Turbo2nr's 600hp build (vmount/wiggins/fuel/custom fab)

This is for all those PICTURE THREADS ONLY. Motor installs, product writeups, showing off your car, put the thread in here.
turbo2nr
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Turbo2nr's 600hp build (vmount/wiggins/fuel/custom fab)

Post by turbo2nr »

So i can finally say im back ! so a little history.

had my last red s14 for about 5years,

I loved this car to death , it wasn't anything too crazy, kouki, ka-t, standalone, suspension,rims brakes blah blah blah.. it was awesome tho..

then in November of 2010 tragedy hit, my car was involved in an accident,

sadly i could not fix her, strut tower was shifted in almost 3".. i had to part her out..

then i dont know what got into me (probably the influence of ex girlfriends..) i decided i will grow up and get a BMW.. i then bought this 4dr 335i 6mt

pretty nice car.. i did usually bmw d-bag stuff, angles eyes, chip/downpipes/intakes.. car was pretty quick but no fun.. I missed the s14 .. Every time i saw one my hear ached.. i went to cali and came back with a clear head and decided its time to sell the bmw..

Just so happened i decided to look for s14 again and i found one.. in long island.. red.. kouki.. ka-t, just like my old car.. it was set i need it!

so finally got the bmw sold! Now im back..

everyone meet Renee

goal for this build : modern day race car in 90 era car.

first set of mods are:
kouki tail lights
fortune auto 500 coilovers
rear multi link arms
re-barrel rims.

goal with this motor is around 600whp if it blow ( which i dont think it will) 2jz is up next.

specs on the car:
Engine
96 original KA24DE
Bored and plate-honed block
8.8:1 Weisco forged pistons with Weisco file-fit rings
Crower forged rods and rod bolts
Clevite main and rod bearings
Micropolished and balanced crankshaft
Ported head
Cometic Headgasket
ARP Head Studs
ARP Main studs
Koyo radiator
Flex a Lite Fans
relocated battery

Turbo:
Garrett GT35R CHRA, ATP .70AR ported comp housing, ATP .82 turbine housing
ETD turbo mani, wrapped, along with downpipe
Tial 38/40mm wastegate
Oil feed components are custom lines, Function7 flanges, and a Tuner Toys tee.
Brand new stainless steel braided water lines to the turbo
HKS Super Sequential BOV
Fmax FMIC and chromed piping
Apexi Dual N1 Exhuast
Apexi AVCR
Apexi SAFC
new NGK 8mm plug wires and NGK iridium plugs

Fuel:
Nismo 740cc sidefeed injectors
HKS FCON -V
HKS AFK
255 in tank

Transmission:
Competition clutch twin disk
1pc alumium drive shaft
j30 vlsd
Steel braided slave cylinder line
B&M Short throw shifter
Filled with Redline MT90

Front end:
'98 front end, OEM red
NEW kouki headlights
kouki lower front lip
JDM kouki grill

Suspension:
Tein S-tech springs
Tein tie rods
Moog ball joints
Whiteline FLCA bushings
Whiteline tension rod bushings
Energy Suspension swaybar bushings
Greg Dupree subframe spacers

Brakes:
Full 300zx front brake conversion, PDM lines, slotted and x-drilled Brembo rotors

Wheels:
old school Work VSs, powdercoated glossy black
New BFG KDW DRs on the rear.
Nitto 555s on the front

car made 366whp @ 356 ft/lb when previous owner dynoed on 14psi, also did a 12.6@115mph ( shifting really easy not launching)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With that being said, for summer im focusing on looks and suspension. I just swapped out the zenki tail lights for kouki tail. I plan on ordering Fortune auto coilovers this week.

I'm debating on which company to use for suspension arms, im between powered by max/spl/fortune auto.. i will defiantly order those soon.

then im going to rebarrel the rims: right now the vs-mx's are :
18x8 +34 (1.5" lip/ 18x9 +38 (2" lip),

going to get some 3"/4" lips new size and offsets will be:
18X10 +8 245/35 and 18X11 +17 265/35.

that should hold me down until next year when i get the real rims i want.

i also plan to re tune the fcon and raise the boost up a little, i just want around ~420whp for the summer.

ill keep this build active as i get parts in and progress is made.

Small ricer update!

