S14wayz 98 Kouki Build...A Sad End :(

This is for all those PICTURE THREADS ONLY. Motor installs, product writeups, showing off your car, put the thread in here.
supakat
SuperMod

Re: S14wayz 98 Kouki Build...A Sad End :(

Post by supakat »

Yup. I didn't get my car till after college. In college best I could do was 75 shot dry. Boost would have never happened.
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
S14wayz
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by S14wayz »

supakat wrote:Yup. I didn't get my car till after college. In college best I could do was 75 shot dry. Boost would have never happened.
Yeah man its a struggle haha. Will be nice to do something with more money in the pocket
My S14 Build Thread
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=59534
mewantkouki

Post by mewantkouki »

That looks very fixable. I'd try and buy it back.
S14wayz

Post by S14wayz »

mewantkouki wrote:That looks very fixable. I'd try and buy it back.
So I did end up buying it back and you guys will not believe me if I told you how much lol.

The damage is not horrible but the whole hood got shifted and pushed up. The guy at the insurance decided to open up the hood and cause it was shifted he friggen bent my good driver side fender up near the window :angry-cussingblack:

The rad support and bumper is shifted to the right. I will have to get federal and provincial inspections on it so If they allow me to just weld up a tubular front support I will be very happy.

heres a better picture

My S14 Build Thread
mewantkouki

Post by mewantkouki »

S15 and S14 core supports are pretty much identical. They can be had for $200 + shipping. I'd pass on the tubular stuff especially on a street car.
cleantune
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by cleantune »

Man, sorry to hear that. Tubular would be a great solution; could even have the tubular front attached with a sleeved bolt in kind of setup for quick change/removal. Swapping engines would be a breeze, hah. As I'm sure you know, these tube front ends and front bash bars can also be designed to purposely "give" for safety purposes too; with the angles and diameter material used. NASCAR cage fabricators have some cool tips too that help make a tube setup safer as well.
For SALE !!! >>http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 44#p537044 <<

Buildthread: http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 46#p537046
instagram: @cleantune / @siks_tehn_racing
S14wayz

Post by S14wayz »

cleantune wrote:Man, sorry to hear that. Tubular would be a great solution; could even have the tubular front attached with a sleeved bolt in kind of setup for quick change/removal. Swapping engines would be a breeze, hah. As I'm sure you know, these tube front ends and front bash bars can also be designed to purposely "give" for safety purposes too; with the angles and diameter material used. NASCAR cage fabricators have some cool tips too that help make a tube setup safer as well.
This is exactly what I was thinking! I'm going to contact the people that do the vehicle inspections and see if this is a viable option.
I couldn't imagine it being a problem...my uncle just got his "Locost" inspected and got it passed. He made the whole thing out of square tubing.
mewantkouki wrote:S15 and S14 core supports are pretty much identical. They can be had for $200 + shipping. I'd pass on the tubular stuff especially on a street car.
Thats really good to know, Initially I briefly looked at supports and I saw the OEM ones at about 700 USD. I will have to do some more digging.
My S14 Build Thread
S14wayz

Post by S14wayz »

Spent some time working on the front fender. Its actually coming along quite well....so far:

Found a kouki carbon fibre hood locally on craigslist for a great price.. going to go check that out this weekend.

The front bumper just needs a tiny bit of fiberglass on the back for support then fill the one crack on the side. Its barely damaged luckily.
My S14 Build Thread
mewantkouki

Post by mewantkouki »

cleantune
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by cleantune »

Wow, you did work on that fender! That's looking great. All the contours look spot on; must have taken a lot of time and finesse to coax that metal back to shape.

Whats the plan for the head light? Does it still work (with new bulbs? There was a video by Nori Yaro on youtube, in which an R32 used..I think it was a foglight as a head light to night race on Ebisu tracks; not that I'm suggesting that :mrgreen:
For SALE !!! >>http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 44#p537044 <<

Buildthread: http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 46#p537046
instagram: @cleantune / @siks_tehn_racing
S14wayz

Post by S14wayz »

cleantune wrote:.
Wow, you did work on that fender! That's looking great. All the contours look spot on; must have taken a lot of time and finesse to coax that metal back to shape.

Whats the plan for the head light? Does it still work (with new bulbs? There was a video by Nori Yaro on youtube, in which an R32 used..I think it was a foglight as a head light to night race on Ebisu tracks; not that I'm suggesting that :mrgreen:
Thanks man :). Yeah it took awhile but less than expected. The horn shaped body work tool fit right into the bottom front of the fender and I just slowly worked it out. Getting the main shape by bending it was the tough part.

I got really lucky actually someone just happened to post a right kouki headlight (what are the chances lol). It has a rock chip in it going all the way through but I'm going to use some clear epoxy or something and see if I can fill it in. Got it for 30 bucks so worth a shot!

Going to check out the hood tonight will post pics later!
My S14 Build Thread
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

Excellent work on that fender

So, that will bolt right in to an S14?
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
mewantkouki

Post by mewantkouki »

Pretty much, I think the tabs on the sides just need to be trimmed. It looks almost identical to the kouki support in my car.
S14wayz

Post by S14wayz »

Yeah they look pretty similar and it's wayy cheaper. I'll definatly look into that option some more
My S14 Build Thread