s13 coupin

This is for all those PICTURE THREADS ONLY. Motor installs, product writeups, showing off your car, put the thread in here.
Panterabikr
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

s13 coupin

Post by Panterabikr »

Got a little over my head with power goals but...here we go lol

Pretty much all stock 93, came with a few basic bolt-on's (Injen intake, Tension Rods, Strut Bars) and an over-heated 96 ka. Came with the 93 motor too halfway together and miscellaneous parts... Initially I was gonna pull the motor fix it up and get er goin but when I went to pump the lift nothing happened..and for some reason i decided to tear everything outta the chassis. All wiring and harnesses were removed and i wanted to put back only what i wanted and needed. Definitely learned a lot gettin it all back together but this is gonna be a bit of a build thread if you will ha. If it looks effed up lemme know bro ..spent way too much money on this bi*ch to do it wrong.

I don't take too many pics but i will now that i started this. Fast forward a month--------
Megan 5 lug conversion all 4..Circuit Sports RUCA's..new S14 blanks with Red stuff pads in the rear, new 300zx front rotor's caliper's and Red stuff pads, SS conversion lines. Some cheap 16's kinda nervous about how light they are ha. Firestone Firehawks 225 50's up front 245's for the rear. Aaand Megan Track Series coils..

It's almost pointless to post these kinda pics ha can't really tell what's goin on

This plug and another go to the center radio/shifter faceplate thing below
H/L ON, H/L HI, Daylights, ACC ON. In the middle it's a keyed switch for ignition on, green light in the middle for sh!ts and giggles and turbro push start on the right with the relay on the back side.

Bought some molex connectors and used whatever good spares i could to make a lotta this unpluggagabable
The shiny shiz is foil tape..i gutted the heater ducts and removed everything but the window defrost piece, spent a retarded amount of time with a hot glue gun and tape sealing everything off, from the blower to the vent.

Blower motor fan control and 2 step/launch switch..using that light for it too

puppyyy

It's an extra engine in the bay for now so i know where to get everything mounted buutt
Are those coil packs too close to the turbo? i'm watercooling it along with oil obviously but i really don't know how that's gonna work out

I'll come up with a list o parts later i'm worried as sh!t to see how much money i went through though lol
240sxpt
Dreams of owning a 240!

Re: s13 coupin

Post by 240sxpt »

looks neat mate. one question, is that intake gasket reusable? i bought one also as mine gave out.

if i were you i would put a new oem termometer and fix the dizzy(don't know the name but i think it's what you call it. the spark regulator with the blue shjt on it xD) get a new one or a nice cap for it. with such a pretty engine it's a shame to have a ugly thing like that..

also the coils are to think about, they are pretty close to the exaust. they might heat up alot.

good luck with her mate
Panterabikr

Post by Panterabikr »

Thanks man I'm pretty sure the gasket's reusable it's a pretty tough plastic..termometer? like thermostat or the temp sensor?
I started runnin outta money fast i wanna get a decent dizzy cap buutt plastic and a propane torch worked too ha

I don't even know where to begin this is what's been purchased in the last few months and i will miss some shiz but here it is:

Full Race Turbo Kit-gt3082r with manifold and downpipe all black coated
CP 9:1 20 over pistons with Eagle H Beams
Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams, retainers and springs, oversized valves and guides **** ain't cheap lol
ARP and Clevite everything
Xcessive intake (kinda wish i hadn't got it now i coulda done something with my stock plenum...)
D585 Coils
Injector Dynamics 1000cc top feeds
OBX Fuel Rail
Ebay AFPR
AEM EMS-4
AEM UEGO Wideband Gauge Kit
AEM TRU Boost (Pointless if you go standalone, gonna try to just use the gauge tapped to map for readings only)
AEM Oil PSI Gauge with stainless sensor don't remember the bar
AEM 5 Bar MAP sensor
Mishimoto Radiator
Godspeed 3" intercooler pipe kit
Still waiting since beginning of August for the intercooler..FORCEDFAB IS A JOKE, read a few other not so good experiences with them i wish i woulda seen before i did that....
Tial MV-R 44mm Wastegate
Tial BOV came with full race kit
SS lines for the oil and water cooling through turbo and wastegate (Doing water for ease of mind how close those coils are,,might help)
All the fittings, still need a couple few
RB20/25 Flywheel With Exedy 350z clutch..kind've an impulse buy ha i got anxious but we'll see how it goes
Megan Track Series Coils
Megan 5 lug all around
new s14 blanks with red stuff pads in the rear rebuilt the stock calipers
new 300zx front rotors with new calipers and red stuff pads with ss conversion lines
some cheap 16's, 245 50's in the back 225's up front
and as all of you know all the little ****...i still need some things but i gotta get what i have together first