Installed led corner bulbs and led cluster bulbs

all bulbs are from super bright leds.com

the corner bulbs are the 16x led 194 bulb,
http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/ ... 15-TAC.htm

Cluster bulbs were the 9 led bulbs
http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/ ... WHP9-T.htm

made a huge difference. With the led their is a spot in the cluster that is washed out, i have to find a way to fix this as it bothers me to death!

stock cluster

new bulb vs old

new sexiness
Image[/IMG]

these should go really nice with the defi i cant wait to install it!

Also did an oil change as well , the oil was very dark and low, glad i changed it before beating on the car.

Plans for this week:
- install HID 6000k
- install new bumper
- start defi gauge setup
- order new ac trim ( im a clutz and broke the other one at tarmac fail..)
- order new shift knob
- order barrel for rims

hopefully ill have a better update next week
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

builds picking up!

Getting real..

Gotta love impulse buys!

and let the fun times begin, ok ok ill stop slacking and hopefully give a good pic update this weekend.

i didnt do much but install the dmax corners but it looks like poop because i need to change my peeling headlight housing :/ ill be doing so this weekend, and possible fender harness tuck and defi install =0
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
ok mini update, i got it my coils and ruca, so install this week .. i really didnt want to start anything major with the car this weekend as i really wanted to driver her..

so i did ricer things.. i finally got around to installing my hids

also my head light housing was fading so i baked them open and swapped out the housing to nice shiny ones i had laying around..

i also cleaned up the engine bay and i drove her around ..
how she looks as of now before the big changes:

cool pic:

some inspiration: Jack from JDM Engine depot s14

now while driving around sat night, "testing" the car i seen that my tune has some issues...

after a good beating session on the high way with a evox and 370z my car was running super rich 9.8-10.5 off boost, it was struggling to idle and wanted to flood out. Below 50% throttle it would be way to rich, and the wide band would be just toggling between 9.8- 11.5 randomly..

as i stop beating on the car and drove it normal, it began to act normal again, it stopped stalling out when coming to stop and clutch in.. the a/f returned to 12.7-13.5 lo throttle cursing speeds.

the lower drive ability part of my maps sucks! i can see that it needs a retune. So it looks like after this round of mod, im going to have to bite the bullet start the fuel system and cams, and go for a re tune.. goal - 500-550whp...

update coils are in!

i will go lower once i re lip my rims and get the fenders pulled..

pics of install done @ TARMAC SPL - thanks D!

old vs new

D putting in work

also did pbm ruca

all done!

driving impressions-
Dampening was set 18 clicks form soft all around. I did the full stiff -> full soft as recommended before final adjustment of Damper.

Living in NYC and having experience in a s14 with harsh coils I was nervous in the beginning.. My first impression when driving down the block away from the shop was “wow these feel almost like the tien springs/stock strut combo” they felt more firm and responsive. Taking some dips on the road at fairly low speeds and the car remained stable, it wasn’t bouncy at all. The coils rebounded pretty quickly at local driving speeds ~15-30pmh. Compared to other coilovers they would get pretty bouncy at those speeds on wavy pavement. The joints/cracks in the road I didn’t notice them! That was a huge huge surprise to me. I was so happy that the coils rode so comfortable on local streets. I did purposely go over a few pot holes to see how harsh it was compared to the spring and struts combo. To my surprise it wasn’t that bad. It wasn’t as forgiving as a spring and strut but it didn’t make my back hurt over the bump either.. But needless to say I will be avoiding all pot holes..

On to Highway impressions-
My commute from the shop to my home is around 30miles, nyc high ways are unforgiving, pot holes, uneven pavement, cracks, un level areas that look and feel like some one put a speed bump on the high way for no apparent reason -__-
Cursing around 60mph the car is super responsive, lane change and weaving left to right is super responsive, as soon as I turn the wheel the car moves. It doesn’t lean it just goes with out delay. The ride isn’t bouncy at all. Its not to firm as in low speed testing, it rebounds nicely over uneven pavement. Driving around 60-70mph I didn’t feel the joints in the high way, it felt good not to have the car twitch over every line. I did slightly feel when the asphalt met cement and back to asphalt. But its nothing to complain about, Fortune Auto coilovers are way more forgiving then other coilvovers. The swift springs make the car feel soo composed, honestly it felt stable like my 07 335i on the high way, a nice comfortable ride and handle nicely, its very composed the car isn’t all over the road and it doesn’t tend to pull into the crown of the road like some overly stiff coilovers. The response is crazy, my last s14 had full suspension and arms spl outer tie rods/tension rods/ full rear arms, sub frame bushing ect. And in response this new car feels like this car with just coilovers! Amazing. Fortune auto did a great job with the Digressive valving on this coil.

