Re: airman's build - 9/6 video time

This is for all those PICTURE THREADS ONLY. Motor installs, product writeups, showing off your car, put the thread in here.
240sxpt
Dreams of owning a 240!

Re: airman's 600hp strip/street rocket build thread

Post by 240sxpt »

best seen so far ;-) love it
airman
KA-T.org OWNER

Post by airman »

**** is getting surr'us, guys

R.I.P. 1990 Red Hatch - DOHC 5 speed // CP 9:1 - Eagle Rods - Clevite - ARP // Holset HX35 - 20psi daily - MSPNP2
8-bit wrote:You could spend your life building a ladder to the moon, or work for 5 years to pay for a trip.
shift_down
SuperMod

Post by shift_down »

Come at me bro

Fast
Reliable
Cheap;
You can only pick two, so choose wisely!

My build thread: viewtopic.php?t=57539
airman
KA-T.org OWNER

Post by airman »

Oh yeah. Super serial.

R.I.P. 1990 Red Hatch - DOHC 5 speed // CP 9:1 - Eagle Rods - Clevite - ARP // Holset HX35 - 20psi daily - MSPNP2
8-bit wrote:You could spend your life building a ladder to the moon, or work for 5 years to pay for a trip.
240sxpt
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by 240sxpt »

nananananaaaaaaa, mine's gonna be more beutifull dude, sry to say it, but that's a fact xD muahahahahahah
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

240sxpt wrote:nananananaaaaaaa, mine's gonna be more beutifull dude, sry to say it, but that's a fact xD muahahahahahah
I bet yours won't be as fast though. That's the important part!
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
240sxpt
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by 240sxpt »

ahahahahaha, fast isn't the car, it's they guys who drives it.
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

Looking good. Hopefully we can get that race we always wanted.
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
airman
KA-T.org OWNER

Post by airman »

240sxpt wrote:ahahahahaha, fast isn't the car, it's they guys who drives it.
Haha to some extent, maybe, but a couple hundred extra horsepower certainly helps ;D
supakat wrote:Looking good. Hopefully we can get that race we always wanted.
Thank you sir. And yeah..maybe so! It would be pretty legendary, haha.
240sxpt
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by 240sxpt »

it sure does xD, now no more invade in the tread
S14wayz
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by S14wayz »

airman wrote:Oh yeah. Super serial.

dudududude its in. That manifold looks like it could suck me in hoooly shmokes. Looks like the hx40 with that mani clears the brake master cylinder pretty nice??
My S14 Build Thread
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=59534
airman
KA-T.org OWNER

Post by airman »

Oh I am loving the manifold. I've always run stock manifolds which don't leave a lot of room underneath. This thing is awesome :D

BMC clearance is okay. I'll get a picture in a bit. I've got a turbo blanket and I will put reflectors/foil tape where I feel it is necessary, though :)
S14wayz

Post by S14wayz »

Yeah im gonna chop off the stock mani runners and make my own something like that one. I been having trouble sourcing a blank plenum though. I wonder what happened to those godspeed manifolds for the ka
My S14 Build Thread
240sxpt
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by 240sxpt »

they just went from 200dollars to 800, so everybody takes a nice big walk around it xD. also heard that the gsp mainfold had a poor finnishing touch
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

Looks like legal action is being taken against Godspeed. Glad I got mine for $200. Casting is rough but works for me.
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

240sxpt wrote:they just went from 200dollars to 800, so everybody takes a nice big walk around it xD. also heard that the gsp mainfold had a poor finnishing touch
Holy carp! I thought you were joking, but here's one with a "Buy it Now" for $1400: http://www.ebay.com/itm/240sx-s13-s14-k ... 06&vxp=mtr There's another one on there for $1000 buy it now.

I'd love to meet the idiot who would buy that when you can have the real deal Xcessive manifold for $465.

