rotrex supercharger build...resurrected

This is for all those PICTURE THREADS ONLY. Motor installs, product writeups, showing off your car, put the thread in here.
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Kamilitaryman »

KA4LIFE wrote:all measurements were taken care of by the builder. I have a 1 piece drive shaft so it cant be the bearing. Yupper that was i that bought the plate. I love it and i already got some good compliments from it. Im kind of over the vibration issue. i got someone else to take a look at it and some of the noise is coming from the supercharger bracket vibrating unnecessarily. I need to get some bracing welded up to it then hopefully that will fix most of it.
I am not sure if I missed it or not but, did the builder/shop balance your rotating assembly? Was the flywheel balanced with the crank?

I used the SPEC LW flywheel in my build. I had the shop balance the crank with that flywheel on. They knew I was going to be revving the piss out of this thing.

But if you're saying that there is a noise you can hear then it's probably the bracket like you said. Either way, I hope that's what it is! God, I can't wait to see this thing in action.
PM me if you're interested in getting something powder coated!
Liteemup39496
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by Liteemup39496 »

Jordan Gladman wrote:Haha, love the cooling plate. So suiting, didnt realize you were the one that bought it!
i got the same one from you last year. glad to see the trend picking up steam
'89 KAe-T Coupe - on the road to a goal of 400whp with A/C
'91 Hatch - VH45 powered, track duty
'05 Titan - I/H/E VK56 - Tow rig and Daily
Single Jingle love
KA4LIFE

Post by KA4LIFE »

Well bad news. My break in did exactly that broke my motor in 500 miles. Apparently all my issues were caused by a severe case of crankwalk. Bearings and crank are fried. Do i stay in the game or just cut my losses? I would need to pick up another motor get it all machined again, make sure my rods and pistons are ok if not buy new ones, slap it together yet again and hope there are no more issues. What the f@#k is crankwalk!!!! Im so pissed right now. to top it off just ordered 2k worth of gauges and s@#t the morning before it became undrivable. FML

Soon to be KA24ER!
Jus14

Post by Jus14 »

did it start knocking for you to figure it out or what happened there? man that sucks its possible that youll just need rods trued and new crank and bearings and be fine but thats looking at the bright side...good luck keep this thing going you have to much time in it
Zip Tie Racing
www.NissanNation.com
Liteemup39496

Post by Liteemup39496 »

so what happened dude, you get this bad boy alive again?
Single Jingle love
KA4LIFE

Post by KA4LIFE »

Its along story but yeah i have another single cam being built as we speak. Believe me when i tell you this thing will work sooner or later. I have way too much sunk into it to give up now. I will update when i actually have something to show.
Soon to be KA24ER!
crazys14
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by crazys14 »

wow that's the first walking i've seen on a ka... i wonder what happened something wasnt in spec.. did you have a bent rod anywhere?
KA4LIFE

Post by KA4LIFE »

im clueless as well, no bent rods. I actually had them checked out and am going to reuse them. The pistons were trashed. Something must have been out of spec but whatever, whats done is done. It is the first time ive heard of someone walking a ka as well. guess there is a first time for everything. i have to send my charger back to kraftwerks to get the pulley swapped so that is next on the list. hopefully i can do it all before the cold gets here. even if i just finish the swap then store it for the winter. at least it will be ready for round 2 in the spring.
Soon to be KA24ER!
zlatsky
240sx Wannabe

Post by zlatsky »

crazys14 wrote:wow that's the first walking i've seen on a ka... ?
same.

that sucks to hear man. hopefully you can the thing going again soon.
KA4LIFE

Post by KA4LIFE »

im pickingup my new shortblock tomorrow. hopefuly i can get it up and running soon. we shall see
Soon to be KA24ER!
DjayS12

Post by DjayS12 »

zombie revival post!

I've been looking at some rotrex supercharger lately, and I was wondering if you are back in the game or if you have gave up on this project.
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Kamilitaryman »

DjayS12 wrote:zombie revival post!

I've been looking at some rotrex supercharger lately, and I was wondering if you are back in the game or if you have gave up on this project.
I was thinking about this thread the other day myself. I want to see a Rotrex KA in action.
Liteemup39496

Post by Liteemup39496 »

me 3x i know he is near englishtown nj, i hope to see this car running this year
Single Jingle love
KA4LIFE

Post by KA4LIFE »

Sorry guys but its still not up and runnig yet. I havent given up i just needed some time to save up some money. I have to order new piston rings and get the motor dropped off at the machinist. Which will happen as soon as my new rings get delivered.