My only only compliant was that over a big bump on the high way the coilover rebounded pretty hard, but It is expected as they are coilovers.. and the other negative would be on extremely low speed less then 10mph on a wavy piece of road the coils do feel a little bouncy but nothing that is to harsh. Again they are coilover and it’s the nature of them.

Over all im super satisfied with the coilovers and picking Fortune auto, Terry was a big help throughout the whole process of matching spring rate s and taking time to explain to me how the coilovers worked. He predicted them to be just like how they are! The swift springs are amazing defiantly worth the money. Even Damium was surprised at how well these coils rode in comparison to all the other coils hes tired.

I will keep updating this thread as I get more seat time with the coilover and also how it stands up over time. Right now the ride height is 25” from the floor to fender arch. I will be lowering it soo to around 23”. I will give another assessment of the car at that height to compare it at a lower setting. Also I will adjust the dampening to a softer and harder setting to see the difference.

Over all id recommend these coils, its super comfortable, firm and sporty when it needs to be and it fits on the car perfectly.

Thanks to Fortune Auto and terry for the FA510, and thanks to Damium at Tarmac for the install and all the help with adjusting and dialing in the coilovers.
tested fitted my zeta.. unfortunately i have the wrong rail -__-

fixed my gauge cluster.. one of my bulbs wasnt lighting up

looks so much nicer!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

gauge set up almost complete

zeta goes in this week once my rails come..

also my navan rear valance should also be here and my lips for the rims should finally come in! next few weeks is going to be good!

Put in some "work" today

A little preview, still need to clean up barrels and polish faces and clean bolts.. but you get the basic idea..

little teaser..

rear set 18x11+12

got some pulling ahead of me :rock:

i can see it coming together..

yes i know moar low! getting my fenders pulled and lowering the car another 1" this week and installing my jdm bumper. Should look decent soon.

btw federal ss595 run big, a 235 isnt even stretched on a 9.5 and a 265 no stretch on a 11" wtf?? i guess now i have to go for the meaty look :/

BAM! in yo face!

Ride height achieved..

Big thanks for TARMAC SPL for the fender pull + height

pretty big difference

havent done much yet, whats next on the list:

- put on center caps
-pbm toe arms
-alignment
-aerocatch hood pins
-glossy red vinyl wrap hood
-fix lip/ wrap in vinyl for added strength
-swap out kouki sides for gp sports sides
-wingless
-turn up boost to around 20psi

car needs moar power now, im going to have to start buying the rest of the stuff for motor..

alex being my super hot greek wheel model <3 <3

So i finally got the center caps on wheels look 10x nicer now:

also discovered why my car feels slower, Watergate gasket is leaking -__- now comes the fun times of replacing it ..

also purchased some items heres a preview :
before:

After

gp sports side and my greddy lip, i also have the gp sports rear bumper and front bumper, its should look familiar as its from a members build on here ;-)

now to save up for some paint.
minor update

so cars running ok, i have a exhaust leak on the turbo side which i cant find -__-

also from being low i have a hole in my flex section in my downpipe, and my wire harness was getting chewed through (even after tucking it away) looks like i have to notch the chassis next..

still waiting for paint and i need to find N1 ducts for the kouki bumper. I also removed my spoiler so im wingless now.

so as for now ive just been driving it..

pics because everyone loves pics..

playing around with my broken greddy lip.. soon to be fixed

update

this weekend i spent some time fixing and finding issues with the car..

things replaced:
oil
spark plugs
coolant temp sensor
tps sensor

Also i had D from TARMAC help me out, he found out that on my fcon harness i had a broken tps wire, which was causing my tps sensor to jump around. so we fixed that thinking it would help my running rich issue..

so after all that the car was still idling at 9.7:1 , it would stumble around 2-2700rpms, but after that it would be ok, driving a little better 11.9-12.5.

on boost the car runs good, 11.5-10.8 no hesitation or flat spots.

as i drove the car for a little i did notice drive ability get better .. which leads me to believe that the fcon has some kind of adaptive learning but im not sure. It still doesn't run 100% tho but the flat spot went away.

