jeremy242's summer turbo project

This is for all those PICTURE THREADS ONLY. Motor installs, product writeups, showing off your car, put the thread in here.
jeremy242
Dreams of owning a 240!

jeremy242's summer turbo project

Post by jeremy242 »

Well the day has come that i can begin my build. My g/f has left for china for 2 months so i will have her car to go to work and what not. I have just begun breaking the car down. I have already gotten the engine built, it is a sohc bored .20 over withe aries pistons, balanced crank, new stock head internals. Pretty much a basic kind of build. I am going to be using 550cc injecotrs, t3/t04 50 trim turbo, 12psi, n62, tial 38mm, greddy rs, jgs manifold, walbro. I also bought jordan's one off intake manifold but that will go in during stage 2 of my turbo project. Here are some pics of what i got.
engine all wrapped up
right before i lifted her skirt
what i got done in a few hours, need to pick up the lift and get the motor out, she is read to go just got to lift, also took the exhaust off, drained coolant, removed radiator, front bumper, and completely removed the ac.
Parts removed
engine ready to go

The engine that is in the car right now i rebuild 13000 miles ago and is running strong so i am confident that this one will do the same. I am going to be repainting the engine bay and redoing the rear end while i am at it but it should all be done in 2 months.
jeremy242
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by jeremy242 »

Got the engine out this afternoon, got the engine mounted up to my custom engine dolly. I plan on keeping the engine ready with the wiring harness and ecu ready to go back in the car incase something happens. Pics
The custom stand
What i will do is take pics every evening when i am done
z240xs
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by z240xs »

what a wonderful looking car my friend, simply wonderful
boosting it! solving it!
zenki-des
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by zenki-des »

oh **** jeremy the project has begun its jeff from the weds day car meets 98 blacks14
looks like every think should go smoothe g/l
wtf is juice nigga i want that purple stuff
98 240sx t28
264lb/220hp
274/270lb 20g 12psi
z240xs

Post by z240xs »

man i wish i couldve seen that car in person, lucky man
boosting it! solving it!
jeremy242
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by jeremy242 »

Thanks for the comments, i am going to be building a dolly today so that i can wheel the car off to the side so i can bring the other car into the garage at night.
Jordan Gladman
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by Jordan Gladman »

What do you have done to the new motor?
jeremy242
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by jeremy242 »

The engine is just a basic rebuild with the aries 8.8 pistons, new rockers, rockers arms, valves, guilds, balances crank, block has been bored 20 over, magnafluxed, decked. Nothing crazy as this car will be daily, but we will see what ai do io it in the future.
Jordan
By the way i got the manifold today looks great, i might be asking some questions but i will pm you when i think of them.

Well i learned the hard way today that when you build a car dolly you need really strong bolts as i had the car shear a few of the ones i was using and then pancake the dolly, I knew it was going to happen a few seonds before it happened and i got a few jack stands under it but i still ended up destroying one jack stand, oh well one step forward two steps back.
jeremy242
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by jeremy242 »

This is how i left her tonight not much work as it was a case of one step forward and two steps back.

The dolly i built sheared some of the bolts and dropped her on the ground bending one of the jackstands so now i need to buy a new set of those and rethink how i construct the dolly. Oh well, nothing was broken on the car so all is good. I got in my one off manifold today from jordan gladman. I will take pics of it soon and put them up, i am not going to be running it initially but it will go on in the near future.
TumTum
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by TumTum »

wow what a buute... why did you choose the sohc in stead of the dohc? and good luck
KoukiS13driver
240sx Wannabe

Post by KoukiS13driver »

After have tons of 240s ive owned ....all duel cam KA's and one Kouki S14 blacktop SR20DET I bought a 89 coupe all stock and was very pleased modding my single cam and working on it. I have to say after all the **** I have talked on them for past years I have a new respect for it and currently looking into rebuilding it with some boost so we'll see.

And as far as you very cool car, something about your car and the pics you took really does it for me. Well done.
1997 Nissan 240sx (kouki)
1989 Nissan 240sx (coupe)
di-devol

Post by di-devol »

I have an sr in my hatch, It's nothing like the singlecam ka-t. The low end torque from the single cam is so pleasing it's hard to get away from.

Good luck with your build.
SOHC-T: Arias 8.8 Pistons, AMS Sportsman rods w/ ARP rod bolts, Clevite main and rod bearings, Arp main and head studs, Portmatched head, Garrett TO4E 50 trim .60 .63 a/r, Cxracing FMIC-Intercooler piping, Greddy rs bov, Tial 38mm wastegate, Lc-1 WB, Jgs DP, circut sport sr downpipe, CXracing exhaust, O&J stage2 cam, Aem EMS.