I'm going to do my own driveshaft nikkas want like 300 bucks for a steel one..measure measure measure
Probably going to weld the diff unless i break down for an lsd. I have no plans on goin full tokyo drift with this thing i just want a fun streetable high hp car, that's it. i know i went overboard but i wanted room for improvement down the road bro

I'll be out at the shop again later today take some more pics
Panterabikr

Post by Panterabikr »

Oh yeah it's a 96 ka all machine work done i've got the short block together and i'm in the process of takin the valve guides out so i can get the head to the machine shop..anyone got an easy way to do it seems like i'm just destroying the guides instead of pushing them out...
torquefreaks
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by torquefreaks »

LOOKING VERY NICE!!
Panterabikr

Post by Panterabikr »

Thanks man
240sxpt
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by 240sxpt »

take a bolt, make it the same diameter as the valve guides, then make the top the same diameter as the valves. then just hit them with a silicone hammer or something. that's what i would do. and if they break well.....fck it xD. i got the luxury of having no women or kids, so all the money i get i spend on the car xD ahahahahaha
Panterabikr

Post by Panterabikr »

I'm down with fruckin em up jus not the head..they get reamed out anyway though right?
240sxpt
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by 240sxpt »

yeah i think so. but you can look on youtube, there is probably some crazy brazilian showing how to do it xD
Panterabikr

Post by Panterabikr »

Hmmmmmmm......
I tried using a propane torch last night but still didn't really get anywhere with getting the guides out. The engine was overheated could that be making them stick? Anyway gave up and worked on smore wiring..
Going to my fan relay up front, using gpio 2 to trigger it.
I live in warshington and this isn't a very dry place, so making everything fairly water worthy is a huuge part of the harnesses.
Notice how taped up stock harnesses are it keeps those wires almost new 20 years later
Panterabikr

Post by Panterabikr »

I'm planning on runnin my water lines for turbo an wg on driver side of the block..
I'm gonna try this as my feed. It's right after the pump so i'm assuming there should be some pressure
And for the return it's goin to the drain plug under cyl #3 and #4.
I didn't put the ps bracket on until after i drilled the hole...but it should work. I have two 6 an male bungs to weld on keep it neat and sealed.
Oil feed is coming from stock filter block thing, one hole is oil psi sensor the other drilled and tapped for 4 an ss line. Drain is that oil pan thing i made dunno if it's gonna work but sure looks like it will
TrackStarGT
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by TrackStarGT »

nice! I love to see things done differently.
Daily Driver: 2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7 TRD
Project and DD: 1995 Nissan 240sx Frankenstein

I live and breathe physics, mechanics, motorsports!!

My build thread viewtopic.php?f=40&t=60602
SoundEfx
240sx Wannabe

Post by SoundEfx »

Nice.

That is one huge garage.
Let me borrow some of that space....lol
Image << Yuh dun know!!
Cross......... Angry........ Miserable.........
SoundEfx up in here causing trouble......
"I'm a BAD man... BAD man doh dance..." ...... " That bam-bam is ..MINE..!! "
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

Oil pan looks good. I guess you don't plan on running a/c. Good luck with build.
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
Panterabikr

Post by Panterabikr »

