Mansalad S13

This is for all those PICTURE THREADS ONLY. Motor installs, product writeups, showing off your car, put the thread in here.
eDmSiL80
240sx Wannabe

Mansalad S13

Post by eDmSiL80 »

The title is just a name ive heard cause of my last name (manansala) hahah. So i decided to redo a thread because im no longer with half the shops i dealt with before. Now i mostly do it on my own and with friends and sponsors that help me along the way.

Last year i had the ka-t setup going but electrical side of it just didn't work in my favor. So i decided to run an sr for some of the season. Did OK but my car was lacking in every aspect.

here's what it was before

and now

but now is the off season and i just started cracking down to rebuild the car. heres what ive gone up to so far.

i plan to go back to the dark side and run my ka-t. Im gonna use a stock engine harness this time, and run with a jwt ecu. and eventually use a z32/3 trans.

Sorry if drifting doesn't interest u cause i dont make wads of power but i like it 8)

here's a vid from last year.

http://vimeo.com/17114412
Initial Daniel
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by Initial Daniel »

Looks like you've already got a great foundation for your build. Drifting looks fun.

Keep us posted. :D
eDmSiL80
240sx Wannabe

Post by eDmSiL80 »

thanks! will do.

im actually relocating about 20 mins from my house to a bigger shop me and my buddies are pitching in for. So itll be stationary there and the rest of the build will happen there. the shop isn't pretty but itll hold all the stuff we need.
esahuque

Post by esahuque »

nice setup. lookin good. Drifting is lame though
TryingToTurbo
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by TryingToTurbo »

esahuque wrote:nice setup. lookin good. Drifting is lame though
Dude, your signature pic is sooooo small. What is it exactly ? :lol:
Built KA24DE: Wiseco 9.0:1 | Eagle H Beams | ARP Head & Main Studs | BC 272s & Springs | Supertech Valves
Boost Source: Under Construction

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
240KA
240sx Wannabe

Post by 240KA »

wish it was a coupe, but doesnt look too bad. GL
turbonola
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by turbonola »

esahuque wrote:nice setup. lookin good. Drifting is lame though
you're right, setup is tits but who still drifts? :lol:
11.65@118 1.64 60ft
eDmSiL80
240sx Wannabe

Post by eDmSiL80 »

only dem redneck hooksliderz i reckon LOL :lol:

i just moved my car to a new shop, with me and my brother's buddies pitched in for. its 1900sq ft for $500 a month. Should be real good times. I should be crackin on the car within this week. Meanwhile, check these for some boring left turns.

http://vimeo.com/5581111

http://vimeo.com/6464905

its a 400hp 1jz s14 i drove a lil bit
turbonola
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by turbonola »

thats some nice driftin you did there.
11.65@118 1.64 60ft
Structure240sx
KA-T.org Featured Ride
KA-T.org Featured Ride

Post by Structure240sx »

been a while bud good to see you are still in the game. ill be back soon
Turbo24sxt
Forum Moderator

Post by Turbo24sxt »

Structure240sx wrote:been a while bud good to see you are still in the game. ill be back soon
liar!
Anthony
***Nate Moore 480sx R.I.P ***
***Will NEVER be Forgotten***
Build Thread
viewtopic.php?t=15023&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Structure240sx
KA-T.org Featured Ride
KA-T.org Featured Ride

Post by Structure240sx »

been waiting on my friends turbo s14 that he hasnt gotten out of the garage yet or found the title. almost bought an s13 today but its going to have to go to my buddy whos strut tower almost caved in.

im finally in a position to get back into it i promise only my 11sec car this time will cost a little less than the last.. so love experience
eDmSiL80
240sx Wannabe

Post by eDmSiL80 »

nice dude, been a long time hahah. hope to see u rippin and having fun again soon.

i started wire wheeling the engine bay today, not so much fun. Tomorrow ill put more hours in and do some work. 8)
eDmSiL80
240sx Wannabe

Post by eDmSiL80 »

quick update...i recently got a steroid shot in my back due to tearing a muscle and ligament before thanksgiving. And dam did that needle suck! I did as much as i could physically, but thankfully my brother and buddies have been hacking away at the car.

this was a few nights ago

and this of last night

decided to go midmount, to save the intercooler and such. My buddy kenny who does bodywork was able to rework my rad support and fix it from my previous crash. We were thinking of tubing it all and such, but we wanna keep it simple. Hopefully in a couple weeks when my backs better i can start helping out and get this together. Need to make a parts list from vibrant and gather more parts.
driftfiend
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by driftfiend »

niice build kid..i remember seein your car at pride performance a while back,,keep up the good work
eDmSiL80
240sx Wannabe

Post by eDmSiL80 »

late update..did just about all the paint work. I must say, i hate prepping for paint. i wish i had a sand blaster and paint gun to make this go by easier and cleaner. Rattle cans and wire wheels take too long.

