Adam's formerly supercharged... now soon-to-be-turbo'd, S14

This is for all those PICTURE THREADS ONLY. Motor installs, product writeups, showing off your car, put the thread in here.
zlatsky
240sx Wannabe

Post by zlatsky »

looking forward to dyno results.
c_mancuyas8
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by c_mancuyas8 »

That bay looks sexy!
Silviadream87

Post by Silviadream87 »

Damn that sounds sexy, makes me want to sell my turbo kit and supercharge mine.
Always make sure the juice is worth the squeeze!!

91 240sx turbo-first rwd and loving it
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

Thanks! I do not have dyno numbers yet, but I did hit the 1/8 mile track today. It was the last day of the season. I was a little disappointed as I was hoping to run mid to high 8's. I ended up with a best of 9.1 @ 79 mph with a 2.0 60ft. With better tires and E85, I hope to hit 8's next year.

Here's the video of my best run of the day, 9.1@79: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=medlNpKjMTI

And here's a 9.2 @79 with a 2.1 60ft: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYTIQJIo-iw
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
blacks13coupe
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by blacks13coupe »

Dang I think I was hitting 9.1 with 2.0 60 fts also. Get it in the 8's already!
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

Yeah. Your car weighs about 100 lbs or so less than mine, but I still would have thought I would have done at least high 8's. I'm switching to E85 this weekend, and I hope to hit the dyno soon. If switching to E85 doesn't give me the extra power I need to hit high 8's, I'm switching to turbo!

Here's a video of one of those runs in-car with my GoPro Hero2 (1080p): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm5hLJaovEw
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
digotti
240sx Wannabe

Post by digotti »

That is looking good man! Can't wait to see the numbers
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

I decided not to switch to E85 yet because winter is around the corner and I won't be able to enjoy it anyways.

This weekend I installed my Kenne Bell Boost a spark. However, it's not working correctly so I have to contact them and see about sending it back. It isn't increasing the voltage like it is supposed to. I was actually able to get 16 volt output yesterday. Then today I check it andf I'm only getting 14.2 volts. WTF? :?

I also finally replaced my power steering reservoir with a brand new OEM one. It's been bugging me that it was the only thing in my engine bay that looked old and dirty:

adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

Fixed my issue with the Boost a Spark. I had to bypass the adjustment knob by just connecting the two wires together. Now I get 17.4 volts to the coil. I'm running a .050" gap on BKR7E's with no issues.

I also had the car aligned and corner balanced yesterday. The bad news is that my car is heavier than I thought. With 160lbs of ballast in the driver's seat, the total weight was 3145 lbs. That's with all fluids filled in the car, including the water meth tank. I know the extra weight is due to my Stereo system with amp and 12" sub/box, battery relocated to the trunk, and the 2.5 gallon water/meth tank. The only good news is that most of the added weight is in the trunk, so I have an almost perfect 50/50 weight distribution now.
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

Nice. I want a boost a spark now.
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
Freise

Post by Freise »

Your car is beautiful, hearing the sc wind up gave me chills. Nice work!
95 240sx KA24DE-T
S15 Injectors
Z32 blow through
street_240sx
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by street_240sx »

supakat wrote:Nice. I want a boost a spark now.
Me too! I might look into it
03 evo8 gsr: stroker 2.3 ;)

04 evo8 gsr: totalled

96 integra gsr: sold

89 s13 coupe: stock dohc, gt3076, megasquirt

started 3/15/08, running 1/18/09, finally turbo 2/9/14 lmfao
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

street_240sx wrote:
supakat wrote:Nice. I want a boost a spark now.
Me too! I might look into it
I was so jealous of his .050 gap that I went to the junkyard and bought a 110amp for $25.
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

Well, things they are a-changing. I plan to get this setup dyno'd in early spring, right before I take it off to switch to turbo. :twisted:

I've already started buying parts. So far I have in my possession or on the way:
-AEM EMS series 1 for S13 (will use my current s13-s14 conversion harness). Also have 01 Nissan Maxima coils and everything needED to run COP.
-a well built custom equal length manifold with T3flange and 44mm v-band wastegate, downpipe, dumptube, Purchased on here from chue240sx.
-ID2000 injectors
-PT5857 turbo with dual BB, ported S-cover, T3 .63 A/R hot side with 3" v-band outlet (PURCHASED FROM FORUM SPONSOR WWW.REALSTREETPERFORMANCE.COM)
-OBX top feed rail

I also recently picked up a Z32 trans and Q45 throttle body. My eventual goal is 500+ whp on E85 with the Z32 trans and a different clutch behind it. I'll probably start out and get the car tuned on 92 octane and run that up to 18 psi. Once I sell the supercharger setup and water/meth setup and other unused stuff, I'll buy a new clutch and flywheel and get the Mazworx Z32 trans swap kit. Once all that's on, I'll tune it on E85 and go for big power.
cypher02xd
240sx Wannabe

Post by cypher02xd »

awesome plan! I'm so happy to see more KAs using a 5857. I can't want to see the results.
R34SR

Post by R34SR »

Damn that's sad, i absolutely love this build , that supercharge whine is amazing. If I didn't already buy stuff to go turbo this summer I would have offered to buy your kit....nice work , keep it up.
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
EAGLE-ARP-SUPERTECH 9:1 KA24DE
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
Full Race twin scroll manifold
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

