Her name is Dotsie

This is for all those PICTURE THREADS ONLY. Motor installs, product writeups, showing off your car, put the thread in here.
k12ispl
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Her name is Dotsie

Post by k12ispl »

Hello there,

This is going to be my first ever build thread, ive been on this forum for some years now and its mostly scanning through and reading rather then posting, mostly because i stay busy throughout the day, here is a little info about me and Dotsie, name is Kris, live in Tennessee, i own a auto repair shop called InterCar Diagnostics and Repair, we mostly specialize in European cars but im a huge Nissan fan so here i am, Ive owned one 240sx before and ive had the current one for over a year but just registered last month, but well get to that later, here is Dotsie, Its a 1969 Datsun 1600 Conv. Rescued her from my buddy's ex-wife since she was planning to junk it, car sat for well over 3 years underneath a tree without a cover on it so its in rough shape ... but in one piece :D Here is how she looked when i first brought her to the shop ...

After a quick wash with dish soap and water ..

So of course first came the cleaning and rust removal, and lots of it .. holy **** was there a lot of rust, whole interior is trash, only a few pieces are reusable.

some pieces that were found

amount of rust the car left just from sitting and being vacuumed lol

Since then i decided to tear into the interior pull the seats ... more like rip the seats out with the floor panels ! i felt like hulk doing that 8) and get a few things out of the way so we can separate the body from the frame ..

Thats all the pictures for now, rest are being uploaded to photobucket, i will continue later today and let you guys know what are my plans .. time to get back to work
1993 240sx Coupe 5 Speed
*'91 Ka Rebuild w/ stock internals
*Stage 1 clutch
*Lightweight Flywheel
^July'12-Traded for a '03 zx6r 636

1969 Datsun 1600 Roadster Build
viewtopic.php?t=52915
www.intercarofknoxville.com
myowncasualty

Post by myowncasualty »

I want a datsun roadster so badly. They dont come up for sale very often here. Anyways good luck, its more work than I would feel comfortable taking on
95 240sx ka-t > SOLD
08 Evo X MR > New daily/ fun
airman
KA-T.org OWNER

Post by airman »

Oh man, this is gonna be good. Was that moss growing in the floor? Lol.

You've got a long road ahead of you but you're off to a good start! What are you planning on running in it, a Ka-t? :D
k12ispl

Post by k12ispl »

myowncasualty wrote:I want a datsun roadster so badly. They dont come up for sale very often here. Anyways good luck, its more work than I would feel comfortable taking on

To be honest ive never seen these 1600's in person and when i went out to see it i was amazed, its a lot of work, ive been at it for about 4 full days now and body is starting to take shape again lol, and yes Airman there was moss growing in there haha, and yes i am planning to swap the KA that is in my 240 and ill be building a motor for the 240 ... MOAR Pics soon
1993 240sx Coupe 5 Speed
*Stage 1 clutch
*Lightweight Flywheel

viewtopic.php?t=52915
k12ispl

Post by k12ispl »

MOVING ON !

so after some cleaning up that needed to be done me and my dad decided to separate the frame from the body, overall it took us about 30-45 to break loose 8 bolts that hold them together .... oh and theres my 240 in the back :)

im sure most of you heard about the tornado that hit us few weeks ago well i was actually in the shop working on my girls benz and i thought hell was coming down on earth, it sounded like i was standing 10 feet away from a train ... and all my cars were hit lol none were registered or insured at time so yea ... heres a few pics that i took few minutes after the storm ..

so the strip down continues, radiator, alternator, wiring, fenders etc etc .....

here she goes !

mhmmmmmmmm rust :D

After the body came of we set it on a transmission jack and since then its been sitting there and getting its rust taken care of, the frame was pressure washed and had its 2 rust spots removed as well and had plates welded in, overall the frame is in great shape for its age, wish i could say same for the body.... more pikczors

Did i mention how small the fuel tank is ??? lol

I KNEW I SMELLED BACON !!!

j.k i love the popo ... not

here is me hard at work, this was taken the first day of starting on the body work

Thats gone be all for now, i will try to keep u guys updated, and soon i will post up a thread about my 240sx .. fo sho
1993 240sx Coupe 5 Speed
*Stage 1 clutch
*Lightweight Flywheel

viewtopic.php?t=52915
NateDogg
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by NateDogg »

This project is good karma.

