s13 build ...56k take a nap

This is for all those PICTURE THREADS ONLY. Motor installs, product writeups, showing off your car, put the thread in here.
godrifttoday
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

s13 build ...56k take a nap

Post by godrifttoday »

my goal: build a track car for only drifting
im spending as little as possible im buying everything used and getting sick deals..
all i can say cash is king lol

price of car $100 with some small frame damage
the car came with some extra parts as well so it was a win win!

so this weekend 10/2/09 to 10/4/09
stich weld as much of the car as possible

heres the pic
cars pretty straight

the bad

so what i did to fix the problem of the chassis and for the welds

Best tool to remove the glue from the panels

the sound thing was almost removed, ran out of ice

fast foward another week, i pick up a free rolling 240sx shell! from member carlosncdi Thanks i was picking up some autometer gauges and he ended up telling me hes getting out of the scene and he is junking the car... this was all over the phone, hes like the car has a big quarted dent and the roof is caved in... im like dam. can i go check it out? hes like sure ? It was missing doors and motor and wheels roof looked bad how it was caved in but we poped most it out.. so i eneded up towing the car the next day.. but lucky me i had the other 240sx switch the doors and bam old car sent to junk yard got $60 bucks for scrap metal...

it came with nice dash and free fender braces.... he did have some parts he was going to sell, so i bought them all, kazama lower control arms, tein inner and outer tie rods welded diff and rear camber arm

so i started to stiched welded the car the whole car! again.. i removed all the interior car should be ready in about 3 weeks for paint here some pic of the damage and the welds

so i did the tubes, a totally different than what everyone is accustome to ...than the normal, all i need is to swap in the motor make the holes for the intercooler piping.. goog thing is that everything will look hidden so will see how it comes out , as far as the radiator support im going to put a new one in but im going to do it so i can bolt it on so it can be easy to remove and install engine if needed

heres the paint its of a bmw m3, dont have the paint code paint was given to me like a 1-2 years ago.. still good, i was going to paint my civic that color but ended up with another color

here is the pic of my old civic its a s2000 moon rock metalic

here some pics of other things i done
ebay top mount manifold got it for cheap re-welded it should not crack

heres the motor on and the fitment with the ebay manifold not to bad

so today i did the intercooler brackets and the cold pipe

made the brackets for oilcooler and methanol pump, and maf sensor. brother and i started working on the doors engine bay pretty much done. need to convert to a 89-90 power steering i have no room for the 91 setup
godrifttoday
Absinthminded
Learners Permit

Post by Absinthminded »

Looks grat so far man. I'm planning on doing the same thing with my coupe. Cheap as I can drift set up.
s13grady
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by s13grady »

I like.
92 s13 ka24det sc61 project.
street trim sleeper
godrifttoday

Post by godrifttoday »

thansk! engine bay is practically done i just need the routing of the power steering. and should be ready for paint,.. as far as getting everything for cheap yeah i just picked up a n62 with clips for 20 bucks and a a log manifold for 20 bucks lol so im ditching the ebay one
godrifttoday
Alonso

Post by Alonso »

That manifold is going to crack,guaranteed. Not only because it is ebay junk, you rewelded it with mild steel wire.

Since you have a welder, why not just MIG your own custom manifold using mild steel sch. 40 weld els.
Billet PTE 6765 divided T4, Nismotronic, Speed density, Coil on plug conversion.

AWS D17.1 certified ;)
Follow me on Instagram: @alonso240
godrifttoday

Post by godrifttoday »

Alonso wrote:That manifold is going to crack,guaranteed. Not only because it is ebay junk, you rewelded it with mild steel wire.

Since you have a welder, why not just MIG your own custom manifold using mild steel sch. 40 weld els.
not to worry my friend
i got this for 20 bucks lol

godrifttoday
zenki-des

Post by zenki-des »

dude you need to clock that center section on the turbo so you dont run into oil problems
wtf is juice nigga i want that purple stuff
98 240sx t28
264lb/220hp
274/270lb 20g 12psi
240tuned91
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by 240tuned91 »

hes stiching the car up, welding fabricating, im sure he knows how to clock a turbo.
TanManS14
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by TanManS14 »

Did you paint the civic yourself? Looks good man.
It's always broken.
godrifttoday

Post by godrifttoday »

The turbo I have in the picture is blown... I just installedthe motor for mock up... I'm basically done... I need to do a couple of small things and the motor will be out do I can paint the engine bay... As far as painting my civic yes... It was my first paint job ever... If u are going to attempt it for it first time please!!! Buy or use a quality gun... It makes a world of a difference... It helps u cover up alot of mistakes that would have shown with cheap guns... So itsnake u feel like if u have a special gift lol...I did get a little bit of orange peel but I wet sanded it and it came out great... But u should have seen when I did a test spot with the cheap gun ... Omg ugly... Everyone thought I paid big bucks on painting it... But cost were appx 400 with paint supplies not sand paper and stuff like that... For the clear I used glasurit... It used in highend cars... I luckly know someone that got me a bottle for 180 instead of the normal price of 400
godrifttoday
TanManS14

Post by TanManS14 »

Cool beans, yea i do plan on painting the car myself, just couldn't fork over the amount of money to have someone else do it, and if it turns out bad, hey, it'll look better than it does now lol.

