba that helped with this! Thank you!

I got the dyno sheet posted here:
[url]http://www.sdclubrac...catid=19&id=458[/url]

I'll get some videos up and post more info when i get a chance! BACK TO THE DAILY GRIND! <_<

Special thanks to http://www.Mckinneymotorsports.com for your input during the build!
And Jason from http://www.E-mance.com for tuning this car!
and Jamie from http://www.Dynomitetuning.com for letting us use his dyno!
KA24DE-T
*89 240sx fastback

viewtopic.php?t=42843
wheelman
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by wheelman »

Is this car for sale?
I've seen several posts in this and other threads stating it is but never an official price.

I'm not seriously interested in buying it, I have a 240Z with an LT1 swap but I'm very curious about how you dealt with the front oil sump and the 240Z crossmember wanting to occupy the same space.

Reason I'm curoius is I have a spare KA24DE and have entertained the idea of replacing the LT1 with a KA-T.

Is there any chance you have pictures of the motor and tranny mounts you fabbed as well as how close the oil pan is to the crossmember and any mods you made to it?

Wheelman
Wheelman

1992 240SX SE Hatch, KA24DET.
1973 240Z, LT1, 5-speed, worked suspension.

DON'T TOUCH MY JUNK!!
Somewhere the Zebra dances
Time is the fire in which we burn
Lucient
240sx Wannabe

Post by Lucient »

What fuel rail is that?
If you dont set any goals you will never fail
Alonso

Post by Alonso »

FIXED
Billet PTE 6765 divided T4, Nismotronic, Speed density, Coil on plug conversion.

AWS D17.1 certified ;)
Follow me on Instagram: @alonso240
TumTum
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by TumTum »

nice datsun... and sweet numbers btw
240sx89drift
Learners Permit

Post by 240sx89drift »

subtle_driver wrote:I decided to take the Boba car to Cruizin Grand in Escondido, just for fun and to get some exposure for our humble sponsors.
Not the most up to date link but here is some info:
http://www.hotrodscustomstuff.com/cruisingrand.html[/URL]
This goes on every Friday at 6pm during the daylight savings summer months.
Its mostly for muscle cars and pre 74 classic cars.
Lots of people; we handed out alot of promotional flyers for SDGC, and informed alot of people for the SD Grand Challenge event. Most everybody was very excited about the car and the event. Alot of people would say, "dude, you need a blow off valve and... (mentioned alot of things we "need") lots of why did you do it like that, when you could do it this way?" ... untill we said it was built for a $1000 racing category. then they say, "Oooooooh.... thats why you did that!... awsome!"
Here are some pics, Enjoy:

Ya, that is me wearing shorts for the first time in 10 years. :wink:

That is Kaustav giving the thumbs up sign cause' he is so cool

Even these old car junkies thought it was cool :)
is that a custom intercooler???
sloka-t

Post by sloka-t »

you seriously quoted all of those pictures to ask that one question?
Mechanical Engineering, Florida State University