Wait, no I wouldn't.
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
S14wayz

Post by S14wayz »

Yeah I went on and saw $1000 and couldn't believe it lol what a joke. The old godspeed ones looked half decent for 200 bucks could whip out the grinder and smooth things out and work as good as the xsessive
My S14 Build Thread
torquefreaks
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by torquefreaks »

this intake looks deadly
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

S14wayz wrote:Yeah I went on and saw $1000 and couldn't believe it lol what a joke. The old godspeed ones looked half decent for 200 bucks could whip out the grinder and smooth things out and work as good as the xsessive
http://godspeedproject.com/
As Godspeed Project kept growing over the years, we have found more and more opportunities to improve our products.

Today, Godspeed project are pleased to announce that we have decided to change the focus of the company. Starting April, 1 2014, Godspeed project will no longer produce any non-suspension related products. We will only specialize in suspension development such as coil-over systems, sway bars, control arms, camber kits and suspension related product.

Our new R&D department will work closely with different high standard manufactures. We will choose the highest quality materials in all of our products. We are confident that with the change of our company direction we will be able to provide the car enthusiasts community ever better quality and well designed performance parts. We will also prove the community that with Godspeed Project's products, you do not just get what you asked for, it is that plus some more. That is what we strive for.

Thank you for all of your support throughout the years

Team Godspeed Project
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
S14wayz

Post by S14wayz »

^ Ohhhh no wonder. I went on there site the other day and saw nothing but suspension components. Hm, I wonder how well that will work out for them. I bet its always hard for a ebay style company to finally break out into a higher quality buyer market like this.
My S14 Build Thread
S14wayz

Post by S14wayz »

Airman! Do you know the specs on your hx40? Like size of the comp and turbine wheel?
My S14 Build Thread
airman
KA-T.org OWNER

Post by airman »

I know it is at least the 17cm2 housing according to the previous owner, but I have not yet taken the housings off. I have a rebuild kit and I probably won't take off the housings until it's time to rebuild it.

Sooo a minor update:

-Oil and fuel lines are complete
-Harness is complete, soldered, heatshrunk, and taped nicely
-Basic wiring check everything seems okay (no shorts, voltage where it should be, grounds are continuous)
-Powered on MS3 and turned distributor by hand. Got plenty of clicking from the injectors and coils so they seem to be working. I have yet to connect my laptop to it in order to set it up further.
-Blocked off one of the coolant bypasses. I still need to block off the 3/4" outlet behind the thermostat and the heater core outlet on the block. Anyone have good practice on that? With the 3/4" I have some hose I was going to seal shut with a bolt, but that's ghetto. I don't want to try to weld this one shut (I imagined pulling out the nipple and leaving it down to the hole in the aluminum). Same with the heater core outlet - pretty sure that it is 3/8 BSP. I know it isn't NPT. I know I can cut up the current elbow and weld it shut, but that's still another leak-point. Looks like Grainger sells BSPT plugs. In fact, I'll order a few. If they work, I can save others on shipping.

So let's see what is left:

-I need to find what bolts to use for driveshaft-to-diff bolts. Pretty sure they're regular M10 size.
-Once D/S is in place I will tighten down motor/tranny mounts. Don't want to lock down the engine crookedly :)
-Finish blocking off this coolant nonsense
-Connect to & configure/setup MS3 (base tune + sequential injection + LS2 coils) - I will start this today.
-Verify the fuel pump relay trigger wire is functioning - I can do this today
-Drain old, bad fuel and replace with new good fuel (+ HEET and other additives for those first few gallons)
-Flush/bleed brakes and clutch (I will do this today)
-Mount intercooler and begin fabbing up the cold pipe. I'm pretty sure I can make the hot pipe I have work. I will start on this today
-Lock down intake/exhaust manifolds
-Button up turbo/downpipe/wastegate/dumptube
-Mount/plumb radiator and power up fans (relay + trigger is already pulled to the location)
-Fill oil, coolant, tranny fluid
-Bolt up short shifter/plate
-Swear and cuss while working my way through getting the thing to start

Unfortunately, the original radiator I ordered was damaged in shipment. They did not have a replacement so I managed to find a used one for sale. It took longer to get in the mail than I was expecting, so it could be Tuesday or later before we get to hear any noise from it :/

There's still plenty I can do to keep myself busy between now and then though, but I was hoping to hear her roar some (albeit without my cold pipe) earlier on. Oh well. Patience is the name of the game!