Finally 300hp
Josh_300ZXT/240SX
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by Josh_300ZXT/240SX »

Your car is awesome! I love the style you have going with the drop, wheels & aero kit!
R.I.P. Elian Angel Rowley. 05/15/2010-07/22/2010
We will never forget.

BigJ
z240xs

Post by z240xs »

id love to take a trip just to see it

hell i need a vacation
boosting it! solving it!
jeremy242
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by jeremy242 »

Thanks for the replys, i decided to keep the sohc because everyone around me here in orlando has either sr or dohc, and i like to be different. Also it would of cost extra money to sway the wiring harness and other little things to make the other engines work and i am cheap so it was easy to stay with the sohc. That and it is going to feel so good when people start saying "you got an sr in that thing?" and i can say"nope, i got somehting better" Don't get me wrong, the sr is easy power, but i am not trying to be like everyone else, within means.
I am going to be picking up two more casters and getting the dolly done today. I will take pics when it is done. I have been working the past two days so i haven't been able to work on the car as much. Once the dolly is done i can really dive into the paint and rust clean up.
TumTum
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by TumTum »

ok i can dig it... what are your power goals?
2mtx12
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by 2mtx12 »

clean hatch man i want to do about the same set up
jeremy242
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by jeremy242 »

between 300 and 350, we will see what we can get out of it.
jeremy242
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by jeremy242 »

I have been working hard on the car, i have got the engine bay prepped for paint and i have started sparying the rust converter on it. I will get pics when i am done painting. I also got my turbo in yesterday. I will take pics of it tonight as well and post them up.
jeremy242
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by jeremy242 »

Alright i have been working on the car and making progress. The bay is now black and i am starting to put stuff back in. I filled the engine mounts with poly, i got my remanufactured injectors in and the rail mounted, fenders off to pull the harness up, degreased the tranny and bell housing, and ther are some mock up photos of the turbo and wastegate on the engine. There have been a bunch of small hickups but progress is being made. Here are the pics

jeremy242
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by jeremy242 »

Well i have been working on the car but not taking photos. I have the engine in the car and bolted up. I have the intercooler where i want it and i have cut the front bumper to make it fit. I Now need to fit the piping, mount the turbo/wastegate, put the wiring back in, find a place for the oil filter relocation and cooler, put in my walbro and a bunch of other small stuff but getting there. I am also doing a custom das h for the car. Basically i am puttung a piece of fiber board over the gauge cluster and making two side clusters on either side of the main cluster. This way i can mount the gauges cleanly. The dash will also be wrapped when it is all done. Here are the pis

jeremy242
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by jeremy242 »

Got some more work done on it today. I got the intercooler mocked up and mounts made. I am also fitting the pipingand trying to get it as neat as possible. The fron bumper has also been cut. My walbro came in today and i got that put together, i just need to connect the wires. here are the pics

redline240sx

Post by redline240sx »

Wow your hatch looks amazing, veryy clean. Like how your build is comming along
S13 KA-t
Alonso

Post by Alonso »

Don't be scared, run the intake manifold from the beginning! The stock piece is a huge bottle neck
Billet PTE 6765 divided T4, Nismotronic, Speed density, Coil on plug conversion.

AWS D17.1 certified ;)
Follow me on Instagram: @alonso240
Josh_300ZXT/240SX
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by Josh_300ZXT/240SX »

Looking great bro!
R.I.P. Elian Angel Rowley. 05/15/2010-07/22/2010
We will never forget.

BigJ
jeremy242
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by jeremy242 »

Got some pics, not much change just that i have the wiring harness on and the dash wrapped

beercandrifter
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by beercandrifter »

is that the green fake golf grass type fabric or just felt? looks nice =)
91 240sx Hatch: HomeBrwd
25psi hx35/8.8:1/264^2 cams/95lb injectors/Megasquirt 2/ka24de build **RIP**
T56/4.8 LSx/LS9 Cam/60lb injectors/comp 918 springs/Megasquirt 3/all custom wiring
Unbound Yuurei

Post by Unbound Yuurei »

beercandrifter wrote:is that the green fake golf grass type fabric or just felt? looks nice =)
what ever it is, ITS HOT! man i'm thinking of wrapping my dash and have that custom gauge mounts
jeremy242
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by jeremy242 »

it is green felt, i don't know if i like the dash that much, i am going to try and get it in the car tonight and see how it looks there. If i don't like it that dash was really messed up before i did anything to it.
jeremy242
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by jeremy242 »

Well i got the oil cooler set up and the dash in. The only thing left to do is cut the holes for the intercooler pipes and build the outlet pipe for the turbo. Here are some pics. I am in the bahamas for a few days so no work will be done.