hpipro4 S13 KA24DE-T Build

This is for all those PICTURE THREADS ONLY. Motor installs, product writeups, showing off your car, put the thread in here.
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

hpipro4 wrote:oh ok was running the same. thought you had to run acdelco or something because of the ls2 coils. does the sparkplug wires have to be certain lenghts or did you just replace the other end?

can the mspnp drive any top feed injectors that will work on the godspeed intake manifold?
are you still running the obx fuel rail?

been really thinking about switching to e85! whats your gas milage like? i dont care much about the gas milage but more concern about safety! i read e85 has higher octane rating which is good for boost but electrically conductive. did you have to wrap the stock fuel tank with fire retardant stuff? just curios what oil are you running full synthetic 5/30?

thanks a bunch
Wire length depends on where you decided to mount them. Then cut and crimp to fit.

Yes, ms can run any injector. Just get injectors that you find work well with the manifold. My bosch don't have issues sealing.

Yes, OBX rail still.

I don't know about mileage since I drive only to meets, weekends, and occasional work days.

No fire retardant stuff. Just fill and go.

Oil is rotella 15w-40. If you are in colder weather, you may need to go lighter.
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
hpipro4
240sx Wannabe

Post by hpipro4 »

ViperGT wrote:sweet how much was the skull works? and also the mainline is the journals that the crank rides in.
145shipped

ya told my machinist to mic everything.
hpipro4
240sx Wannabe

Post by hpipro4 »

supakat wrote:
hpipro4 wrote:oh ok was running the same. thought you had to run acdelco or something because of the ls2 coils. does the sparkplug wires have to be certain lenghts or did you just replace the other end?

can the mspnp drive any top feed injectors that will work on the godspeed intake manifold?
are you still running the obx fuel rail?

been really thinking about switching to e85! whats your gas milage like? i dont care much about the gas milage but more concern about safety! i read e85 has higher octane rating which is good for boost but electrically conductive. did you have to wrap the stock fuel tank with fire retardant stuff? just curios what oil are you running full synthetic 5/30?

thanks a bunch
Wire length depends on where you decided to mount them. Then cut and crimp to fit.

Yes, ms can run any injector. Just get injectors that you find work well with the manifold. My bosch don't have issues sealing.

Yes, OBX rail still.

I don't know about mileage since I drive only to meets, weekends, and occasional work days.

No fire retardant stuff. Just fill and go.

Oil is rotella 15w-40. If you are in colder weather, you may need to go lighter.
awesome! thanks

im in california so i guess ill stick with mobil 1 5/30 syn
hpipro4
240sx Wannabe

Post by hpipro4 »

got a call frm machine shop! guy said i need new exhaust valve guides is 210 too much or decent price? is it that hard to do? thinking about just doing it myself...hmmm what to do....
Last edited by hpipro4 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
schmauster920
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by schmauster920 »

210 extra for the guides would be raping

210 for having the head checked for straightness, checked for cracks, new seals and exhaust guides is about normal, about 350-400 with a valve job
D21, Built KA24DE, 740cc, T4, WeatherGuard Tool Box, Tial 40mm, Megasquirt 3 in progress
superDorifto
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by superDorifto »

I'm liking your build so far,

We have the same turbo and style intake, should be interesting to see what we make power wise.
hpipro4
240sx Wannabe

Post by hpipro4 »

superDorifto wrote:I'm liking your build so far,

We have the same turbo and style intake, should be interesting to see what we make power wise.
thanks!

very much indeed! yours already running? thinking about getting that ATI crank pulley, did you have to heat it up to install on the crank?
kacam24det
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by kacam24det »

i like you valve holder.....I like using shoe boxes
Cam
superDorifto
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by superDorifto »

hpipro4 wrote:
superDorifto wrote:I'm liking your build so far,

thanks!

very much indeed! yours already running? thinking about getting that ATI crank pulley, did you have to heat it up to install on the crank?
No to both, it fit right up.

My project is on hold while I finish up purchase of my first home...the good news is it has plenty of garage space.
hpipro4
240sx Wannabe

Post by hpipro4 »

has anyone try this coil? http://www.ebay.com/itm/150795942027
hpipro4
240sx Wannabe

Post by hpipro4 »

not much update! talked to my machinist and went over few stuff on whats going to be done to block. head and crank. im not used to having someone do the work for me but machining is abit much too to get into...lol

anyways.....spent my thursday and rest of fridays electroplating tons of oem nuts, bolts, brackets.

im using a caswell copy cad

this my 1st electroplating and im very pleased how they came out!

