2nd time around

This is for all those PICTURE THREADS ONLY. Motor installs, product writeups, showing off your car, put the thread in here.
cham
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Re: 2nd time around

Post by cham »

Thanks. It's a handful at 18lbs. Can't wait to get dyno tuned next month with a bigger turbo.
s14fiend
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by s14fiend »

cham wrote:Thanks. It's a handful at 18lbs. Can't wait to get dyno tuned next month with a bigger turbo.

I know dude.... our cars are for drifting and the tires break loose pretty easily..... I ran my car like that daily for a while but non limited slip diff and I would spin 225 street tires like nothing at about 15psi on a t3 57 trim.... I had couple good wins but it was always a hit or miss either I got a good launch or I spun the tires lol....

I never got a chance to dyno tune it but with that PSI I was probably just a hair over 300whp... it's funny how a lot of people want +1000HP these days like the guy in the other post.... I've never been in a car with tires that could hold that kind of power easily... maybe drag radials or slicks would do the trick but everyone looking to build a Halo type car that can do it all... and it's much easier said than done.

Props either ways your car looks simple and fun..... I wanna get my car running again... hopefully sometime soon but I want to build it completely so I don't have to go back to fix things or junk the motor when I can implement some preventive measures.
cham

Post by cham »

If I was into racing for money and willing to dump money into a different trans, rear end and tire setup then I could see having that type of power. But if it ain't makimg me money then why do it? It's not cost effective.
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

Looks fun, but your neighbors must hate you!
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
cham

Post by cham »

Nope. Gotta understand where I live. My whole town loves racing and has a history of drag racing. My neighbors have race cars and hot rods all through my neighborhood. We have 4 local drag straps and 2 dirt cycle tracks and a few dirt drag atv tracks. They call Rob Co. mustang country. Street outlaws come here 3 times every summer and to all the surrounding tracks. My friends street cars run 540's to 520's in the 8th. We have scheduled Cruz in/ racing and burnouts in my town and another small town 5 mins north, up until the Sunday after thanksgiving. We have several street spots out in the country for cars, bikes and atvs. Even our local cops race. I just tree'd a state trooper leaving the light a few days ago.
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

That's crazy. My neighbors would call the cops immediately if I did that.
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
s14fiend
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by s14fiend »

LMAO.... I love NC.... especially the "tail of the dragon"... smokey mountain area..... makes me want to buy that new style miata and cruise up there on weekends.... mad motorcycles, track type: s2000s miatas civics go karting up the mountains.

I went in a rental car and its a socially acceptable thing for the most part ...... but obviously only when done so respectfully.... slower cars even pull off to the curb for you to pass (I luckily didn't get a ticket atleast maybe i got lucky).
cham

Post by cham »

I wish we had signs up like SC has. Slow traffic must stay in the right lane...lol
cham

Post by cham »

2017-04-04_09.30.26.jpg
New power adder
Attachments
2017-04-04_09.30.26.jpg
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

Nice! Details?
cham

Post by cham »

S200sxe Rated for 650hp. The numbers and spool time are mind blowing on an identical build as mine.
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

What kind of spool and numbers are we talking about here?

My next turbo will probably be a BW. They've got a great rep for making powerful, super-reliable turbos.
cham

Post by cham »

This is a text i received from a shop when i asked them for a turbo with the power and response I was looking for...63 is on a customers car making 477 hp on 20.6psi
ka-t
full boost by 3100.....
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

Yeah, that spools a whole lot quicker than mine. That should be a fun and torquey setup.
cham

Post by cham »

I plan on running it to 25psi. It's a customer of hoon performance. Basic build on e85. Same turbo and manifold. I hope to make the same or better
cham

Post by cham »

20170501_213957.jpg
superDorifto

Post by superDorifto »

so not fair...why the ***** can't we have corn in ct.
cham

Post by cham »

Also done a z32 trans swap. I'm officially ready to dyno tune.
cham

Post by cham »

20170505_202910.jpg
Attachments
20170505_202910.jpg
cham

Post by cham »

Let me just say, this turbo is perfect. It comes on Instant and doesn't drop any between shifts. The thing pulls so hard I'm scared to push the pedal to the floor. The response is awesome just as I was informed.
cham

Post by cham »

No lie. Damn thing hit 21psi so fast that I let out. I thought my wg line had melted or my wg had gotten stuck closed. I put on a new vac line and checked everything.
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

Hell yeah. Let's see some video of it with the new turbo.
cham

Post by cham »

The Speedo is off with the z32 trans swap. I'm using my phones Gps speedometer app
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

Dakota digital speed signal converter. Been running mine for several years now. Works great.
cham

Post by cham »

I just ordered it not even 30mins ago. I'm assuming 1 wire to signal and the 2nd wire to output 1
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

With a stock S14 diff (4.08), Output 3 was dead on for me. According to Duncan, output 1 is the only one that is adjustable. So if output 3 doesn't work, use output 1 and you'll just have to adjust it manually.

What do you think so far about the Z32 vs KA trans? I prefer the shift and feel of a KA trans with a B&M shifter. The Z32 just doesn't feel as smooth to me.
cham

Post by cham »

My trans supposedly had a fresh rebuild. It has a short shifter and I mean it is short. The gears go in so smooth. Only problem I have is i think I was lied to. It will pop out of 4th gear while decelerating. Other than that it's great. My ka trans and b&m still was far away
I like sitting back. This shifter sits closer to me
It's perfect. I can bang gears without any problems. I'm the mean time I won't cruise in 4th and When I do, i just rest my hand on the shifter. But i can't complain. I paid $700 turn key swap with aluminum shaft.
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

Lol, yeah you can't complain at that price. Which adapter kit is it?
cham

Post by cham »

Xcessive. He didn't machine for the ka starter. It has the z32 starter mounted on the trans. Damn thing sounds like an old pick up truck turning over
.lol
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

That startup noise is because the teeth of the starter gear are not meshing correctly with the teeth on the flywheel. I ran into this myself with a remanufactured starter. I put it on and it sounded just like an old farm truck starting up. I ended up just having the shop rebuild my old starter and all is good again.

The Xcessive kit scares me with the goofy flywheel spacer. Several folks have sheared the flywheel bolts right off.