official build thread

This is for all those PICTURE THREADS ONLY. Motor installs, product writeups, showing off your car, put the thread in here.
Turbo24sxt
Forum Moderator

Post by Turbo24sxt »

done yet?
Anthony
***Nate Moore 480sx R.I.P ***
***Will NEVER be Forgotten***
Build Thread
viewtopic.php?t=15023&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Turbo24sxt
Forum Moderator

Post by Turbo24sxt »

yeah boy good to see .... get to work ...
Anthony
***Nate Moore 480sx R.I.P ***
***Will NEVER be Forgotten***
Build Thread
viewtopic.php?t=15023&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
1991240sxhatch
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by 1991240sxhatch »

god i wish i had the monies for that baller clutch set up :cry:
DC47A
240sx Wannabe

Post by DC47A »

Speaking of that clutch and Flywheel what company is that and how do you like it? I am going to need more clamping force for my build and not sure of the best option for the nissan market.
1991240sxhatch

Post by 1991240sxhatch »

that would be a spec mini twin
DC47A
240sx Wannabe

Post by DC47A »

Any updates or progress?
DC47A
240sx Wannabe

Post by DC47A »

Killer Man! Cant wait.
Walperstyle
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by Walperstyle »

I have the odd feeling that this car is going to have an unveiling greater then anything we can possibly imagine.
Legit6MT
240sx Wannabe

Post by Legit6MT »

what size fitting is on your PCV box? And how do you plan to route it? JW cuz my motors apart right now so im cleaning up a few things
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

Walperstyle wrote:I have the odd feeling that this car is going to have an unveiling greater then anything we can possibly imagine.
It has the potential to be one of the nicest looking 240's out there (for the style that I like) but I wish he would get rid of the Ka and get an engine that can make power capable of running with the cars that are down there. :P

-tinyt bench racing opinions at their finest-
turbonola
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by turbonola »

kedbmx wrote:
TinyT wrote:
Walperstyle wrote:I have the odd feeling that this car is going to have an unveiling greater then anything we can possibly imagine.
It has the potential to be one of the nicest looking 240's out there (for the style that I like) but I wish he would get rid of the Ka and get an engine that can make power capable of running with the cars that are down there. :P

-tinyt bench racing opinions at their finest-
LOL this is my daily so its staying ka powered with all the creature comforts. I have the shop car that I'm building to run with the big boys. Twin turbo 5.0 coyote in an s13. :twisted:
talk about wolf in sheeps clothing huh.
11.65@118 1.64 60ft
TheOne

Post by TheOne »

i would not mind seeing a coyote 5.0 in a 240sx, those motors are proving their worth. 11:1 comp ratio and boost have gotten some of those 700+rwhp stock bottom end.(and some e85 of course).

the ka has the potential to keep up with some high hp cars!(up to a 1000rwhp....not sure past that)
Walperstyle

Post by Walperstyle »

I have a spair 93 ford F250 truck with a 5.0 EFI engine... I have often thought of swapping, considering a lot of guys are finding out that the Ford engine swaps in easier then the LS engine.

It wouldn't be that hard for me to do. I could use the AEM series two and GT35R I already have, its just a matter of building pipes and making a wire harness and driveshaft. humm...thinking.

I've sat in a 450hp NA 5.0 before. I was impressed. I can only imagine a super/turbo setup...
turbonola
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by turbonola »

damn thats gonna be crazy man
11.65@118 1.64 60ft
Legit6MT
240sx Wannabe

Post by Legit6MT »

kedbmx wrote:
Legit6MT wrote:what size fitting is on your PCV box? And how do you plan to route it? JW cuz my motors apart right now so im cleaning up a few things
Its a -10an fitting. I have one on my valve cover as well. Both will run to a custom catch can I made. And from the catch can to a slash cut fitting on the down pipe to work like a vacuum pump.
Where did you get -10 with 3/8npt threads. I think thats what the pcv box is, i can't quite remember. I was also considering the same thing, seen a lot of supra guys do it. Moroso makes a kit i believe, and it has check valve installed so that you don't pressurize the system instead. I hear that it needs to be perfectly aligned at a certain angle for it work.
RosadoRacing
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by RosadoRacing »

do you run the bottom of the catch can to the downpipe? I made a plate and put a -8 fitting in the middle, removed the pcv and put the plate there. I also put a fitting in the valve cover and ran both lines to the catch can seems to be running good so far i dnt c why your running the catch can to the downpipe.
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

RosadoRacing wrote:i dnt c why your running the catch can to the downpipe.
System working.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGrx2rvIxJ0

Also, good crankcase ventilation systems need to suck out pressure when WOT. Putting it on the brake booster check valve or any check valve will only suck when vacuum is seen. Most people do not want to hook up a pipe pre turbo because it looks ugly. Alternatively, the system ked has is really the best for people who want to show a pretty turbo. I am going this route as well.
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

kedbmx wrote:The only reason I'm running the catch can is to evacuate crank case pressure and hopefully get some vacuum in the crank case during wide open throttle which equals power. Not for blow by or aesthetic purposes.
Most definitely!
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

supakat wrote:Most people do not want to hook up a pipe pre turbo because it looks ugly.
Anything can be made to look good if you do it right. A tube under the intake pipe could probably be hidden rather easily. The main reason most people don't run the pcv to pre-turbo is because there really isn't any vacuum between the turbo and air filter because there is no restriction.

Also, I thought I remembered someone on here trying the slash cut in the downpipe and it didn't create any vacuum. I'm not saying I know a lot about this or have experienced it myself. That's just the impression I got from a few people on here. I know that how free flowing the exhaust is has a lot to do with how well this type of system works. So, maybe that was his issue
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
TanManS14

Post by TanManS14 »

Here's a decent thread that compares all the different evac methods. As his test was through the waste gate tube, which id imagine would create less draw, i think better results could be had routing it through the downpipe from the higher pressure differential. v8 guys have seen as much as 40whp over VTA. The further down the downpipe the higher the vacuum.
http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t= ... haust+test

Either way, a check valve needs to be ran inline for sure as you're going to see sporadic moments of positive pressure at idle.You can definitely see some power gains if you're running a lot of boost, I would probably try and run as big of an angle as i could so long as it was baffled where ur getting pcv from. Maybe its not too bad on the ka, but i imagine having if in the wrong spot might suck some oil outa the head lol.

Ps. The reason i wouldnt want my pcv recirced to the intake is to save my turbo, and all my piping from getting coated in oil!
It's always broken.