Other then that, i put the subframe back in after this and dropped the motor in for mockup and such. But just about everything is ready to go back in. I have to re-order rear pbm bushings cause i f'ed up a money order. Still got a bit to go so i gotta hussle my ass cause the season is around the corner.

Another big reason, i recently got off the phone with Clark from JWT and it seems he will be sponsoring me on his sweet parts for this season 8) (Big thanks to Mike Kojima for the help) Im super stoked and the guys at JWT are very knowledgeable. And hopefully within the season i can run their head parts and see where else they plan to push for the ka.

And to put the icing on the cake. I will be goin on tour with the full tilt poker team this year for the 2011 Formula D season. I am joining up with team bergenholtz again, as i did some internship for him last year but fell short due to funds. But this year i will attending all 7 events. I pretty excited for that as well. Since this year judging will be more about style, more upcoming drivers and teams will be rising. Learning the fundamentals of running a budget based race team, and just being around drifting over all will lengthen my experience this year.

http://www.bergenholtzracing.com/

im gonna be a busy guy this summer, especially with all these events going like wildfire along the east. :)
eDmSiL80
240sx Wannabe

Post by eDmSiL80 »

and i picked this beast up for a steal along with a open trailer to tow me around.

its a 4 speed, so far i loveeee it 8) Makes me feel all sorts of redneck haha

DEEPfrom1
240sx Wannabe

Post by DEEPfrom1 »

Lookin good, where did you get the gold heat foil from?
Do work and let work do.
joe62890
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by joe62890 »

Looks good. Love the redneck truck.
eDmSiL80
240sx Wannabe

Post by eDmSiL80 »

yeaa boy. i tell u wut, its got stackers and even came with a country cd lol true story!

as for the foil, it is from DEI. They carry a lot of good stuff. http://www.designengineering.com/
eazye2000
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by eazye2000 »

+1 for DEI. I get as much of their stuff as I can. Reasonably priced, and very good quality.

The build is looking good. I should be further ahead with my build, but I'm not... lol
crazypete59
240sx Wannabe

Post by crazypete59 »

looking nice
eDmSiL80
240sx Wannabe

Post by eDmSiL80 »

yea im not as far as i planned on the build lol. I had to move outta my house this week. But this weekend ill be in the shop so ill i get it movin. Really just waitin on parts to get it here as well.
TanManS14
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by TanManS14 »

Why no more 1jz? Something happen to the S14? Lookin good, what turbo do you plan on going with?
It's always broken.
eDmSiL80
240sx Wannabe

Post by eDmSiL80 »

that whole ordeal went down in flames. its hard to find good people, specially in this world. So im just gona do it on my own n work with what i got. I still have the same ams gt33 on here.
eDmSiL80
240sx Wannabe

Post by eDmSiL80 »

alright. i got some questions for you guys. Their pretty noobish so please, bare with me lol.

i ordered 2.5 inch 90 degrees for my intercooler mid mount setup. WIll this effect the flow or the motor? My piping size is the same.

my motor has sat for a bit, i took apart the exhaust side and clumps of brown rusty residue came out the back of my turbo. and some within the manifold ports. and exhaust ports as well. this anything to be aware of?

and lastly, where do half of the plugs on the back of the top half of the intake manifold hook up too?

sorry i have no pics, i forgot my camera at the shop. tomo i shall have some tho. thanks. (flame suit on)
eDmSiL80
240sx Wannabe

Post by eDmSiL80 »

check out my blog for the updates n cool stuff comin in

http://www.manansalaracing.com/
zenki-des

Post by zenki-des »

is that a Chicago welder from harbor freight or a miller i cant tell and does that allow you to run the inert gases
wtf is juice nigga i want that purple stuff
98 240sx t28
264lb/220hp
274/270lb 20g 12psi
Theo23
240sx Wannabe

Post by Theo23 »

I'm not a pro by any means, but the 2.5" piping should give you better response time with that turbo. As for the rust coming out of the turbo.. pics would help but you need to disassemble, clean and inspect it completely. Same with the rest of the parts that have rust coming out of them, heh.

Awesome driving tho. Nice lock to lock skills, good control!
eDmSiL80
240sx Wannabe

Post by eDmSiL80 »

zenki yea its a harbor freight welder. My brother got it for during christmas. Not wat i wanted but it does the job. I plan to upgrade when i get more into fabrication.

theo my buddy said it wouldn't hurt it too bad. but a faster response would be pretty sweet lol. By the looks of the turbo it seems fine. I think the rusted shavings came from the manifold. But im gona have my friend check it out before i put it back on.