hpipro4 S13 KA24DE-T Build

This is for all those PICTURE THREADS ONLY. Motor installs, product writeups, showing off your car, put the thread in here.
240sx-venezuela
240sx Wannabe

Post by 240sx-venezuela »

going to give this godspeed intake manifold a try....still need to do mods on it and clean it up better!
Image[/quote]

I have a stupid quetion, how is the connection to the radiator hose? is a small pipe that you can thread it to the intake? or is it need to be pressed in?

Because I want to change the pipe that came with the stock intake with 3 connections and put just one connection

Sorry for my poor english
hpipro4
240sx Wannabe

Post by hpipro4 »

will be a while till i get to mod/install this thing. im planning to clean up the casting marks inside and out. will also bead blast then powdercoat it wrinkle blk. planning to run top feed aem fuel rail.

the rad hose is threaded on not pressed in. i thought it was 1"npt but its not. so im going to buy 1"npt tap and run 16an to 1"npt fitting.

ill post pics soon........
signals13
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by signals13 »

great build love how super clean it is keep up the great work.
Saxy_S13
240sx Wannabe

Post by Saxy_S13 »

I'm about to tear into mine now that it's down. Very interested in all the wiring. Not sure if my tiny brain can handle it though lol. Where did you snag those ac controls?
hpipro4
240sx Wannabe

Post by hpipro4 »

Saxy_S13 wrote:I'm about to tear into mine now that it's down. Very interested in all the wiring. Not sure if my tiny brain can handle it though lol. Where did you snag those ac controls?
got the digital climate control off some1 on zilvia.
hpipro4
240sx Wannabe

Post by hpipro4 »

starting to collect parts.......

decided to go felpro headgasket for now.
signals13

Post by signals13 »

Great build definitely need to start my build
hpipro4
240sx Wannabe

Post by hpipro4 »

thanks!

not much update! going to the machine shop tmr and take my block n head to get check out and go from there.
ViperGT

Post by ViperGT »

make sure you have them check your mainline bore, often times it just needs a slight hone, sweet build looks like my old parts collection :lol:
in a datsun 510:
arias 8.8 .020
eagle rods
clevite bearings
ferrea/exhaust supertech/intake stk
supertech springs and retainers
bc valve guides v2 cams currently crower 288/288 (no good)
port and polish
arp head, main, rod bolts
osk timing
current: custom log mani, TIAL mvr,
later: ati SD garret gtx3071 currently in my possession looking for gtx3576
custom downpipe
lol:
sdaigle240 wrote:beat that thing like it owes you money.
sdaigle240
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by sdaigle240 »

lovin this.

hey, when u go to the machine shop, ask em to check the roundness of those eagle rods. we all just run em but ive been hearing they require machine work ini a machinists eyes.
airman wrote:I'm all about spreadsheets. Bitches love spreadsheets.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
hy35 18psi Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=38784
RIP MJL best friend of 20 years and the man who showed me 240s
hpipro4
240sx Wannabe

Post by hpipro4 »

ViperGT wrote:make sure you have them check your mainline bore, often times it just needs a slight hone, sweet build looks like my old parts collection :lol:
whats a mainline bore? lol never heard of that term before....
hpipro4
240sx Wannabe

Post by hpipro4 »

sdaigle240 wrote:lovin this.

hey, when u go to the machine shop, ask em to check the roundness of those eagle rods. we all just run em but ive been hearing they require machine work ini a machinists eyes.
hmmm....that was my plan but i guess ill bring em with me when i go back to the machine shop and have him mic it.
hpipro4
240sx Wannabe

Post by hpipro4 »

i've been thinking about running megasquirt on this setup and wanting to go cop! should i go DIYpnp or MSpnp? any suggestions for coils? would ms drive dynamic injectors w/o the resitor box?
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

hpipro4 wrote:i've been thinking about running megasquirt on this setup and wanting to go cop! should i go DIYpnp or MSpnp? any suggestions for coils? would ms drive dynamic injectors w/o the resitor box?
Good choice. If you want to build the MS, then DIY but if you want to skip all that hassle and get a better feature set, then MSPNP.

It would be better to go with the MSPNP cause you get the big daddy map sensor, peak and hold drivers built in so you do not need a resistor box for your injectors. There may be some more but this is the main that I know about.