then we thought it may be a bad o2 sensor on the wideband causing it to run like crap. so we swapped out my wide band o2 for a good working one and still the same:confused::confused::confused:

while going through all this i did find out that my wastegate gasket is burnt and needs to be replaced and has a slight leak, also my turbo seems to be a tad bit loose on the manifold but not enough to cause a leak ( or at least i think not) but i dont think a exhaust leak pre turbo can cause such a big difference in a/f readings..

the other weird thing is that when i changed my plugs they were fouled, i put new ones in and drove around with it reading "rich" but when i looks at the plugs/o2 sensor after putting them in they did not have any black residue on it to indicate it running extremely rich. idk im stumped..|

im going to fix the exhaust gaskets/leaks and transmission and see if any thing changes.. if not then im going to take the car to the tuner and have he re program the fcon..

at a meet with tarmac

i also need to put my damm aero on..
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Finally some good progress

went to good ol Tarmac to do some work.. goal today was to fix transmission and exhaust leak.

started off by pulling off the exhaust, i had more leaks then a sinking ship, exhaust was loose in 2 places, down pipe was loose in 2 places, wastegate re-circulation tube was also loose/broken. pulled all that off.

transmission came out no issues tho.. i didnt take much pics but heres one of my twin disk chilling.. its sooo cute

while trying to tighten the wastegate we came to see that all four bolts on my turbo was loose as well.. we proceeded to tighten those as well.

while fixing the exhaust leaks, we decided no more re-circulation open dump ftw. I forgot how good that sounds.. slapped every thing back together and the car runs like a champ and i have reverse! :mysmilie_1725::mysmilie_1528gif:

now since all the hard stuff was done time for the fun stuff ... finally got around to installing my nismo N1 vents

making the whole

test fitting first vent

these things fit soo tight , we had to remover the front bumper so that we can get them to snap into the front bumper..

me and oder comparing aero

all done!

all in all a very productive 15hrs of wrenching

next up car goes to the body shop on Monday for make over:borat:

oh the problem with the car running like crap kinda fixed it self, we figured out that i had a broken tps wire on my f-con harness, we fixed that and once i drove the car around for a bit it started to re-learn the bottom end of the tune. guess the F-CON has some kind of self learning idk.. also i disconnected my map sensor and blew it out , it had some white powder oxidation on it. As of now the car is running good

ver.3 coming soon

vr.3

at petrolwerks meet with tmspl

hood and vents going back for paint , body shop didnt have time to get it done.

it was awesome to cruise around with everyone

BAM!
-hood stays carbon, to much work to get it to look good in red and i think it gives me some street credit lol

wheels are sold new wheels soon.. it never ends -_________-
some pics from this weekend

so no real progress , still waiting on wheels got delayed now we are looking end of october -__-

mean time ive been buying parts so far i have
pbm toe
drift freak mounts
z32 rear brake setup

which i will be installing soon..

but in other news over the winter im changing my whole turbo/fuel setup so this should be interesting.. ill update soon as new go fast goodies come in ;)

also my current turbo setup will be for sale soon if anyone is interested:

jgs manifold
38mm wastegate
atp 3582r
3" downpipe/dumpipe
intake pipe

basically whole turbo side..

parts starting to roll in, also got the aem and downpipe but i didnt get to snap a pic of it..

need to get:
1.06 divided housing for 35r
tial 44mm wastegate
tial bov
bigger intercooler
start fuel system
i finally got off my lazy ass this weekend despite working 7days and put in some work.

had a buddy come over and started to rip the engine bay apart.

so the full race mani is hitting the bolt for the power steering resv. looks like i need to unbolt it and it should slip on. i still need to change my exhaust gaskets tho.

i should be sending my turbo out this week hopefully to get upgraded and my new tial mv-r should be coming in today woot!

i have some surprise baller parts coming in next week =)
Last edited by turbo2nr on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
R.i.p. 97 s14
96 s14 ka-t
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

Nice work. Glad to have you back.
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
sdaigle240
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by sdaigle240 »

hes back!

subscribed.

your poor poor bank account, we love it!
airman wrote:I'm all about spreadsheets. Bitches love spreadsheets.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
hy35 18psi Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=38784
RIP MJL best friend of 20 years and the man who showed me 240s
picsbypenny
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by picsbypenny »

I finally figured out why I cold never find your build thread.... I see now lol.

