2FAS240's build thread

This is for all those PICTURE THREADS ONLY. Motor installs, product writeups, showing off your car, put the thread in here.
diesel240
Dreams of owning a 240!

Re: 2FAS240's build thread updated on 10 June 2014

Post by diesel240 »

Diggin the intercooler fab. Glad you had a good time up at Brainerd too, I didn't spend much time at the drag strip but I've seen a few videos looks like there were some pretty fast times.
S13 HY35 - under construction
2FAS240
240sx Wannabe

Re: 2FAS240's build thread New IC/track day 22June2014

Post by 2FAS240 »

a little early model toyota corrola ran an 8.06!!! it was a little death trap of a car!
2FAS240
240sx Wannabe

Re: 2FAS240's build thread

Post by 2FAS240 »

Well I have been pretty bad about posting on the forums the past couple years do to school, work, and deployments but I'm still in the 240 game... as well as a few new projects.

Didn't get the car out much last year but I did upgrade the fan setup and got it tuned again since I was limited by my old intercooler. I made 581HP 523ft lbs of torque on 29lbs of boost. Head started to lift a little bit so we stopped there though.

Does anyone know of any stronger headstuds out there then the ones ARP advertises for the KA?? I'm planning on replacing the head gasket and the studs later this month just to make sure no damage was done when the head lifted.

Most Recent Dyno

New Project :mrgreen: Image
2FAS240
240sx Wannabe

Re: 2FAS240's build thread

Post by 2FAS240 »

Well i can't say I'm the most active member but i always come back haha

Current update - Didn't drive the car much last year because i lifted the head on the dyno eventually got it taken apart and but a new HG in and some new studs still ARP2000 i think i'm going to start prepping another block with bigger studs for when this motor blows. I set up the launch control finally and have tuning appointment in a couple weeks going to most likely leave it at 550, the head lifted at 580 last time on the dyno.

Picked up some wheels & tires for the drag strip finally!

Extra set of used slicks with a little life left on them that came with the wheels and tires above

Current Motor Setup

Moved some gauges around

JimmBooost
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Re: 2FAS240's build thread updated on 10 June 2014

Post by JimmBooost »

2FAS240 wrote:Whoops i do have this picture not the best because i was just showing placement of my speedo re-calibrator

Nice set up man. Curious do you have ABS Diff? I was told that the Dakato Digital SGI-5 Speedo Convert doesn't work with Non ABS and to go with Dakota Digital GPS-50-2.