LS2 coils is the best option. Since they are smart coils, you only need to wire to ms. No quad spark is needed. Beercan has a set for sale which are the ones I currently run with my MSPNP.
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
240sx-venezuela
240sx Wannabe

hpipro4 wrote:i've been thinking about running megasquirt on this setup and wanting to go cop! should i go DIYpnp or MSpnp? any suggestions for coils? would ms drive dynamic injectors w/o the resitor box?
Go with MSPNP you won´t be disapointed, and you will be able to use those injectors without a resistor box, and cop setup, and use a crank triggered wheel so you can eliminate the distributor too hehe, cleaner look engine.
hpipro4
240sx Wannabe

Post by hpipro4 »

supakat wrote:
Good choice. If you want to build the MS, then DIY but if you want to skip all that hassle and get a better feature set, then MSPNP.

It would be better to go with the MSPNP cause you get the big daddy map sensor, peak and hold drivers built in so you do not need a resistor box for your injectors. There may be some more but this is the main that I know about.

LS2 coils is the best option. Since they are smart coils, you only need to wire to ms. No quad spark is needed. Beercan has a set for sale which are the ones I currently run with my MSPNP.
if i wanted to delete the maf i would need the iat sensor? the one they sell is ok?
if i wanted to go cop i would need the trigger wheel and ls2 coils? which plug wires would i use? would my accel be fine?

what did you have to do to run e85?
change lines? gas tank?
thanks
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

hpipro4 wrote:if i wanted to delete the maf i would need the iat sensor? the one they sell is ok?
if i wanted to go cop i would need the trigger wheel and ls2 coils? which plug wires would i use? would my accel be fine?

what did you have to do to run e85?
change lines? gas tank?
thanks
You need the IAT no matter what. The open air element one DIY is best. I have that too. Correct for COP, all you need is the trigger wheel and LS2 coils. As for wires, the LS2 coils have a different end on them. I bought the tips from jegs and cut my Accel wires to the length of the coils and crimped on the new connector.

To run corm, I left the hard lines and ran e85 compatible lines in the back and front of the car. Basically anywhere there was rubber with the fuel, I changed them out. Nothing to the tank has been done.
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
240sx-venezuela
240sx Wannabe

You can use almost any coil you want, but there is something you need to know, there are coils with built in ignitor (smart coils) and there are coils that needs external ignitors, if youre going to buy ms you need the queadspark module wich is an ignitor, but thats in case you use coils without built in ignitors, by the other hand, if you choose coils with built in ignitor you wont need the quadspark module, you can connect the coils directly to the megasquirt, like maxima coils lsx isuzu coils those are good options.
And about the maf, I´m not sure, I think is not mandatory to use it, but somebody with more knowledge in this area will tell us
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

240sx-venezuela wrote:Not sure, I think is not mandatory to use it, but somebody with more knowledge in this area will tell us
You do not need the MAF but can still run it if need to. This is due to racing class restrictions but for home use, get rid of that completely.
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
F1Altima
240sx Wannabe

Post by F1Altima »

So would it be necessary to change the fuel tank to run e85?
Crower Rods
Arias Pistons (8.8:1)
Precision SC61 Turbo (Currently 17lbs)
POS AEM ECU
DMH Electric Exhaust Cut out
MSD 6+/Magnecor Wires
AFC Neo
AEM WideBand
AEM Serial Gauge
A.C.T 6 Puck Clutch
Custom Short Shifter
Stillen Strut Bar
ST Rear Sway Bar
Whiteline Front Sway Bar
Racing Line Endlinks
Brembo Drilled/Slotted Rotors
GC Springs/Tokico Struts
18" Centerline RPM's (15lbs!)
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Kamilitaryman »

What a build. Love the wire tuck as well. Keep the updates coming. I need to get motivated to work on mine again... lol
PM me if you're interested in getting something powder coated!
hpipro4
240sx Wannabe

Post by hpipro4 »

F1Altima wrote:So would it be necessary to change the fuel tank to run e85?
doesnt look like it. supakat only swap out all the rubber lines^^
hpipro4
240sx Wannabe

Post by hpipro4 »

supakat wrote: You need the IAT no matter what. The open air element one DIY is best. I have that too. Correct for COP, all you need is the trigger wheel and LS2 coils. As for wires, the LS2 coils have a different end on them. I bought the tips from jegs and cut my Accel wires to the length of the coils and crimped on the new connector.

