2nd time around

This is for all those PICTURE THREADS ONLY. Motor installs, product writeups, showing off your car, put the thread in here.
adamky
SuperMod

Re: 2nd time around

Post by adamky »

cham wrote:I also got in front of the tanga Lang everytime. We got to town and his girl was laughing. He said I can't mess with you on the big end. I said man this is only a 4 cylinder. He said yeah but it's turbo'd.
Tanga lang?
cham wrote:I had no idea the car would peg the dash and still pull. I have plenty of power left I feel. I cleaned my system out buy running a tank of 93 so when I went back on e85 my afr hit 10.9 but that's cool. I usually play around with my fpr but I said Id rather be rich then lean. Some ass whippings are coming. Aem, new precision plus 275 tires and maybe a trans swap..that's a parts list I need to work on and. Another easy $2,000+ I need to spend.
Do you know how big your current turbo is? Have you measured the wheel or anything? You're going to like the 5858. My 5857 spools a quicker than I thought it would. It starts making boost at 3000.

I kind of wish I had an RS tune so I could just start cranking boost. I'm having to create my tune from scratch and its slow going because I'm just not that great at tuning. I gotta stick with 5 psi until I get it running really good. Then I can start slowly cranking up the boost. I really wish I knew an experienced Nissan ECU tuning guy nearby to help me dial it in.

Also, how do you like the poly mounts?
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
cham
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by cham »

I had the specs written down but couldn't get the formula to match any of turbonetics specs. for all I know it maybe rebuilt. I got it from a honda guy. I've put seals in it twice and can't stop the small oil leak it has. It starts spooling at 1700. The front cover is bigger than my last t3t4 turbonetics. My thought on it is this. I may have had a 50 trim before and this one maybe a 57. The back is 63ar. I like 15psi. It scares me on a cool night on dark roads at night. 20+ is gonna beheart pounding..when you move up in boost I'm sure it will spool fast and hard. The technology in your turbo far better then what I'm using.
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

Holy crap. If it's spooling @ 1700, I don't think it's a 57 trim.

In higher gears, mine starts to spool around ~2700. In 2nd and 3rd, it's almost @ 3000. Maybe just a hair before 3000.
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
cham

Post by cham »

Today was my towns cruise-in. We relive the 80's and 90's evey 4th Sunday of the summer. Everyone in my town and surrounding areas bring out all types of cars and cruise. Well today it turned into a full day of burn outs and some drag racing. Uptown yeah I know. But the cops didn't even bother coming down our street because the wealthy business owners and cops race, and ride bikes. I killed a frinds 2015 mustang auto with a intake and tuner twice. The kid with the 2009 gsxr 750 rolled up and is still trying to by my car. I beat him buy a fender and few weeks ago infront of 2 of his friends that ride 600's..we both left those guys when we hit. So far I'm enjoying the car. My 4 port boost selinoid came in. Now I'm waiting on the map and bigger turbo b4 the aem goes in. I always feel my car is slow. Obviously it's not all that bad. We have a new stage being built at the end of the cruise street witch is the town square. We always have a car show and live band in that area. Today was a good day
cham

Post by cham »

2016-04-25 18.54.51.jpg
New weighted shift knob
cham

Post by cham »

Messing around and road the clutch while power braking in 2nd gear and also stayed on the brake. I also hit the gas was to much lol.
2016-05-08 21.55.12.jpg
. I welded my comp clutch that has over 3,000 miles and still chatters and pulls when I take off in 1st just like the 1st time I drove it. In other words the clutch was still very fresh. I ordered a new Act 6 puck today. Can't wait to get past the break in again. So I can drive it like I stole it.
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

Holy crap man! Was this the Competition Clutch setup? Even if you abused it, i cant believe it did that.
cham

Post by cham »

I've Googled this and others have done it. You can weld your disk if you ride the clutch and give the engine to much gas. Think about it. Your disk is touching but not clamped by having the clutch pressed some. Then you spin the engine 4,000rpm or better. Your gonna rub everything together and it heats up. In my case I had been driving the car all day and was about to park it and decided to do a nice power brake 1st. Totally my fault.
cham

