finally building my ka :-)

This is for all those PICTURE THREADS ONLY. Motor installs, product writeups, showing off your car, put the thread in here.
signals13
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Re: finally building my ka :-)

Post by signals13 »

Yeah dj_smooth if you are available tomorrow around 3-4pm my time which may be around 6 or 7pm your time I'll text or call you.
So I was messing with my car today and watching the MAF volts I was only hitting 2.4 v max on boost. Also I found out that I got the K-Constant (when on load) and Latency (when in idle) backwards >< I feel like an idiot. We'll moving forward I started adjusting both and the car seems so much better now idle and under load. It's pretty late now and I have to get some more fuel to try the car out tomorrow again see how everything is going, thanks to everyone for the help I will keep you guys updated :-)
dj_smooth
240sx Wannabe

Post by dj_smooth »

I'm in oklahoma.
signals13

Post by signals13 »

Yeah so I tried to start my car today....... found out that one of my injectors is failing :-(
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

It could just be sticking. Take her for a drive and be easy. Throw some cleaner or a little oil in gas to help her out. Once it gets better, beat her up and it will free itself hopefully.
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
neverlift

Post by neverlift »

top feed? you can very lightly tap the sides. Are you sure its not pulsing? I use the screwdriver to the injector and my ear, it makes a pronounced click.
signals13

Post by signals13 »

Sorry guys I should've checked but didn't, but I ended up taking all 4 injectors to a local shop that inspects, cleans, and installs new o-rings so I got them back today and car is running better thanks. I also called dj_smooth I think he was speaking another language cause I only caught a couple words lol jk :-)
But thanks for the help and advice, car is running a lot better just need to keep messing with it I'm getting closer.
signals13

Post by signals13 »

So I was able to get a permit and insurance for 2 weeks and took some time to go to a buddies house who built and tuned his 700 hp supra. He definitely knows what he is talking about cause he found a couple issues with the tune that I worked on lol. When I was on boost the car would start to hesitate and lean out so he had me change the fuel pump and he also found a couple small vacuum leaks and a loose ground. So I changed the pump and got those other things situated and it is finally starting to feel responsive I think as soon as I can get it on a Dyno to do a couple pulls and more adjustments it will be golden :-). Thank you to everyone who has helped me so far and keep on boosting.
signals13

Post by signals13 »

Hello! !
What's up everyone just checking in letting you guys know the engine is still running strong after a year of fun, I am in a s14 t28 at 15psi no dyno yet tho lol.
40ozsx
NooB

Post by 40ozsx »

I'm fairly new to this forum and to to my s13 hatch as well. And although you have a dual cam ka and I have a single cam, I'm taking lots of pointers. Currently taking everything apart to send block to a machine shop. Would it be smarter to send the head as well?
I know I'm getting a pretty loud knock, but what exactly would I be asking a machinist? Like as far as boring and honing? Same for the head.?
Some current pics of your build would be dope!!
Keep it up man.
signals13

Post by signals13 »

40ozsx wrote:I'm fairly new to this forum and to to my s13 hatch as well. And although you have a dual cam ka and I have a single cam, I'm taking lots of pointers. Currently taking everything apart to send block to a machine shop. Would it be smarter to send the head as well?
I know I'm getting a pretty loud knock, but what exactly would I be asking a machinist? Like as far as boring and honing? Same for the head.?
Some current pics of your build would be dope!!
Keep it up man.
Hello welcome and build it right the first time and you'll have fun for a long time. Yes take the head with the block, also take the timing and valve covers. Loud knock could be a few things; timing chain, sticking valves or rockers, even when rod bearings. What you would be asking the machinist depends on what type of build your going for; stock, mild, or fully built. Regardless everything needs to be cleaned and put into spec. While it's apart rod and main bearings replaced, valve seals replaced, freeze plugs are easier at that time too. Just Google it, post on here I'll help with what I can, or even search this site lots of great posts here and great people, have fun bro.
signals13

Post by signals13 »

Update**
Haven't been on here in a while. New/different parts:
*S14 Garrett t28 (jb)
*sr20 light weight pulleys
*Grounding kit
*Stainless steel coolant and oil lines.
Next on the list is body work and paint, oh yeah and still haven't dyno tested yet so not sure on power levels.
240Life
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by 240Life »

I like your custom piping configuration. Is your pcv connected to that catch can on the front of the motor?
signals13

Post by signals13 »

Thanks bro, yea is running to the oil catch can.
signals13

Post by signals13 »

Update 3/27/2016
Greddy turbo setup, still missing a few pieces.