Madk's 240sx

This is for all those PICTURE THREADS ONLY. Motor installs, product writeups, showing off your car, put the thread in here.
xpinoyxmk
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Madk's 240sx

Post by xpinoyxmk »

Got this 240sx last christmas. 5 speed, now has 185,000 miles, original paint, dmax coils and resonated reinhard exhaust. Car is very clean. Only thing i dont like is the holes on the hatch from the wing and Super Hicas 4 wheel steering, but i have a non hicas subframe thats going in very soon. Oh and im in the process of doing the 5 lug, then i will start buying parts to turbo my rebuilt ka sitting at my house.

Oh and the Exhaust is for sale by the way. Would post in the for sale but post count too low. Just going to make a straight pipe or buy the reinhard straight pipe.

Also, this is with my 5 lug swap. Evo 9 front brembos and z32 bmc

Last edited by xpinoyxmk on Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TanManS14
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by TanManS14 »

Clean car man, can i see a picture from a lower perspective of the exhaust? That thing looks sweet, good starting point man.
It's always broken.
xpinoyxmk

Post by xpinoyxmk »

TanManS14 wrote:Clean car man, can i see a picture from a lower perspective of the exhaust? That thing looks sweet, good starting point man.
Sure. The exhaust hangs pretty low by the resonater. Im sure i can fix it by shortening the hangers but to lazy to take it to my friend.

Pic of the exhaust when i got it.

TanManS14

Post by TanManS14 »

Good deal man, got the fast response and pictures on lock lol. Thanks bud. What's your plans for the car?
It's always broken.
xpinoyxmk

Post by xpinoyxmk »

TanManS14 wrote:Good deal man, got the fast response and pictures on lock lol. Thanks bud. What's your plans for the car?
Right now, buy 5 lug hubs, front slotted evo rotors, 5 lug slotted rotors for rear, ss brake lines, and try to sell the exhaust to go straight pipe. Then after that, turbo my ka that i am currently rebuilding.
sloka-t
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by sloka-t »

i like that exhaust
Mechanical Engineering, Florida State University
street_240sx

Post by street_240sx »

hows it sound?
03 evo8 gsr: stroker 2.3 ;)

04 evo8 gsr: totalled

96 integra gsr: sold

89 s13 coupe: stock dohc, gt3076, megasquirt

started 3/15/08, running 1/18/09, finally turbo 2/9/14 lmfao
Markdawg20

Post by Markdawg20 »

VERY clean. Same moroon HICAS models as mine. :lol:
xpinoyxmk

Post by xpinoyxmk »

Has a deep tone to it. I think it sounds very nice. Was suppose to make a sound clip but never got around to it. Let me know if you guys what one.

Found out that the hicas models have a weird steering column too. It has this sensor under the steering wheel that will limit you to only 1 or 2 aftermarket hubs. Every other hub wont fit correctly. Thats what ive heard.
rusted89
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by rusted89 »

if i had the money i would buy the exhaust. if you still got it in a month or so then ill hit you up then i guess. btw good lookin car.
1989 s13. the turd machine
xpinoyxmk

Post by xpinoyxmk »

rusted89 wrote:if i had the money i would buy the exhaust. if you still got it in a month or so then ill hit you up then i guess. btw good lookin car.
Not a cheap exhaust at all but if you think you have the money then let me know. I paid $725 shipped to my door. Think of what im selling it for.
THR
240sx Wannabe

Post by THR »

nice car.

isnt the z32 brake cyl the same inner diameter size like a s13?

why the new driveshaft?
//Patrik Sthlm / Sweden
Turbo24sxt
Forum Moderator

Post by Turbo24sxt »

xpinoyxmk wrote:
rusted89 wrote:if i had the money i would buy the exhaust. if you still got it in a month or so then ill hit you up then i guess. btw good lookin car.
Not a cheap exhaust at all but if you think you have the money then let me know. I paid $725 shipped to my door. Think of what im selling it for.
100 post!!

non the less great looking car ... i miss my maroon hatch for sure ... that one looks amzingly clean ... good luck with build ..
Anthony
***Nate Moore 480sx R.I.P ***
***Will NEVER be Forgotten***
Build Thread
viewtopic.php?t=15023&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
rusted89
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by rusted89 »

[quote="xpinoyxmk"][quote="rusted89"]if i had the money i would buy the exhaust. if you still got it in a month or so then ill hit you up then i guess. btw good lookin car.[/quote]

Not a cheap exhaust at all but if you think you have the money then let me know. I paid $725 shipped to my door. Think of what im selling it for.[/quote]

how many miles did you put on it.
1989 s13. the turd machine
xpinoyxmk

Post by xpinoyxmk »