Long story with the garage but, it was my grandfather's shop awhile ago he passed and grandma didn't have any need for it so i really lucked out..
No need for ac that's what the windows are for bro.. I made different harnesses for the doors because i removed the auto locks, and kinda wanted to know how the window circuit worked..looks pretty sick i knew i wasn't going to sell this car so i looked at it like a blank canvas lol without worrying about keeping anything stock, just street legal and street comfortable
240sxpt
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by 240sxpt »

just one thing.....isn't the drain plug under cyl#3 and #4 a pressurised one? i thought the drain was a cold water line and could be used to feed the turbo...

my feed comes from the drain and then the hot water goes to the side nipple on the intake mainfold ( where the tubes to the trottlebody used to be)
Panterabikr

Post by Panterabikr »

I'm just assuming that right after the water pump should be some good pressurized water..and the water travels up the motor as it's heated so in thinkin that drain should work good along with my feed setup. We'll see what happens
Panterabikr

Post by Panterabikr »

Watched a video on removing the valve guides, guy used a pipe and a long threaded bolt..i didn't want to make a trip for those two things soo this is how i did it
5/16X18 perfect tap size for the guides

Basically the same way it's done in the youtube video

15 more after that..

The bolt i used was the alternator tensioner bolt i'm pretty sure, and a few different length sockets. Oh and a couple washers
Panterabikr

Post by Panterabikr »

adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

Nice work so far. Keep it up!
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
Panterabikr

Post by Panterabikr »

TrackStarGT

Post by TrackStarGT »

This is fun and impressive!!

Tyrell240
240sx Wannabe

Post by Tyrell240 »

Love coupes! Very nice build dude. I'm in WA too where are you located?
I'm new so take it easy... But if it's easy take it twice
Panterabikr

Post by Panterabikr »

I live in Shelton but the car is in hoodsport..boost mobile nigga where you at
Panterabikr

Post by Panterabikr »

The wiring is something i'm not really gonna go into detail with, I didn't take many pics of the process and there's just so much to it. Every one does their own wiring differently and that was probably the worst part of the whole thing lol, not many references. Basically it all comes down to what you want and how much work/money you're willing to put into it. Looking back i wish i would have left atleast the chassis harness ha.
To anyone wanting to do a tuck, or re wire the whole fruckin thing, print as much of the el section in the fsm as you can and study the sh!t outta it...
It looks way worse than it actually is , just need to sleeve those wires it'll clean up

Yesterday I ran a few more things over the dash bar over to the stock cluster, I almost had a home made cluster piece had the half oval cut with 18g stainless with a couple holes for Tach and Temp...then said why am i doing this lol. I have a HUD that I thought i was going to sell...nope
Figured it out ha only took 4 er 5 molta-vation breaks

Tranny sensors i'm using REV NEU 4TH and VSS..Neutral for idle since i'm not gonna be using iacv
I know I know with the stock tranny...run it for the break in period i have 2 more one of which is a single cam tranny so i'll prolly use those up before i come up to z32..i have rb25 flywheel and 350z exedy clutch for now
Tyrell240
240sx Wannabe

Post by Tyrell240 »

I'm up in lake Stevens. Pretty far north but we'll have to meet up this summer one you get her on the road
Panterabikr

Post by Panterabikr »

Hell yeah.. seems like boosted ka's are few and far between up here, everyone went rb or sr
Tyrell240
240sx Wannabe

Post by Tyrell240 »

Yup. Sr, rb and a million zip ties is the theme up here. I'm doing the same thing you are. Building a fun to drive street car. Not into drifting just a huge fan of the s chassis.
TrackStarGT

Post by TrackStarGT »

Tyrell240 wrote:Yup. Sr, rb and a million zip ties is the theme up here. I'm doing the same thing you are. Building a fun to drive street car. Not into drifting just a huge fan of the s chassis.
YES!!! Exactly, that't my position as well.!

SoundEfx
240sx Wannabe

Post by SoundEfx »

I'll join in the WA S Chassis love.....lol.
Redmond WA here, so I'm not too far from you S13 Coupin.

Wicked progress on the car man. At this pace you should be running before Spring.
Image << Yuh dun know!!
Cross......... Angry........ Miserable.........
SoundEfx up in here causing trouble......
"I'm a BAD man... BAD man doh dance..." ...... " That bam-bam is ..MINE..!! "