My coupe project getting underway...

This is for all those PICTURE THREADS ONLY. Motor installs, product writeups, showing off your car, put the thread in here.
Marcus
Wearer of Missing G-Strings!

My coupe project getting underway...

Post by Marcus »

Don't worry guys the red car is getting done too.

I want to note the sway bar end links. The new one shown is a 1g Q45 sway bar end link. Exactly an inch shorter with other dimensions identical. I'll be using these with the eibach's and kyb's shown. SPL rods, Energy bushings everywhere, and new lower ball joints all seen in the pictures. Pictures span a broad time range. Brakes are Spec V sentra rotors, Q45 calipers. Sorry for just cellphone pics.

Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Instead of a new thread, here's the red car. Trying to work with a buddy's schedule to borrow the tig.

s13grady
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by s13grady »

Looks fresh Marcus.
But, I see a little rust in pics 4 and 5 on the coupe.
I love how you refer to your hatch as , "the red car". That's what people call mine too. I love it. Has a nice ring to it.
92 s13 ka24det sc61 project.
street trim sleeper
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

s13grady wrote:Looks fresh Marcus.
I love how you refer to your hatch as , "the red car". That's what people call mine too. I love it. Has a nice ring to it.
Thanks man! Yeah it's rusty, but not rusted out. Hard to find clean shells anymore. It looks bad cause I've undercoated everything but those areas and have had my way with them. I'll be cutting out a couple of sections. I planned on doing this before the suspension setup, but I'm moved into my new house and this coupe, my white parts car, and the red car are all at my dads. I'll fix the rust later cause I have the itch for 240's again. Red car is a blink away.

Oh and for the motor I'm going to throw an S14 motor in there for now I guess so I can get the red car running. The motor I've started to build for the coupe is going to be....scary. Haven't seen too many sohc piston itb de's around. Followed by and aem ems.
:wink:
Alonso

Post by Alonso »

Greaser did that already. Even with cams it seems like he struggled to get over 200rwhp.
Billet PTE 6765 divided T4, Nismotronic, Speed density, Coil on plug conversion.

AWS D17.1 certified ;)
Follow me on Instagram: @alonso240
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Alonso wrote:Greaser did that already. Even with cams it seems like he struggled to get over 200rwhp.
He did...yes, but IIRC what compression was he running? I'm not after peak hp, more torque everywhere for a fun toy breaking loose at 2k. That'll make me happy.

Plus the latest news on BC cams getting dialed could have been helpful. I'm not saying he didn't know what he was doing The man always impressed.
s13grady

Post by s13grady »

Marcus wrote:
s13grady wrote:Looks fresh Marcus.
Thanks man! Yeah it's rusty, but not rusted out. Hard to find clean shells anymore. It looks bad cause I've undercoated everything but those areas and have had my way with them. I'll be cutting out a couple of sections. I planned on doing this before the suspension setup, but I'm moved into my new house and this coupe, my white parts car, and the red car are all at my dads. I'll fix the rust later cause I have the itch for 240's again. Red car is a blink away.

Oh and for the motor I'm going to throw an S14 motor in there for now I guess so I can get the red car running. The motor I've started to build for the coupe is going to be....scary. Haven't seen too many sohc piston itb de's around. Followed by and aem ems.
:wink:
i know what you are talking about trying to find a clean car. My white coupe is so @#$#in rusted its rediculous. Battery tray is gone, strut towers are shot, spare well and gas tank straps are destroyed as well but the exterior looks alright. I found a rustless hatch for 1000 bucks but i dont have a powerplant for it.

I would love to get my red car going but im still broke as a joke. Ive been out of a job for a year now. Im slacking big time.