Got the car in Dec. and had 180k mileage. Bought coils first around Feb., then got exhaust and driveshaft probably a month later. So about 2-3k on the exhaust. The resonater may have a scratch or two though. I'll take a look when i do the subframe swap next sunday.
joe62890

Post by joe62890 »

Car looks good man!
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

xpinoyxmk wrote:
TanManS14 wrote:Good deal man, got the fast response and pictures on lock lol. Thanks bud. What's your plans for the car?
Right now, buy 5 lug hubs, front slotted evo rotors, 5 lug slotted rotors for rear, ss brake lines, and try to sell the exhaust to go straight pipe. Then after that, turbo my ka that i am currently rebuilding.
straight pipe? really? thats gonna sound like ass
tehzack

Post by tehzack »

TinyT wrote:
xpinoyxmk wrote:
straight pipe? really? thats gonna sound like ass
+1
LSX.
xpinoyxmk

Post by xpinoyxmk »

I have some silencers for that. Dont worry. Switching to straight pipe bc im afraid when i go drifting, the resonator will catch something and rip the exhaust off. :?

Ordered my wheels today. MB Battles 17x9.5 +15 Offset. Going to put some 225/45 federals on them.
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

lol if you do it right ur exhaust isnt going to be the lowest point, and i doubt ur gonna be that dirty low, what suspension r u on?

and 225's on 9.5" rim? come on man, thats really stretched, and pointless, and looks terrible. if you want 225's, buy a 7 inch rim
Last edited by TinyT on Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
frankist
240sx Wannabe

Post by frankist »

bahhh looking at your car makes me want to find a clean chassis to swap everything over into. =(

great looking shell =)
///+++
TanManS14

Post by TanManS14 »

TinyT wrote:lol if you do it right ur exhaust isnt going to be the lowest point, and i doubt ur gonna be that dirty low, what suspension r u on?

and 225's on 9.5" rim? come on man, thats really stretched, and pointless, and looks terrible. if you want 225's, buy a 7 inch rim
Its pointless for your setup probably, and for drag specifically, but not for fitting low offset rims, or a drift setup with a lot of sidewall stiffness.
It's always broken.
xpinoyxmk

Post by xpinoyxmk »

The exhaust hangs low and the streets are pretty horrible here in Tampa. Does anyone know where i could get some 304 stainless steel pipe from? Like 5 feet.

Sitting on dmax coils.

Car is not going to be used for drag. Daily driven and tracked on weekends when i have time.

225/45 on a 9.5 rim isnt that big of a stretch. Keep in mind that they will be tucked under rolled fenders and i will probably have to camber them in.

What about 235/40 front and 245/40 rear? I want a little stretch look.
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

to each his own, i run 245/50's on an 8 inch wide volk, but thats just my taste. i really do not like 240's for the fact that out of thousands and thousands of modded ones, I like about 5 of them, the stretched rubber hella camber poleyurethane look kills me.
xpinoyxmk

Post by xpinoyxmk »

Ordered:
-MB Battles 17x9.5 +15
-ISIS short shifter
-ISIS test pipe
-ISIS pressure hose
-SB brake lines
-Mutegi SR35 lugs

Everything except lugs should be here tmrrw. I'll post pics tmrrw too.

Havent really decided on tires right now. Anybody know a place where i could get tires the cheapest?

Oh and im going to be doing the hicas swap either this sunday or next. I think i'll take some pics and make a diy too since theres no diy on replacing the hicas ****.
1991Silvia
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by 1991Silvia »

xpinoyxmk wrote:The exhaust hangs low and the streets are pretty horrible here in Tampa. Does anyone know where i could get some 304 stainless steel pipe from? Like 5 feet.

Sitting on dmax coils.

Car is not going to be used for drag. Daily driven and tracked on weekends when i have time.

225/45 on a 9.5 rim isnt that big of a stretch. Keep in mind that they will be tucked under rolled fenders and i will probably have to camber them in.

What about 235/40 front and 245/40 rear? I want a little stretch look.

i think 225 on a 9.5 is pretty stretched but thats just my opinion but i would run 245 in the back
xpinoyxmk

Post by xpinoyxmk »

Wheels..

MB Battles 17x9.5 +15

merlin240s13

Post by merlin240s13 »

You sir have very good taste :lol:
S13_JDrift
240sx Wannabe

Post by S13_JDrift »

merlin240s13 wrote:You sir have very good taste :lol:
Nice battles, I just got my front hubs will buy this soon.
Ka24det-sold
RHD RB25 Coupe SOLD!!
new Track Coupe, KA-T or 2JZ??
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

they look like mr7's. eeeek