Insane s14 restoration project.

This is for all those PICTURE THREADS ONLY. Motor installs, product writeups, showing off your car, put the thread in here.
SoulGuardian
240sx Wannabe

Insane s14 restoration project.

Post by SoulGuardian »

A friend of mine is restoring his s14 zenki. Removing all the rusted stuff, learning welding ...

The thread is in french, and in a local nissan club forum from Québec, But you really wanna check those pics, and bookmark this thread :

http://forum.nissanclub.ca/showthread.php?t=6253

Enjoy!! :D
DjayS12
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by DjayS12 »

Wow sa c'est du vieux stock. Je me rappel du NPClub, je croyais que ce forum la n'existais plus!

Haha je me rapelle encore du S14 de Qu0Vad1s! Content de voir que la voiture est encore en de très bonne main!

mmhh.. c'est bien possible que je me réinscrive bientot!
drunknmunky

Post by drunknmunky »

those weld's aren't the best...
Super Coupe
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by Super Coupe »

:shock: what in the world is going on with that welding
SoulGuardian
240sx Wannabe

Post by SoulGuardian »

yo let you know... Quovadis aka JP didn't know at all how to weld when he started so yeah some weld are really **** looking, but it's working :P some Like to learn by doing. :) just can't wait to see that thing done.

And well, even of npclub is kinda getting laid back and not much happens, nissanclub.ca picked up greatly and is quite active. organizing a big nissan fest on june 9 in quebec btw...
Dubs

Post by Dubs »

Hehe I think it would cost less if you just bought a S14 shell with no rust. =)
DjayS12

Post by DjayS12 »

^ Lol! indeed but most of this rust was discovered as he was redoing the bodyworks. Sad surprises but nothing that can't be fix with some metal sheet and a welding machine!
drunknmunky

Post by drunknmunky »

canada + salt = rust

nothing can be done, unless he moves all the way up to three rivers where they only use sand
silviaks2nr
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by silviaks2nr »

it's a link to a different site, in french, and not even a ka???? :?
98 240sx 5spd
KYLEBRENAY

Post by KYLEBRENAY »

???
SoulGuardian
240sx Wannabe

Post by SoulGuardian »

silviaks2nr wrote:it's a link to a different site, in french, and not even a ka???? :?
it's an s14 tho, tought just hard work on a car that needed the love instead of being crushed with the body work restoration part would interest many of us in here as I am.

sorry if french site and non KA engine offend you... :roll:
KYLEBRENAY

Post by KYLEBRENAY »

SoulGuardian wrote:
silviaks2nr wrote:it's a link to a different site, in french, and not even a ka???? :?
it's an s14 tho, tought just hard work on a car that needed the love instead of being crushed with the body work restoration part would interest many of us in here as I am.

sorry if french site and non KA engine offend you... :roll:
The part that was confusing to me was the fact that i seen no pictures when i clicked on the link. I did see the s14 dyno vid though. What do i need to click on to see the pics?
DjayS12

Post by DjayS12 »

go to the few last pages of the topic. Even if it's in french the way the forum works is still the same...
qu0vad1s
240sx Wannabe

Post by qu0vad1s »

That would be my ride ;) Thanks to my fellow quebecers for support and sharing my project.

1- I'm no pro, welds look like **** and I don't give a *****. It'll be solid and that's all that matters to me.
2- Had no idea the shell was in that bad of a shape. I've owned this car for the last 6 years or so, I just can't see myself throw it away.
3- ALL the work was done by either myself or a few buddies of mine (incl. Soulguardian). I did 95% of the metalwork myself so far and I think that for a first timer I did a pretty good job.
4- FYI I had intended to go KA-T at one point in time, but got a deal on a RB20 motorset I could not refuse so I swapped it out to a RB. I must say that my KA did last flawlessly for 170k miles before I swapped it to the rb.

Now that the rb20 died, found another awesome deal on a RB25 including the beafier tranny and a brand new clutch... couldn't resist.

For those that wants to follow progress, i'm about 75% done with rust repairs, should be a rolling shell by end of april (hopefully)

Peace out ;)
240SX LE 1995 5 Spd... Future KA-T Project :)
Stored for winter :(