ITB sohc would be pretty sick.
92 s13 ka24det sc61 project.
street trim sleeper
1993ka24det

Post by 1993ka24det »

NICE to see another coupe, it looks like you have a long way to go with her, but keep up the hard work
When Cornered, What G's Can You Pull
91white_ka
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by 91white_ka »

http://neworleans.craigslist.org/cto/1430091800.html

http://neworleans.craigslist.org/cto/1422074064.html

Cleanest frames you will find, and I could bring one up in december when I come see you, ha ha. Coupe looks good though man.
Alonso

Post by Alonso »

Marcus wrote:
Alonso wrote:Greaser did that already. Even with cams it seems like he struggled to get over 200rwhp.
He did...yes, but IIRC what compression was he running? I'm not after peak hp, more torque everywhere for a fun toy breaking loose at 2k. That'll make me happy.

Plus the latest news on BC cams getting dialed could have been helpful. I'm not saying he didn't know what he was doing The man always impressed.
Whatever stock KA-E pistons bump it up to in a dohc...
Billet PTE 6765 divided T4, Nismotronic, Speed density, Coil on plug conversion.

AWS D17.1 certified ;)
ILuvS13s
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by ILuvS13s »

Marcus wrote:Plus the latest news on BC cams getting dialed could have been helpful. I'm not saying he didn't know what he was doing The man always impressed.
the problem with using bc cams in an na setup is it is still a forced induction cam. meaning its running little to negative overlap. To really get the benefit of running n/a a custom grind needs to be utilized that will put the engine into positive numbers like 20 - 30+ degrees overlap. You'd have to setup the engine like the v8 guys do.
240drew wrote:will someone go thru and show me how to wipe my ass? I am really confused, does the paper go in? ( I am just kidding) I am a bit bored.
R34SR wrote:save a tree, drag your ass on the grass.
RIP Nate Moore (480sx)We will never forget you.

Alonso

Post by Alonso »

doesnt matter with cam gears. I know Greaser didn't just drop them in and called it a day...

AWS D17.1 certified ;)
ILuvS13s
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by ILuvS13s »

thats not what im saying at all. im saying there is a difference in the grinds of n/a and forced induction cams. Can you give a turbo cam lots of positive overlap by degreeing? Yes you can, but it will never be the same as a cam ground specifically for running high overlap. You then get into different lifts, different kind of ramps, and higher durations.

If you degree the bc cams for n/a, you will definately pick up some top end and maybe even some mid range.. if you do it right. But the powerband wont be as dramatic as running a big n/a cam.

Im definately sure Greaser knows what he's doing.

But enough of this, lets give the man back his thread. :D
240drew wrote:will someone go thru and show me how to wipe my ass? I am really confused, does the paper go in? ( I am just kidding) I am a bit bored.

Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Ok Drift slut is getting pretty close these days. It's "driveable" but let's just say I'm building a lsd diff, and you're seeing my transmission replacement after getting shift fork fix. A few highlights right now. HS header, 3" exhaust, RPS clutch, strong S14 motor. Just swapped some RUCAs on it, Once I have it driving it'll be the daily until I feel like swapping for ITB's. Get bored again I'll swap the high compression motor in. One crossing fingers step at a time.

Please feel free to join me in the cosmetic laughter. :wink:

The thing will definitely make me a quick buck around here lol.
TanManS14
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by TanManS14 »

Looks really good man. Always liked ur cars. Interior's and exterior is always clean. Cant wait to see what project Na can bring.
It's always broken.
DubK_s13
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by DubK_s13 »

nice come thru wichita sometime man alonso, me and you can go cruise
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

TanManS14 wrote:Looks really good man. Always liked ur cars. Interior's and exterior is always clean. Cant wait to see what project Na can bring.
Me neither! Thanks for the compliments. I usually don't post too much when everythings running. If I'm not working on them I'm driving them. In fact I just got home from work. Had to throw on some lights and ignition advancer on the bike. Transmission is all done. Waiting on a front seal. Should be pulling the drivetrain this weekend. For the interior on this one I'll be throwin in the core box, ducting, stereo, and all that junk soon. Better pics will come when this damn weather motivates me a little more. The suspension just looks and feels solid. Someone sent me a text on a rear sway bar so another issue solved.