TinyT wrote:for the love of god, post your setup, do you really think you can get an answer after saying HI ME CAR HAS TURBO NOW BUT I CANT BWAAA PSHH WITH IT WHATS WRONG
all shal perrish

Post by all shal perrish »

hurry up and get this thing runnin son
www.autovaughnperformance.com

NISTUNE EXCELLENT TUNING AT AN EXCELLENT PRICE (pm with questions regarding)

I AM ON THE HUNT FOR JWT CAM GEARS..
if you have some, pm me
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

R34SR wrote:Damn that's sad,
LOL, Someone on a local forum said the same thing. I'll miss the insta-boost, but I need more power. Parts are coming in left and right. Turbo should be here tomorrow afternoon. I'll definitely dyno the supercharger setup before I take it off and post up the chart, but other than that, this is about it for updates. I'll start a new thread for the turbo install.

all shal perrish wrote:hurry up and get this thing runnin son
I'm trying. I should have everything by Spring.
R34SR

Post by R34SR »

Yea id love to see a dyno of your setup.....im actually waiting to compose all my pics together of my build....my turbo setup is pretty much complete aside from injectors , maf and a boost gauge. motor built and being broken in......cant wait to see what my isis rs3871 does on a KA.
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
EAGLE-ARP-SUPERTECH 9:1 KA24DE
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
Full Race twin scroll manifold
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

TinyT wrote:for the love of god, post your setup, do you really think you can get an answer after saying HI ME CAR HAS TURBO NOW BUT I CANT BWAAA PSHH WITH IT WHATS WRONG
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

Ran on the dyno today. This was at Dynosty here in Louisville, Kentucky, today at their Open House / Dyno day. The dyno is a Dyno dynamcis which read lower than dynojets. Put down 220 whp which is around 255 whp on a Dynojet from what I am told.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkAE6sQBVRI
TryingToTurbo

Post by TryingToTurbo »

adamky wrote:Ran on the dyno today. This was at Dynosty here in Louisville, Kentucky, today at their Open House / Dyno day. The dyno is a Dyno dynamcis which read lower than dynojets. Put down 220 whp which is around 255 whp on a Dynojet from what I am told.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkAE6sQBVRI
Definitley time for turbo. I'm still really surprised with your numbers. My KA-R setup on 10psi without meth injection still managed to pull 255whp/250wtq. With meth injection and another few psi, I would have hoped mine was somewhere in the range of 275whp+. Were you on NIStune on JWT, I don't remember? Either way, car sounded very nice, and super clean as always! Good luck with the KA-T build, its gonna be fun! I prefer it already over my supercharger all day. I'm still getting used to the lag, but damn it feels good to spool lol.
Built KA24DE: Wiseco 9.0:1 | Eagle H Beams | ARP Head & Main Studs | BC 272s & Springs | Supertech Valves
Boost Source: Under Construction

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

Yeah. I guess these things just blow hot air after about 10 psi, resulting in not much extra power. I should be starting the Z32 trans swap in the next few weeks. I'll break the new clutch in, and then take the car off of the road and start the install.
TryingToTurbo

Post by TryingToTurbo »

adamky wrote:Yeah. I guess these things just blow hot air after about 10 psi, resulting in not much extra power. I should be starting the Z32 trans swap in the next few weeks. I'll break the new clutch in, and then take the car off of the road and start the install.
Can't wait to see the turbo setup come together. I kinda wish I had the extra cash for a ball bearing turbo. At this size, the journal bearing is really hurting me with the lag. You have any pics of your new goodies?
Built KA24DE: Wiseco 9.0:1 | Eagle H Beams | ARP Head & Main Studs | BC 272s & Springs | Supertech Valves

supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

Sounds mean. Now to run it at the track, get a time, and install turbo.
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

Already ran it at the 1/8 mile. Ran a best of 9.1 @ 79.

Here are a few pics:

Image Image Image Image
TryingToTurbo

Post by TryingToTurbo »

I'm so jealous! If you don't mind me asking, what do you do for a living?

adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

My actual job title is Network Engineer. I work IT at a large hospital (Baptist Hospital). I work in the corporate office in the Network Services department and we handle all of the switches, routers, wireless equipment, etc. for all 5 of our hospitals. I make decent money and I'm single with no kids and no debt other than my school loans. I should be putting this money towards my house fund, but that isn't going so well here lately..! I'm hoping that if I put down 500+ whp, I'll be happy for a while and can start saving money again.
TryingToTurbo

Post by TryingToTurbo »

adamky wrote:My actual job title is Network Engineer. I work IT at a large hospital (Baptist Hospital). I work in the corporate office in the Network Services department and we handle all of the switches, routers, wireless equipment, etc. for all 5 of our hospitals. I make decent money and I'm single with no kids and no debt other than my school loans. I should be putting this money towards my house fund, but that isn't going so well here lately..! I'm hoping that if I put down 500+ whp, I'll be happy for a while and can start saving money again.

lol nice!

I'm getting ready to graduate in may with an engineering degree. So hopefully I'll be able to have goodies like this too =]

I really can't wait to see this build done. Looks so nice!

adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

I'm sure you'll be making big money in no time. You're a real engineer. I just have an associates degree and I am not really an engineer, despite the job title..!
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Kamilitaryman »

What a clean build. Great job man!
PM me if you're interested in getting something powder coated!