I like seeing every ones progress from where they started.
95 Silvia - KA24DET | 95 240sx - 2JZ

Build > viewtopic.php?t=57996
turbo2nr

Post by turbo2nr »

Thanks for the comments,

so before i sent the turbo out for a upgrade i took some test fit pics

also picked up some parts
new tial 44mm mv-r
aem 5 bar

id2000cc

and custom intake manifold by myowncasualty.

while i had the turbo off i figure i put some heat foil down
before
after

this dei self adhesive heat foil is pretty good.

more updates as parts continue to come in/back
R.i.p. 97 s14
96 s14 ka-t
Berserker

Post by Berserker »

Car looks really clean man GJ.
608 whp @ 27.25 psi powered by Precision6262
R34SR

Post by R34SR »

very nice car, looking at the photos i immediately realized you live very near to me.
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
EAGLE-ARP-SUPERTECH 9:1 KA24DE
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
Full Race twin scroll manifold
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

TinyT wrote:for the love of god, post your setup, do you really think you can get an answer after saying HI ME CAR HAS TURBO NOW BUT I CANT BWAAA PSHH WITH IT WHATS WRONG
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

Looking good man. Glad to see you back in a 240.
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
schmauster920

Post by schmauster920 »

Glad you grew up and got a 240 8)

lol
D21, Built KA24DE, 740cc, T4, WeatherGuard Tool Box, Tial 40mm, Megasquirt 3 in progress
Charlie240sxt
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by Charlie240sxt »

Wheres the damn Like button.... :D

Anyway a vary nice build you have going
04 Audi A4 1.8T ,95 240sx SE,12 Ram 2500 HD
........Daily................Toy................Tow/Haul.......
mmmS13

Post by mmmS13 »

Car looks good man. What a small world, I almost bought this car awhile ago! I was wondering why the specs looked so familiar hah. It was a friend of mines friend's car. I love my S13 too much to sell it at the time, and you get to enjoy another S14 :) crazy.
230k stock block
50 trim 16psi
810cc DW's
Z32 MAF
Enthalpy Tuned
*Sold*
Evo X Cornfed

http://www.youtube.com/LGmmkay
^ Youtube Channel ^

viewtopic.php?p=496648#496648
^ Build Thread ^

viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
^ Considering E-Mance? Read this ^
jarhead
240sx Wannabe

Post by jarhead »

Beautiful car man. Love the wheels.
-Jarrod
turbo2nr

Post by turbo2nr »

FINALLY!! IT CAME BACK!

gtx3582r upgraded:

82mm billet wheel
ported comp housing
polished comp housing
divided 1.06 t3 turbine housing

i cant wait to get this sucker on the car. i got to wait for the mani to come back from thermal coating
R.i.p. 97 s14
96 s14 ka-t
ghx407
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by ghx407 »

Impressive build
BADA$$240
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by BADA$$240 »

I like those wheels
92 240sx RB25DET
07 R6
12 Mazda 2-all around beater
turbo2nr

Post by turbo2nr »

got the final pieces in to start my build:

-8 feed
-6 return
inline fuel filter
new fpr

i.d. 2000

full race mani back from ceramic coating

i should have the turbo side assembled this weekend, then the car is off to Tarmac SPL for the fuel setup along with a few custom parts.

stay tuned things starting to pick up! :)
R.i.p. 97 s14
96 s14 ka-t
tom550

Post by tom550 »

Why dont you actually upgrade your headlights?
contact this guy http://revlimiter.net/store/gauges-na.php those stock gauges look uglier than ****.
turbo2nr

Post by turbo2nr »

headlights are oem they work fine for me , later ill be using vertex style head lights.

and i like the way my oem gauges look esp with the red led bulbs. those cluster are for miata LOL
R.i.p. 97 s14
96 s14 ka-t
tom550

Post by tom550 »

He can make custom gauges.
And how are those headlights a upgrade at all?
jlpowell84
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by jlpowell84 »

wow!
BADA$$240
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by BADA$$240 »

This is a build done right. Can't wait to see a vid of it all finished.
92 240sx RB25DET
07 R6
12 Mazda 2-all around beater
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

tom550 wrote:Why dont you actually upgrade your headlights?
contact this guy http://revlimiter.net/store/gauges-na.php those stock gauges look uglier than ****.
tom550 wrote:He can make custom gauges.
And how are those headlights a upgrade at all?
When did you turn into an angry old man? :ahole:
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
tom550

Post by tom550 »

Yep :)

But I hate seeing people spend all this money on their car then throw garbage on their headlights. If you upgrading every other part of your car you might as well upgrade your headlights as well. Don't be that guy rolling down the road with 8000k in your halogen reflector housings. Ill be laughing my ass off.