Oh and hey!

Last edited by Marcus on Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

DubK_s13 wrote:nice come thru wichita sometime man alonso, me and you can go cruise
I've been meaning to. I've been working every night on something to get caught up so I can get out of here on the weekends lol.

I'll take you up on that. This car would suck to take up there cause the red car would be on my mind the whole time haha.
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Well I put a new windshield in it, (cracked my parts car one in the last 2 inches costing me 135 bucks just for the glass. Had new trim off parts car, but 16 bucks for adhesive. Now it's finally running and driving with a welded diff while I shim my s13 lsd. The exhaust was a bunch of 3 inch cuts from another exhaust and one lucky mandrel bend I had laying around and the muffler I stole off my truck until I can decide what I really want to do. Toe arms will be next.

The transmission I replaced the shift fork and whatnot shifts perfect with or without clutch. I have an iacv to tackle along with transmission harness.

It needs stripes to finish the scheme.....and a few bent braces replaced.

LOL at my own car...

EDIT: Just got done for the night on it. IACV was dirty, but my idle situation is from the brake booster. Also have a bent hub. (graveyard car). I have a replacement for both, just need more time...

DeBoy
Learners Permit

Post by DeBoy »

can't wait to get to this point with my coupe. also I thought all coupes came with a digi speedo and HUD?
TanManS14
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by TanManS14 »

You dirty slut, i hope that's not your garage. People who have lifts make me sick.
It's always broken.
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

DeBoy wrote:can't wait to get to this point with my coupe. also I thought all coupes came with a digi speedo and HUD?

This is an early 89 base. No power locks, mirrors, windows, no hole in the roof. Light though. :wink:
TanManS14 wrote:You dirty slut, i hope that's not your garage. People who have lifts make me sick.
It's not my garage, but it's my shop. :D I don't own it...but it's just 2 of us here with an investor. Goal is to own a shop within the next 2 yrs.

Lifts are very nice. No picture updates but it's been getting worked on every night. Rebuilt the starter tonight, replaced tranny harness, fixed neutral indicator, and a bunch of lil odds and ends.

I'm hoping to head to MOKAN friday and do a few shakedown runs.

PS I REALLY need an oem rear sway bar, and a fuel filter bracket wouldn't be a bad idea either.

LOL found an old pic.
aaronlee97
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by aaronlee97 »

Nice work man. I was thinking about building an NA or a Supercharged KA myself.
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

aaronlee97 wrote:Nice work man. I was thinking about building an NA or a Supercharged KA myself.
Instant power has it's uses. AEM's base map is plenty fun too.
aaronlee97
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by aaronlee97 »

Marcus wrote:
aaronlee97 wrote:Nice work man. I was thinking about building an NA or a Supercharged KA myself.
Instant power has it's uses. AEM's base map is plenty fun too.
Sweet man. I'll have to keep that in mind.
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Took it to the strip. It was so busy I only got one run.

2.2 60ft
14.9@92
ILuvS13s
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by ILuvS13s »

Marcus wrote:
AEM's base map is plenty fun too.
what do you mean by this? j/w. I have yet to run my car on my EMS because I wasnt sure how complete the base map was. Being as I havent F'd with tuning yet.. I just havent plugged it in.

Marcus

Post by Marcus »

ILuvS13s wrote:
Marcus wrote:
AEM's base map is plenty fun too.
what do you mean by this? j/w. I have yet to run my car on my EMS because I wasnt sure how complete the base map was. Being as I havent F'd with tuning yet.. I just havent plugged it in.
I run 91 atleast. Timing map feels more aggressive and the readings from sensors are more apparent.

DON'T quote me but I remember a long time ago seeing a map of a 3" exhaust stock motor gaining 35 hp and 4x ft/lbs. Not peak but still it broadens the torque range. Had 20 some hp gain peak.