Did you prime with the same gun that you painted with? What gun did you use?
It's always broken.
godrifttoday

Post by godrifttoday »

I used a devil bliss and for the primer I Used forex i think when I get home I'll post the gun name... But u used 2 different guns though... The devil cost about 280 and th primer is 120 bucks I believe... But once u get good u can do little side jobs and what not... And for practice u se something u don't need... But honestly all u really need in my opinion is common sence and a steadY hand and u will be fine... I was on YouTube alot, seeing how other people paint so u can get an idea
godrifttoday
nissan_slider
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by nissan_slider »

Hey man nice build love what you have done with the engine bay.
NISSAN_SLIDER
godrifttoday

Post by godrifttoday »

well this weekend i will be doing a custom vented hood ill post pictures, but here are the guns i used... doors are pretty much done dent free. i do need a new trunk because its wavy , i did cut the hole for the for the reservoir for the meth kit looks good

godrifttoday
wannaboost?

Post by wannaboost? »

Sweet build man. ANOTHER DRIFTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Build.Boost.Break.Repeat.
redline240sx

Post by redline240sx »

looking good. like the welding job..
S13 KA-t
godrifttoday

Post by godrifttoday »

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL i went to the junk yard today pick up a couplt things i needed it was 50% off! :D well i wanted to make a vented hood, i did not want to buy a aftermarket one for the reason they cost much, and i can use it for something else. so my solution was the following.... $10 of 18 gauge metal, not done yet still need to do a couple more things :D here what got me into drifing i was sliding an integra lol back in the day
and the hood
godrifttoday
Walperstyle

Post by Walperstyle »

I really like the hood.
godrifttoday

Post by godrifttoday »

havent had any times to post, but i got a couple of things done i picked up a right hand drive z32 did my lines and i also just did a couple of other things im prepping the car for paint so hopefully soon. well ok im pretty good at following directions, and woking with cars but im stuck here. i posted the pic of how my lines are set up. i bleed the brakes but i only get fluid being sent to the front of the car... i get no fluid sent to the back of the car none! with and with out activating the hydro e brake. i do get fluid to the back of the port on the cnc while pressing the brakes but no fluid comes out from the side port that is going to the rear brake.. so im stuck here any ideas? and solutions?

car s13, no motor yet, z32 right hand drive brake master cylinder ( use for turbo line clearence)

godrifttoday
godrifttoday

Post by godrifttoday »

havent poseted in a bit. but done alot.. figured out my hydro brake. and sanded and got alot of pane;ls of my car straight

godrifttoday
slideways11
240sx Wannabe

Post by slideways11 »

whats the bracket on the bmc for?
godrifttoday

Post by godrifttoday »

it stops the bmc from moving when brakes are apllied it actually works. firmer pedal feel too i got it from here

http://www.phase2motortrend.com/cispbrcyst24.html
godrifttoday
torch'd

Post by torch'd »

awesome bguild bro love the budget idea.
going fast, i can do that... this going sideways thing is tricky.....
godrifttoday

Post by godrifttoday »

Thanks bro... I een buying everything used nothing new...or everything from privte party so I can get a. Better dea. The only thing I won't cheap out on is paint. Car should be painted very soon
godrifttoday
godrifttoday

Post by godrifttoday »

primer the engine bay today
godrifttoday
Tad_07
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by Tad_07 »

looking good
TanManS14

Post by TanManS14 »

Was the fender tub done knowing that the hood was gonna be placed like that? It prolly gets some nice air flow through there, the tub's look like they hug the bottom side of the hood pretty good, seems like it'd keep the air from randomly swirling in the aquard parts of the engine bay. Kinda neat.
It's always broken.
godrifttoday

Post by godrifttoday »

well i did the tub because i wanted the engine bay to loook clean with out much stuff in there. as for airflow we shall see but like u said it does make a good point.. i started on my rear wheels

here a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVWgh_MZ6xQ

pulling teeth!
godrifttoday
flatblack240
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by flatblack240 »

you work quick. looks real good man!
-Evan
1992 Fastback
godrifttoday

Post by godrifttoday »

Thank u sir... All the wheel wells have been primer and removed of that thick undercoating... I should be painting them this week comin up
godrifttoday