Post by cham »

I have a new Act ordered. Now I just need to fund out today can the chromoly fw be resurfaced or just buy a new 1. It has a few pieces stuck to it also.
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

That's wild. Did you have to pry everything apart to get it off? Like, they were literally stuck together like that?
hotbox240
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by hotbox240 »

Was this a white bunny competition clutch you welded?
cham

Post by cham »

Not the comp white bunny. I had a full comp white bunny with the comp white bunny flywheel and it wore out on the edges of the pad in less than a year. It's basically the same 250mm as the 350z pressure plate and disk surface. All I did to mess up the white bunny was a few clutch drops and smoked the tires less then 300 mIles during brake in. The clutch I just messed up was the comp 240mm 300zx. It was a hell of a clutch for only $320 shipped from enjuku. The clutch still pulled like brand new when trying to roll out in 1st gear. It still pulled a chattered like new rolling back in reverse. I let my son drive it last week and he popped the clutch all day trying to take off from stop lights. The clutch was still like new after he drove it. I honestly liked this clutch over the white bunny. My car pull the whole dash and the needle was pointing straight down when I walked away from a new 5.0. The guy told me it was nothing he could do and my car just kept pulling on top end. The comp 300zx clutch was awesome until I screwed it up. I also beat a friends 2015 automatic 3 times from a 2nd gear roll. He has a tune and intake with nitto 555r and I have cheap Chinese 255 on 10.5 wheels.
hooligans661
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by hooligans661 »

You're setup is dope!
cham

Post by cham »

Thanks. Still far from finished
cham

Post by cham »

2016-05-11 21.20.13.jpg
Got everything but to tired from work. I'll have it running by friday.
cham

Post by cham »

2016-06-05 22.07.01.jpg
Attachments
2016-06-05 22.07.01.jpg
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

I notice your intake plenum doesn't have the Xcessive logo in it. Did you grind it off or fill it in or..?? And do you run without an air filter?
cmj
240sx Wannabe

Post by cmj »

adamky wrote:I notice your intake plenum doesn't have the Xcessive logo in it. Did you grind it off or fill it in or..?? And do you run without an air filter?
I know there was a China rep floating around for a while. It could possibly be this? If so... Review? :| :P
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

Ah, I forgot about the knock offs. Makes sense they wouldn't have the logo.
cham

Post by cham »

Same knock off God speed intake that supa kat runs. Other than matching the thermal gasket, I have no issues so far. No boost leaks and it been rtv'd from the guy a got it from. A local guy pulled his ka to go vq and he parted his ka. I got it pretty cheap. It's neater and I have better access to underneath. And no I don't run a filter. I have 1 but I hardly use it.the maf has a screen on it. But I do keep a can of maf cleaner in my trunk. My car felt sluggish with the air filter
Or maybe it was all in my head.
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

It's your car... but I would never run without a filter on a street car. The risks of sucking a bunch of dirt into something spinning at 100,000+ rpm outweigh any possible "benefits", IMO.
cham

Post by cham »

When I get a brand new turbo I plan on using a filter. But on the other hand I see cars all the time with a bare turbo and a wire screen.
superDorifto

Post by superDorifto »

cham wrote:When I get a brand new turbo I plan on using a filter. But on the other hand I see cars all the time with a bare turbo and a wire screen.
**** also drive around without their seatbelts and bang hookers without a condom...that doesn't make it smart.
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

Good to hear shes running strong....Martin's tune still running good I see.
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
cham

Post by cham »

Yeah supa, it's still on Martin's tune. He said I could gain more since the rebuild with cams and all. But I'm not gonna throw anymore money into mail order. I maybe getting married soon, so I can't spend to much more money on it. I need to drop another 4 or 5 grand in her easy. It felt sluggish in 1st and the beginning of second. I noticed it was running rich at wot. I leaned it out to low 11's and now it feels amazing again.
cham

Post by cham »

Cleaning up a Lil bit
Last edited by cham on Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cham

Post by cham »

Attachments
2016-06-14 16.17.41.jpg
cham

Post by cham »

Attachments
2016-06-14 22.16.55.jpg