Currently im in a bit of a pickle because im trying to figure out if i should track one of my 240's or not. I have the white 240 which is on the road with a stock de and a shell that i might turn into a track whore. I have never been on a track before and im kind of hesitant to start a project as big as building a track car.

Im more or less asking the people that started tracking there cars where they started? Im not really down for taking my DD out to a a open drift night or something and royaly screwing it up somehow ex. blown motor, crash ect ect. So how do i go about getting into the scene and should i build a more or less track only car just to start racing or should i just slap some ish together just so i have a car to track then go from there.

Its funny because ive researched my 240 so much that i know mostly everything i need to about it and now that i want to start tracking its like im starting all over again. There is so much i need/want to learn now that i want to move from just driving to tracking its crazy.
Soon to be KA24ER!
mattheripper

Post by mattheripper »

Sick! was such a clean looking ka-e. I'll always thought the single slammers were super cool looking, and they intake plenum design is way cooler looking. Style. Cheer up:)
sdaigle240
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by sdaigle240 »

Ive been on a road course before.
My personal opinion, respected or not, drifting is less abusive. Much less. 45 second slide sessions are not only 100 times mOre fun, but significantly cheaper and less abusive. Theres less load on the motor, no wear on pads and using used tires for practically free beats 900$ tires and 150$ pads. I really don't think I'm bias. I resisted drifting for years, "I'm a grip guy". **** grip have a try at fun mOtor sports. The community alone is amazing. I've had Ryan turek give me pointers at a local event, nasty dudes in my passenger seat, grilling, chilling, post game beers with bosses. I'm in love.
airman wrote:I'm all about spreadsheets. Bitches love spreadsheets.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
hy35 18psi Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=38784
RIP MJL best friend of 20 years and the man who showed me 240s
mattheripper

Post by mattheripper »

I think I'm I love with you and everything you said.
xpinoyxmk

Post by xpinoyxmk »

Like sdaigle240 said, road racing puts so much more stress on your motor/car. My friend cracked his $500 mani in his 3rd 5 minute session.

I like both and will probably compete in both once my car is back up and running again. Although i do get more of a rush from drifting, dont know why, just feels so much better drifting.

If you do get into drifting, practice practice practice. Go out and find a empty parking lot away from the public so there are no distractions or popo(usually if they figure your doing it safely and not endangering other people, they wont bother you) and hit events as many times as you can. Seat time will make you better no matter how much advice you get.
KA4LIFE

Post by KA4LIFE »

xpinoyxmk wrote:Go out and find a empty parking lot away from the public so there are no distractions or popo(usually if they figure your doing it safely and not endangering other people, they wont bother you
Clearly you arent too familiar with shore/central jersey. There may be a couple of spots to do this for an hour or 2 but you will get busted. I cant afford any more points on my license so this is completely out of the question.

Drifting may be less abuse just dont put your DD into a wall. But i guess you run that risk no matter what kind of tracking you do.

I made up my mind to finish the motor and get my DD mostly track ready(no cage yet). Im currently gathering parts for my rear s14 subframe swap and dual caliper hydro e brake setup. Im also going to get a new set of coils to get rid of the megans. Then i will work on getting the front suspension track ready.

Im going to start going to more local events and figure out what i need safety wise to actually get some track time. (harness bar/harness/roll bar ect) I already have a sparco seat but need to get that welded in properly, so that is on the list as well.
Soon to be KA24ER!
KA4LIFE

Post by KA4LIFE »

Hey guys. I know its been a while, almost a year exactly but im back at it again. I have a new fully built motor ready to go. I sold my 93 240 as a shell to a friend with a rb25 and that motivated me to get my 89 out of the garage and fix her up. Currently im working on tubing the front end and getting it ready for paint. Ill keep this updated as much as necessary. As she sits

Soon to be KA24ER!
Liteemup39496

Post by Liteemup39496 »

this is awesome, so glad you decided to revive the project.
we need more single jingles out there. my forged build is almost done
Single Jingle love
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Kamilitaryman »

Sweet man! Are you still going the Rotrex SC route :)
KA4LIFE

Post by KA4LIFE »

Indeed im still going with the rotrex. Im re-thinking my bracket and tensioner setup but im still going to use it.
Soon to be KA24ER!