Ichorid the KA-T 510

This is for all those PICTURE THREADS ONLY. Motor installs, product writeups, showing off your car, put the thread in here.
ichorid
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Ichorid the KA-T 510

Post by ichorid »

Hey guys I decided to post up my build thread here. looks like a couple other guys from my cars home forum have done so as well. Any how here she is my KA-T in progress 72 Datsun 510 (ichorid)

a brief flash to present day for you guys with a montage. I purchased the car in January of this year in this condition.

http://dznr.org/3fg5 (gallery of pics from purchase through KA)

wasted no time sourcing parts for a KA swap. I didn't do the swap myself, I knew I couldn't get it done as well the guy I took it to. his 2 KA-T 510s are amazing and the swaps are clean as hell. at this point I hadn't really owned the car for more than 3 months. 2 of it was it sitting getting worked on. here is after the car had been finished with the KA for a few months.

350z seats cause it has to stay in the family

in the car

at a datsun meet, freshly installed CF hood, and E30 projectors

move forward a little more we're gearing up for this year's JCCS. not to compete but I wanted to try my hand at painting the car and doing body work, it was a really fun project with my dad. a WHOLE LOT of ugly went down plenty of pictures of that at the links below. LOTS of bondo was knocked out LOTS AND LOTS. a little bit was put back because well JCCS was almost here and I wasn't ready to commit the money to a body shop, and I needed to "finish"

now she is flat black on long champs

and we got rid of the purple head and dirty bay.

driftking777 came through with a big hookup in the form of

and a JWT ECU setup for the turbo and injectors. Sale pending right now for ChicagoS14Ts gear (send you cash in the AM :D ) that will land me manifold, wastegate, bov, intercooler misc piping, bc, and that jazz. The car is going off to wellbiltkustoms on Nov. 6th for a cage, then getting a freshly rebuilt and TURBO'D Ka24de dropped in.

plenty left to buy and source still but Im pretty confident Ill be driving my KA-T 510 before december. HOPEFULLY no rush though a whole ton has been done in less than a year.

After all this the next BIG thing will be.... repainting it. Lets just say after doing the work with my dad, I have a great respect for you body work guys. Im happy with where she is at visually. Its what I wanted.. sorta. The main thing is we killed a lot of rust, properlyish. and fixed a lot of leaky seals. The paint plan is going to be Ducati satin black from color rite. I think it looks bad ass. Any how thats not till next summer when the wife and I have got our house and I have a garage of my own to store the car at. for now a touch up with SEM trim black will make me happy.

thanks for reading.
ChicagoS14T
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by ChicagoS14T »

Builds looking great.

Almost all parts are off the car. Tomorrow ill package the rest and ship ASAP.
1995 IAP kit: 210whp @ 5psi - SOLD
1JZGTE swap soon
1990 SOHC Auto - parting out
www.240sxguide.com
Miami240

Post by Miami240 »

Nice car man. I love little tin buckets like this. I have mine in a '80 corolla.
12508 SW 117 Ct.
Miami, FL 33186
Ph: (305) 251-1995
savatoge
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by savatoge »

VERY NICE build. Having done my share of bodywork, I can appreciate the love you have put into this ride.

I'm going to steal your Z seats idea :lol:
266 whp 266 wtq @ 10 psi
s13grady

Post by s13grady »

I love 510 builds
92 s13 ka24det sc61 project.
street trim sleeper
ichorid

Post by ichorid »

savatoge wrote:VERY NICE build. Having done my share of bodywork, I can appreciate the love you have put into this ride.

I'm going to steal your Z seats idea :lol:
\

ha! thanks man, the Z seats get more comments than anything on the car. its like "Cool car is that a KA? WHOAOO!!!!! WHAT SEATS ARE THOSE!"
tensecondrunr
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by tensecondrunr »

i love a 4 door 510! Especially when its done right, good work, i love the car!
Jake
95 240sx KA with the T! on the way..
"Truthful words are not beautiful; Beautiful words are not truthful. Good words are not persuasive; Persuasive words are not good."Lao Tzu
ichorid

Post by ichorid »

big time update! UPDATE UPDATE! with billions of pictures!

so I dropped the car off a few weeks ago to start the cage. Its all done now and Jimmy took literally hundreds of pictures for me while he was working on my dime. here are some of my favorites and a link to a detailed set of 100+ images taken from beginning to end. He did a whole lot more than just build a cage for me this guy is awesome and can't wait for him to do some more work on the car.

here is the link to my flickr set.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hackeyesup ... 865171483/

and the teaser, he is working on a few of these strut tower bars, 3 point fancy shmancy bar of awesomeness. I will be getting one for sure he is also going to do a complete turbo back exhaust for me.

http://www.wellbiltkustoms.com/ where the cage and strut tower bar were created. Jimmy is a real rad dude. Ordering the final parts monday from one of the vendors on the forum. then next weekend off to start assembling the turbo build! so stoked I think in about 2 months Ill be boosting.

then the fun really begins! I was talking to my bud about the car. Saying out loud that I have owned this car for a year, and I have only driven it maybe a month and a half is really sad. Thats what you get for trying to do to much all at once.
irritatedmax

Post by irritatedmax »

wow, man. it looks great. you have come a long way in a short time. keep it up!
Steve

joe62890

Post by joe62890 »

Build looks great man! Been looking for a 510 for the last few months but they seem damn near impossible to find.
ichorid

Post by ichorid »

Thanks guys can't wait for boost.
ChicagoS14T

Post by ChicagoS14T »

ichorid wrote:Thanks guys can't wait for boost.
Speaking of hows that coming along?
1995 IAP kit: 210whp @ 5psi - SOLD
1JZGTE swap soon
1990 SOHC Auto - parting out
www.240sxguide.com
ichorid

Post by ichorid »

It's going. Slowly but surely. Should be in the shop next week. Ordering from underground if I can make sure to call while I have a minute at work. Just need some last little bits then in the parts go. I'm on the look out for 15x9 or 8 wantanbes all black. Should help with traction. And general badassery.
joe62890

Post by joe62890 »

ichorid wrote:It's going. Slowly but surely. Should be in the shop next week. Ordering from underground if I can make sure to call while I have a minute at work. Just need some last little bits then in the parts go. I'm on the look out for 15x9 or 8 wantanbes all black. Should help with traction. And general badassery.
Lemme know what you need and I'll take care of you.
nyquil2
240sx Wannabe

Post by nyquil2 »

thats a clean car