Stay tuned. And don't worry, I have a brand new water outlet neck ready to go on instead of the ugly smeared orange one. :D
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

S14wayz wrote:That manifold looks like it could suck me in hoooly shmokes.
torquefreak wrote:this intake looks deadly
It is indeed a bad@ss intake. It came off one of the baddest KA24 S13's to ever hit the streets... R@mon's old S13 coupe.
Walk around vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hntjb9iGtOs
And here it is making a '03 Cobra it's b!tch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7DDblmDfWs

Hopefully Airman will have some similar videos up in due time. Can't wait!
airman
KA-T.org OWNER

Post by airman »

You've got that right. I watch that cobra video at least few times a week, and it gives me chills knowing I have a piece of that setup. If I can live up to this intake's history, I will be a very happy boy :)

I believe I definitely have the potential to get there. Not with my HX40, but that's about all I would have to change out. If I am ever able to reach the limit of the stock head studs, I will consider starting a new special block on the side for Phase 3.
S14wayz

Post by S14wayz »

airman wrote:You've got that right. I watch that cobra video at least few times a week, and it gives me chills knowing I have a piece of that setup. If I can live up to this intake's history, I will be a very happy boy :)

I believe I definitely have the potential to get there. Not with my HX40, but that's about all I would have to change out. If I am ever able to reach the limit of the stock head studs, I will consider starting a new special block on the side for Phase 3.
bro I got an hx55 ready to ship to you when youre ready hahah
My S14 Build Thread
airman
KA-T.org OWNER

Post by airman »

Intercooler mounted. Fabbing up cold pipe. Rawr

The intercooler actually held up my body weight (albeit 165lb) once mounted, haha. I used 1/8" x 1" angle iron welded up on the bottom. This 4" core intercooler has to weigh at least 30 lbs.

SOHC alternator gear for P/S delete :)
S14wayz

Post by S14wayz »

how do you get coolant temp readings? that mani have one underneath the coolant neck or something?
My S14 Build Thread
airman
KA-T.org OWNER

Post by airman »

S14wayz wrote:how do you get coolant temp readings? that mani have one underneath the coolant neck or something?
That's right :)
airman
KA-T.org OWNER

Post by airman »

So Saturday I changed the clutch in my G35 with the help of my dad. There wasn't much left:

Made a few cuts/did some figuring Saturday after that, but not much else. Yesterday made a little more progress on the cold pipe, got my fuel pump relay wired to a switch (MS3 wasn't turning it on for some reason). Got the driveshaft up and then my differential/transmission/motor mount bolts tightened up (it's a good idea to make sure your drive line is aligned before you lock down your motor/trans mounts).

Sorry for the potato quality. My SLR is a pain to transfer pictures compared to auto upload with Dropbox haha.

Had a good bead going here. I think by the time I finish welding up the cold pipe I will be pretty good at aluminum :)

Dealing with some bad fitment and stopped here. I'm going to put more heat into the bottom part when I start it back up first. I can close that hole starting to open up if I take my time. Keeping my electrode clean and keeping the tip of my filler rod in the gas flow are the things I'm trying to get better at now.

Startup hopefully in a day or two. I pumped the old fuel out of the bottom of the tank and need to put some fresh stuff in. I will start up with regular gasoline but will move to E85 shortly after it's on the road. Startup (hopefully) in a day or two. My 3/8 BSP plugs get here today so I think I can finish my coolant block-off operations for the block. The next challenge will be getting the MS3 set up correctly. It's not as PNP as the PNP, haha :)

As a loner with no friends I am going to go by Radioshack today and make a neat little wired remote starter I can use to hit the starter while watching my timing light.

-Going to finish up the cold pipe and order my 3.25" coupler
-Plug off coolant lines finally (hopefully)
-Make remote starter switch
-Set base timing, verify all MS3 settings

I think that's a good to-do list for today :) Stay tuned
Ada180sx
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by Ada180sx »

To set my timing, I just put a small alligator clamp with wire on the starter solenoid positive lead, put the key in the "Run" position, then touch the other end of the wire to your positive battery terminal.