Engine bay paint

This is for all those PICTURE THREADS ONLY. Motor installs, product writeups, showing off your car, put the thread in here.
Nissans4life
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Engine bay paint

Post by Nissans4life »

So ive spent a couple minutes on the search bar didnt come up with too much, basically what im trying to find is the factory engine bay color. I primed the bay already and tried a little bit of flash red in a duplicolor rattlecan and its wayy too bright, not sure if i should just base coat it with aH3 my exterior color or what anyone run into this? Pics and info would greatly be appreciated thanks
--------------------------------

ka-t,s15bb,dw550's,efi tune..
aaronlee97
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by aaronlee97 »

Factory engine bay color corresponds to the color of the rest of the car if I recall correctly. I remember that all of mine were that way.
Nissans4life

Post by Nissans4life »

Its always looked a little different to me maybe just from heat and fading and grime..i work with a guy who restores cars he said its usually a different color and he sent me to a place but i had no luck apparently japanese colors are weird idk. Worse comes to worse i do the exterior color im ocd with this kinda stuff even went far as caulking the shock towers after repairing the rot lol..
--------------------------------

ka-t,s15bb,dw550's,efi tune..
silviaks2nr
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by silviaks2nr »

it's not usually a different color but it is a different more durable type of paint. I would strip off what you have already sprayed and start fresh. 2k primer and single stage red urethane that corresponds to your exterior paint code.
98 240sx 5spd
madd ocx

Post by madd ocx »

i think its the same.. the engine bay paint just doesnt have as much clear coat and shine as the exterior cause it doesnt need it being that it not really affected by the weather and such..
ka-t greddy 20g, enthalpy ecu, 440 injectors, ngk plugs and wires, bc v2 cams, megan catback, custom downpipe, godspeed fmic, safc 2, koyo rad, nismo thermostat, aem wideband, autometer phantom boost gauge, fidanza flywheel, spec stage 3+ clutch,j30 diff,n60 maf running 8psi!!
body80
240sx Wannabe

Post by body80 »

I always paint my engine a satin black. I notice on my pathfinder thats what nissan does.
Here's the paint
http://www.eastwood.com/extreme-chasis- ... h-set.html

I'm planning on painting the body a Daytona Blue.
Jeff