To run corm, I left the hard lines and ran e85 compatible lines in the back and front of the car. Basically anywhere there was rubber with the fuel, I changed them out. Nothing to the tank has been done.
happen to have link of the wire connectors for the ls2 coils? also noticed theres different ls2 coils does it matter which one i run? the one with heatsink better? also what plugs are you running at what gap?

are you running special fuel pump to run e85? how about the flex fuel sensor? just curios are you able to switch back and forth between let say e85 then pump gas for smog? using two separate fuel pump? i've seen some mazda on youtube that switch to race gas automatically when in boost and back to pump gas when cruising..just wondering if mspnp would do this.

thanks
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

hpipro4 wrote:
F1Altima wrote:So would it be necessary to change the fuel tank to run e85?
doesnt look like it. supakat only swap out all the rubber lines^^
Yup, same thank. When I opened it up to put in my DW300, it was spotless. No rust or gunk or anything unusual.
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

hpipro4 wrote:
supakat wrote:happen to have link of the wire connectors for the ls2 coils? also noticed theres different ls2 coils does it matter which one i run? the one with heatsink better? also what plugs are you running at what gap?

are you running special fuel pump to run e85? how about the flex fuel sensor? just curios are you able to switch back and forth between let say e85 then pump gas for smog? using two separate fuel pump? i've seen some mazda on youtube that switch to race gas automatically when in boost and back to pump gas when cruising..just wondering if mspnp would do this.

thanks
Scroll 3/4's to find link to boots.
viewtopic.php?t=26234&start=120

The D585/yukon coils/heatsink coils are best but if you cannot find them, regular LS2 are good. LS1 coils are okay but I would not run them since you can get LS2 quite often on here. I am running .038 @ 20psi with my HX35.

Fuel pump is Deathwerks 300lph pump. It is e85 compatible and comes with a 3 year warranty. No issues yet.

MS can use the flex sensor to reduce timing and fuel. I am not going to use it cause I am corn for life. Corn should be easier to pass smog since it burns clean but we do not have inspections here in fl so I am unaware.

This mspnp does not have staged injection for extra injectors but you can do a fogger setup to spray meth/fuel when your kPa gets above a certain range.

If I missed something please let me know. I am not 100% here right now.
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
hpipro4
240sx Wannabe

Post by hpipro4 »

what brand spark plugs are you using?
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

NGK BKR7E. Part Number: 4644
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
hpipro4
240sx Wannabe

Post by hpipro4 »

supakat wrote:NGK BKR7E. Part Number: 4644
oh ok was running the same. thought you had to run acdelco or something because of the ls2 coils. does the sparkplug wires have to be certain lenghts or did you just replace the other end?

can the mspnp drive any top feed injectors that will work on the godspeed intake manifold?
are you still running the obx fuel rail?

been really thinking about switching to e85! whats your gas milage like? i dont care much about the gas milage but more concern about safety! i read e85 has higher octane rating which is good for boost but electrically conductive. did you have to wrap the stock fuel tank with fire retardant stuff? just curios what oil are you running full synthetic 5/30?

thanks a bunch
hpipro4
240sx Wannabe

Post by hpipro4 »

got some work done on thursday..........
took all the valves out and the two freeze plugs. then headed to the machine shop.

valves had plenty of carbon deposits, specially on the exhaust valves.

had them in a box till i knocked a few over and i was like,,,, thats it im going to DIY my own spring holder. had some foamy board frm dolla tree and grabbed an exacto knife, ruler and glue. this what i came up with lol

also my skullworks oilblock came in...loks pretty dope! has 8an in/oulets and 3 1/8npt ports with 2 plugs.

why not ill give this obx pulleys a shot! i plan on running the ati crank pulley so hope itll work with this.

ViperGT

Post by ViperGT »

sweet how much was the skull works? and also the mainline is the journals that the crank rides in.
in a datsun 510:
arias 8.8 .020
eagle rods
clevite bearings
ferrea/exhaust supertech/intake stk
supertech springs and retainers
bc valve guides v2 cams currently crower 288/288 (no good)
port and polish
arp head, main, rod bolts
osk timing
current: custom log mani, TIAL mvr,
later: ati SD garret gtx3071 currently in my possession looking for gtx3576
custom downpipe
lol:
sdaigle240 wrote:beat that thing like it owes you money.