portuguese 240 ka

This is for all those PICTURE THREADS ONLY. Motor installs, product writeups, showing off your car, put the thread in here.
s13240
Dreams of owning a 240!

Re: portuguese 240 ka

Post by s13240 »

awww **** that sucks man. keep at it and don't give up.
240sxpt
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by 240sxpt »

can i use the 91cams in a 96 engine? or will it not fit? as i got the 96 engine laying here i'm going to swap the parts in to that engine and rebuilt this block later on. rotary parts are all the same for what i know, but the head is slightly different so will it fit?
cham
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by cham »

91 aka hot cams are suppose to be a good upgrade. Bigger cams than any other year ka24de engine.
240sxpt
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by 240sxpt »

that's nice, will paint the engine bay metalic purple, excessive mainfold and rewire it all to get rid of uneeded cables as it will become a driftcar and not a daily car. can't drive it on the road, police here are too strict
240sxpt
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by 240sxpt »

well, last time wasn't a blown HG or broke head, was the intake mainfold that came loose a little bit, don't know how. after i fixed the little problem she ran great and went to a drift event. bad choice, as it still had a vaccum leak or something i guess. anyway, i ***** the engine up.
here are some pics:

stupid me is gonna cost me alot.......
Gotenks64
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by Gotenks64 »

What is that all over the Cylinder? And I am sorry man...I feel your pain I Haven't turn my car above 6psi because I don't want to f**k anything.
Built Head w/ BC stage two 264/264 Cams
Cosmetic Head Gasket
.020 Over Bore with Wiseco 9:1
Eagle Rods
Fully balanced rotating assembly
Stock flywheel
Spec Stage 3+ Clutch
ARP'ed Everything
Clevite Bearings
SARD 850cc Injectors
240sxpt
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by 240sxpt »

the piece on top is a part of the valve. this engine is for the junkyard, cilinder walls are all grooved up, so can't bore it over. head is as you see it. ready for junkyard also.......gonna swap the parts into the other engine i have here, hope it goes well this time
SoundEfx
240sx Wannabe

Post by SoundEfx »

I feel your pain man.

Good luck on the rebuild.
Image << Yuh dun know!!
Cross......... Angry........ Miserable.........
SoundEfx up in here causing trouble......
"I'm a BAD man... BAD man doh dance..." ...... " That bam-bam is ..MINE..!! "
240sxpt
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by 240sxpt »

hello my dear companions =D, been a long time since i've posted and have been pretty busy on the car, not many pictures though.

well after i scrapped together all the pieces for the rebuild on the other engine i had here it was time to start to dig in.
used the same crankshaft;rods;valve springs; cams from the previous build. put on new water pump, oil pump, pistons and valves (and all the gaskets ofc). but it all takes too long here in europe, even from the uk i bought some parts and was long 2/3weeks before i had them.....

anyway, did the whole harness tuck and it was a **** load pain in the ass. cut wires, weld wires, rewire....did the whole thing
ain't got any pictures of it cus i wanted to keep my head clear and only focus on the engine, as i have to do everything on my own (friends i have is best if they stay far away from the car lol)

build is actually the same, just no iavc. (also a little side question, the car runs great without the tps plugged in, revs up all the way, does the same with tps but it stalls at the 2/3krpm a little bit. anyone got any input on that?)

should have painted the engine bay, but it got 0 rust on it and the budget got thight so i said fck it, still pretty clean in m opinion

now still got a problem, the car runs great, but idle is still not as it should be, get 15/16 afr on the wideband. checked and saw no leaks, tried to adjust the idle a little bit with the plate and cas to see if it got better but no, always the same hot or cold doesn't matter. pulling it goes to 10.7-11 so it within the marge i think.

i'll try to get a video of it tommorow see if u guys can guess what it is.