I'm done.
turbo2nr

Post by turbo2nr »

Yes because headlights and gauge clusters are a first priority when building cars...

LOL
R.i.p. 97 s14
96 s14 ka-t
turbo2nr

Post by turbo2nr »

made some progress this weekend,

finally got all the parts back i needed to assemble the turbo side and get the car to the shop.

decided to put all the new parts for my build together just to get a visual on the amount of money i dumped into this build -_-

my not so professional work station

exahust side preped and ready to go

Manifold on, the full race mani was such a breeze to install. it is hands down the best ka-t mani i ever put on. ( i used about 5 different manifolds on other ka-t setups) everything was such easy access , it really makes a difference when buying quality parts

i tried my best not to scratch the nice ceramic coating on the manifold.
As you can see the manifold/wastegate cleared everything well(ac/powersteering lines)only issue was the p.s. resivor line, that will need to be re-done in s.s. since it runs close to the first runner of the manifold.

started to put the turbo on and then i realized that the oil return line didnt reach, i had to pull it off and clock he turbo. this took up alot of my time.
I got it all reassembled and got the downpipe on.

turns out that i dont have the turbo oil feed fitting, i need to order that before i can start the car again, then all i need to do is attach oil/coolant lines, i/c pipe and then its off to Tarmac for fuel system, intake manifold, catch can setup and custom fmic.

getting there..
R.i.p. 97 s14
96 s14 ka-t
bmitchell_ga

Post by bmitchell_ga »

What bmc are you using?
97 S14
329hp 320trq @ 13psi (on pump)
? @ 18psi (corn)

my build thread
viewtopic.php?t=51532&highlight=

E85, obd I con, Nistune, HKS hi-power exh, Fidanza flywheel, ACT 6-puck, K-Sport coilovers, Holset hy-35 turbo, Turbo Smart 38mm wastegate, HKS bov, JGS mani, mm's, & oil line kit, AMS fuel kit w/ 95pd inj's, lc-1 wb, Driveshaft Shop DS, Greddy profec b
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

Are you planning to run the stock transmission? I doubt it will last long at 600whp, especially with a good twin disc clutch like you have. Kedbmx destroyed his 3rd gear at around 550 whp. And TryingToTurbo just destroyed his second gear with around 400-420 whp.
turbo2nr

Post by turbo2nr »

bmc- is stock for now , after i do he brembos up front after the engine build ill address that.

as for the transmission yea its a stock ka transmission. once it blows which i will ill upgrade to a z33 6sp. im in talks with someone developing an adapter plate that will allow you to use a stock ka starter to bolt up .

other things that i will address after the engine setup is cams (kelfod 272 + springs and retainers) and Coil on Plug setup.

but i dont want to put all my eggs in the same basket, i like to do things one part at a time. less time spent trouble shooing, get one part working perfect then move to the next..
R.i.p. 97 s14
96 s14 ka-t
cleantune
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by cleantune »

Great work so far. I've also heard KA engines turn on their trans around 400whp. You know what though, I agree with you- its in there now, try it out 8) The good thing is as long as it holds up for tuning, a new trans wont effect any of the engine stuff like the tune, timing, ect.
For SALE !!! >>http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 44#p537044 <<

Buildthread: http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 46#p537046
instagram: @cleantune / @siks_tehn_racing
bmitchell_ga

Post by bmitchell_ga »

I'm thinking my car has close to 400hp. My tranny sounded like all straight cut gears after my first pull from a dig, after tuning. Its loud as hell even in neutral. Scared to drive it sounding like that.
Last edited by bmitchell_ga on Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
97 S14
329hp 320trq @ 13psi (on pump)
? @ 18psi (corn)

my build thread
viewtopic.php?t=51532&highlight=

E85, obd I con, Nistune, HKS hi-power exh, Fidanza flywheel, ACT 6-puck, K-Sport coilovers, Holset hy-35 turbo, Turbo Smart 38mm wastegate, HKS bov, JGS mani, mm's, & oil line kit, AMS fuel kit w/ 95pd inj's, lc-1 wb, Driveshaft Shop DS, Greddy profec b