s13 build ...56k take a nap

This is for all those PICTURE THREADS ONLY. Motor installs, product writeups, showing off your car, put the thread in here.
street_240sx
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by street_240sx »

I wish I had a JDM master brake cylinder?
03 evo8 gsr: stroker 2.3 ;)

04 evo8 gsr: totalled

96 integra gsr: sold

89 s13 coupe: stock dohc, gt3076, megasquirt

started 3/15/08, running 1/18/09, finally turbo 2/9/14 lmfao
godrifttoday
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by godrifttoday »

I had to ! I picked it up for 80 bucks on zilvia. Its cool because now I don't worry about the lines being an issue although I will wrap the bmc with the gold foil shield , and make a shield so I don't melt the resevoir, since I won't be running an e brake ... It will be all hydrolic
godrifttoday
street_240sx

Post by street_240sx »

godrifttoday wrote:I had to ! I picked it up for 80 bucks on zilvia. Its cool because now I don't worry about the lines being an issue although I will wrap the bmc with the gold foil shield , and make a shield so I don't melt the resevoir, since I won't be running an e brake ... It will be all hydrolic
well i like them and think they are cleaner looking. i want a z32 one but i dont want to pay what people think they are worth. but looks good and i would put the heat shield on it regardless too
03 evo8 gsr: stroker 2.3 ;)

04 evo8 gsr: totalled

96 integra gsr: sold

89 s13 coupe: stock dohc, gt3076, megasquirt

started 3/15/08, running 1/18/09, finally turbo 2/9/14 lmfao
godrifttoday

Post by godrifttoday »

It I's a z32 one. Dont they usually go for 80? I'll post pics later today of everything I have done.
godrifttoday
katrecipe
**BANNED**

Post by katrecipe »

katrecipe wrote:I wish were i lived was sunny most of the year nice build...
Well i fixed that ^^^^
I was a moron and I got banned!
702S13
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by 702S13 »

wow man, i love this build! but we need more pics!!! ant plans for a cage?
extra bolts are just weight reduction.
WacingWandy's240
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by WacingWandy's240 »

Yeah, how about some update pics?
95 Nissan 240sx
5 speed
300zx LSD
HKS High Power Exhaust
godrifttoday

Post by godrifttoday »

here some pics!, i installed energy suspension every where i could put a bushing in, and installed zirk fittings on them even the sway bar got the treatment, at the momment i just wanted the car to start so i will now be wiring my custom harness with bare essentials. i also picked up a front 5 lug at the junk yard from an s13! amazing find, they are aftermarket but for 37 bucks for both can go wrong ! the rear subframe was re-inforced everywhere welded bars across as u will see in the pictures and boxed the points where the arms go, and installed spl solid bushings, i also welded washers where the hub eccentric bolts go so i dont hvae to worry of them getting loose.the suspension arms i painted them with a primer that looks pretty good and its thick, even the front lower control arms got boxed in and painted, my goal is to do everything i need to be done , well done. If i go to a car meet i want my car to be the car everyone wants to build. i dont plan on taking it out till i have everything. as far as caged i will more than likely go with a bolt on. i never drifted a rear wheel drive car, so dont want to go welding a cage and having the possibility of crashing. i will be welding braces under the frame rails to attach accross the rails for even more reinforcement . i also decided to paint my valve cover after i saw one of the other memebers thread here on ka-t.org , the cover came out really good. if anyone wants their valve cover painted let me know. any questions let me know.

godrifttoday
katrecipe
**BANNED**

Post by katrecipe »

I like the grease fittings you drilled and set.. it's the little things that set peoples builds apart i like small details...
k12ispl

Post by k12ispl »

looks like one freaking stiff suspension set up .... i like it ! nice build btw 8)
1993 240sx Coupe 5 Speed
*'91 Ka Rebuild w/ stock internals
*Stage 1 clutch
*Lightweight Flywheel
^July'12-Traded for a '03 zx6r 636

1969 Datsun 1600 Roadster Build
viewtopic.php?t=52915
www.intercarofknoxville.com
godrifttoday

Post by godrifttoday »

well i got some things which i ordered from summit racing. i plan on doing a custom chassis harness soon. so i ordered some additional gauges, i got a rpm gauge, and a fuel gauge. i also ordered some dei 800 degree heat foil. my turbo sits near to the brake master cylinder so i wraped the thing up. doesnt look too pretty but it should work i will also be making a heat shield to combact the heat. here some pics

godrifttoday
godrifttoday

Post by godrifttoday »