Well done . Keep it up!
'91 S13
Built, balanced KA-T
schmauster920
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by schmauster920 »

Sweet project, ill be lurking

You should be happy about the rust, its all weight reduction!
D21, Built KA24DE, 740cc, T4, WeatherGuard Tool Box, Tial 40mm, Megasquirt 3 in progress
SLOCAMRY
Learners Permit

Post by SLOCAMRY »

wow. nice project man. I hope to restore a Datsun, one day.....
kaion1000
240sx Wannabe

Post by kaion1000 »

Looks awesome! Those cars are incredible, and weigh nothing.

You should check out this build thread from 240sxONE.

http://forums.240sxone.com/showthread.p ... ght=ratsun

Similar build, but with an SR. Came out AMAZING!

GOOD LUCK!
silviaks2nr

Post by silviaks2nr »

This is one heck of a project. I'm surprised you aren't going to media/soda blast the body considering the shape it's in.
98 240sx 5spd
Jmcc
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Jmcc »

damn man i miss my brother datsun 1600. i used to love driving that car around.

good luck with the build. i know its gunna come out lookin good.
k12ispl

Post by k12ispl »

as i sit here drinking my becks i though i would give you guys a little update on Dotsie, as of about a month ago i put the body back on the frame, i found a guy that has the same one and he cut it into pieces to part it out, so next year im making a little road trip to pick up most of the parts he has left over so i can mostly finish her to a point where she is driveable, ive done some thinking and ive decided to drop a KA into it and ill keep the stock motor and all the components around and when i decide to get rid of it ill swap the stock motor and all the crap with it before i sell it ... which most likely wont be soon, all i have left over is the KA swap, welding in floor panels, painting the car, having a soft top made, getting a hard top, roll cage perhaps ???? and overall finishing the interior (all of it) so i still have a lot to do and a lot of money to spend. At this point i do have a stock KA that is torn apart from my 240, has around 180K and it spun a bearing, i do need a crankshaft for it and what im planning to do is, getting a crank, head and block going to machine shop for cleaning resurfacing (w/ front cover) getting crank taken care of, if the funds allow me to i will rebuild it with new rods and pistons and what now, once the motor is finished i will drop it in and drive it for a bit and just wait for the boost bug to bite me "again" (i was going to boost my s13 but i rather get an s14 or a zx6r) I will post more pics soon, even though ive been staying pretty busy at work the holiday and winter season is here, that means work will slow down for about a month and a half, which i believe should be enough time to get her to a point where i can drive it this summer. Thanks for following my post and ill keep you guys updated as the project moves along.

P.S.
If anyone knows anybody with parts for this car please let me know, Thanks.
1993 240sx Coupe 5 Speed
*Stage 1 clutch
*Lightweight Flywheel

viewtopic.php?t=52915
Walperstyle
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by Walperstyle »

ratsun.net might have some owners that can help you, but this car is older then most of the stuff they have.
infinitedrift
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by infinitedrift »

nice build in the making!
driftfiend
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by driftfiend »

looking good
driftfiend
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by driftfiend »

looking good
1993ka24det

Post by 1993ka24det »

I'm surprised you didn't call it Oliver or Oliver's cousin from Hammond's car from Top Gear
When Cornered, What G's Can You Pull
JankiS13
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by JankiS13 »

I worked on one of hose a while ago. Had to do a ton of frame repair and body repair just like that one. Hope you're good at welding.
Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
Southern620
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by Southern620 »

I love Datsun roadsters. Are you a member of ratsun.net? Could be a food resource for finding parts or knowledge if needed. Just a thought. Good luck on the build man.
c_mancuyas8

Post by c_mancuyas8 »

Oh I cant wait to see progress on this! GL with build sir!
nismoka24et
Learners Permit

Post by nismoka24et »

very nice build. cant wait to see the finished product