1st thing i do with the nuts and bolt are bead blast em with either aluminum oxide or glass bead. i degreased em using caswell sp degreaser powder mixed with distilled water and heat up to 140-160f then soak 5-10mins. then they go on acid bath till the fizzing stops.

heres some nuts and bolts soaking on distilled water before plating to prevent rust flash.

my setup. using an ebay 10amp max rectifier adjustable.

the bath! where magic happens! lol

you get a bright zinc finish. still need to dip em on either yellow iridescent or black chromate(which im going to nxt day off)
wannabethestig

Post by wannabethestig »

Thats looks pretty good. I wish i would have done something like that before i put my engine back together. How much did the plating stuff cost you?
My wife "haven't you spent enough time and money on that car yet?" my answer "no"

The build thread-> viewtopic.php?t=58421&highlight=
Jason M
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by Jason M »

I love the DIY aspect of this build. Very nice job with the plating. I've always wanted to buy the Caswell coating setup...
Chris28
240sx Wannabe

Post by Chris28 »

Woah, the plating looks boss! You should blast the pulleys and plate them too!

Are the OBX pulleys underdriven at all? In the near future I plan on underdriving my PS and water pump. Build looks awesome so far, awesome attention to detail.
500hpKA240sx
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by 500hpKA240sx »

Chris28 wrote:Woah, the plating looks boss! You should blast the pulleys and plate them too!

Are the OBX pulleys underdriven at all? In the near future I plan on underdriving my PS and water pump. Build looks awesome so far, awesome attention to detail.
my OBX water pump is underdriven its a great deal bigger then stock
viewtopic.php?t=53160&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Paul Walker- 1973-2013 Race In Paradise. you will be forever missed
mewantkouki

Post by mewantkouki »

How does the quality of the obx stuff compare to unorthodox racing pulleys?
hpipro4
240sx Wannabe

Post by hpipro4 »

wannabethestig wrote:Thats looks pretty good. I wish i would have done something like that before i put my engine back together. How much did the plating stuff cost you?
spent about 468+ on everything
mewantkouki

Post by mewantkouki »

Holy ****... almost $500 buck electroplating bolts!?! Did I read that right?
hpipro4
240sx Wannabe

Post by hpipro4 »

Chris28 wrote:Woah, the plating looks boss! You should blast the pulleys and plate them too!

you cant plate aluminum but can be anodized.

water pump is bigger in diameter than stock and ps are same diameter. not sure if the crank pulley they have is different diameter as stock. plan on using the ati crank pulley tho
hpipro4
240sx Wannabe

Post by hpipro4 »

mewantkouki wrote:Holy ****... almost $500 buck electroplating bolts!?! Did I read that right?
i made my own kit thats why. but you can do thousands of nuts and bolts. its not a one time use only they can last for years.
Irresistible
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by Irresistible »

Plated hardware looks awesome!

Where were you able to order that Skullworks oil block from? I want to eventually get one, but the thing on Zilvia ended a while back.
Ponda
240sx Wannabe

Post by Ponda »

Good Lord I want to try electroplating stuff now. I can think of all kinds of stuff to do on my bike.
03' WRX
89' S13 Coupe 2-Tone
www.stuckUdecals.com
hpipro4
240sx Wannabe

Post by hpipro4 »

Irresistible wrote:Plated hardware looks awesome!

Where were you able to order that Skullworks oil block from? I want to eventually get one, but the thing on Zilvia ended a while back.
just pm him on zilvia he still sells em. got mine 145shipped
hpipro4
240sx Wannabe

Post by hpipro4 »

did some tig welding today....

then this bad boys came in......wiseco 9:1 89.5mm

also d585 coils came in
240sx-venezuela
240sx Wannabe

Re: hpipro4 s13 ka-t build

Post by 240sx-venezuela »

hpipro4 wrote: after engine harness was done i decided to re-locate battery, and fuse/relay boxes to the inside....

How did you do to remove the battery tray?

The wiring goes from the passenger side, cross the front of the car to the drivers side relay box and then to inside of the car through the firewall on the driver side, how did you do to take it out? cutting wires or disconecting it?

I´ve been working on my car, it was auto transmission and Im removing every single wire that is related to the auto transmission an ascd, Ive taked out both sides dust covers and removed all the passenger side and front of the car without cutting any wire, the only thing missing is that I dont know the rest, I mean, the driver side to inside of the car
hpipro4
240sx Wannabe

Post by hpipro4 »

use a spot weld drill bit http://www.harborfreight.com/3-8-eighth ... 95343.html

youll need to cut some of the wires.
240sx-venezuela
240sx Wannabe

:( time consuming but I need to do that, I think Ill keep the fuse box and relay box in the sam place, but Ill see that later cause the dash still in its place and I need to remove it
hpipro4
240sx Wannabe

Post by hpipro4 »

240sx-venezuela wrote::( time consuming but I need to do that, I think Ill keep the fuse box and relay box in the sam place, but Ill see that later cause the dash still in its place and I need to remove it
i ended up cutting it out bc it was rotten underneath. ya its time consuming
240sx-venezuela
240sx Wannabe

I think I need to make some desitions hehe, the wiring looks great, I will hurt my feelings if I cut them off
hpipro4
240sx Wannabe

Post by hpipro4 »

240sx-venezuela wrote:I think I need to make some desitions hehe, the wiring looks great, I will hurt my feelings if I cut them off
just make sure to label wires as you cut......