Here I's some fab I've done lately for my cluster

godrifttoday
godrifttoday

Post by godrifttoday »

Stock wiring . Stripped everything except head lights, tail lights, fuel. Ignition . I depinned from the main harness located on the driver side by your left foot. Still not done but almost. Need to finish the front headlights

godrifttoday
Jus14

Post by Jus14 »

Nice! Loving the pile of wires....haha
Zip Tie Racing
www.NissanNation.com
CJ
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by CJ »

Wow you have done a nice job. I think it looks great. Keep up the good work.
godrifttoday

Post by godrifttoday »

Here some updates...
I did half my downpipe today.. Really happy with Thr fitment... As u guys can see I should have virtually no problems with my 3 inch downpipe... From the beginning I used about 4 inches of 2.5 pipe flared out to 3 inch. Got really good penetration...
godrifttoday
godrifttoday

Post by godrifttoday »

godrifttoday
esahuque

Post by esahuque »

what happened to the vented hood?
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

Woah dude. Your going to have horrendous brake fade. Im sure at this point your gonna rock it but I can tell u from experience it's gonna be bad.
airman wrote:I'm all about spreadsheets. Bitches love spreadsheets.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
hy35 18psi Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=38784
RIP MJL best friend of 20 years and the man who showed me 240s
godrifttoday

Post by godrifttoday »

And I moved the turbo away from it... Too.. Before it would practically touch ...But here's the plan... Turbo blanket, coated downpipe . And heat wrapped. And I will make a shield for The brake master cylinder using some 12 gauge metal and heat coating it and then adding the gold reflective tape... I also have the hood lifted from the mounting points. I would need to use high quality brake fluid.... With high boiling point. Since I won't have an e brake. The vented hood was never painted lol.. Not sure if I will use it... But if I start having issues with my brakes. I will make a vent where the turbo is.
godrifttoday
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

im not seeing how your going to fit a blanket and or sheild. im not hatin, the dp is real nice. but you need a new manifold. i will say my fade experience was with stock brakes though. i was getting fade on the street, not even drift/road racing. i added a balnket and sheild and wraped dp and it was fixed, but i also have like 2" more clearence. hopefully in your case im wrong, cuz no one likes doing things twice.
airman wrote:I'm all about spreadsheets. Bitches love spreadsheets.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
hy35 18psi Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=38784
RIP MJL best friend of 20 years and the man who showed me 240s
godrifttoday

Post by godrifttoday »

sdaigle240 wrote:im not seeing how your going to fit a blanket and or sheild. im not hatin, the dp is real nice. but you need a new manifold. i will say my fade experience was with stock brakes though. i was getting fade on the street, not even drift/road racing. i added a balnket and sheild and wraped dp and it was fixed, but i also have like 2" more clearence. hopefully in your case im wrong, cuz no one likes doing things twice.
Yeah I know I should get a new manifold lol but I for This one for 20 bucks lol... Well I want the car for track mainly... I allready got a daily.... But I got room to fit the blanket and for the shield I was goin to make my own to box the Bmc ... Question though. Is their a replacement Bmc I can go with from wilwood? Or comparable company that is smaller I'n size? And I'm not talking about chase kits which remove the brake booster. And I never attended a track event but would their be issues with taking off my hood? I'm sure this will solve my problem.
godrifttoday
godrifttoday

Post by godrifttoday »

godrifttoday wrote:
sdaigle240 wrote:im not seeing how your going to fit a blanket and or sheild. im not hatin, the dp is real nice. but you need a new manifold. i will say my fade experience was with stock brakes though. i was getting fade on the street, not even drift/road racing. i added a balnket and sheild and wraped dp and it was fixed, but i also have like 2" more clearence. hopefully in your case im wrong, cuz no one likes doing things twice.
Yeah I know I should get a new manifold lol but I for This one for 20 bucks lol... Well I want the car for track mainly... I allready got a daily.... But I got room to fit the blanket and for the shield I was goin to make my own to box the Bmc ... Question though. Is their a replacement Bmc I can go with from wilwood? Or comparable company that is smaller I'n size? And I'm not talking about chase kits which remove the brake booster. And I never attended a track event but would their be issues with taking off my hood? I'm sure this will solve my problem. I will be running 300zx front and rear brakes and the 350z front rotors which are almost 13 inches.
godrifttoday