best size/tube for exhaust?

Share ideas/designs/theories/tips/development:
(manifolds, chassis, personal projects, MIG, TIG, etc)
IThaJokaI
240sx Wannabe

best size/tube for exhaust?

Post by IThaJokaI »

Ill be building an exhaust for my DD soon, and was wondering what the best size wall and type of tubing is best for exhaust. I want to run like dual 2.5"(its a dohc 929) with an X pipe.

and maybe some places that you guys get bends and lengths of tubing from.

Any help is greatly appreciated,
-Mike

-Mike
480sx
In Our Memories - RIP

Post by 480sx »

If its turbo, the bigger the better. Most people are happy with 3 inch. If its N/A, 2.5 is fine. IDK about wall thickness, but you dont need very thick stuff.
weiRtech
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by weiRtech »

16 gauge 304 stainless should work fine.

get a hold of adam: http://store.racing-solutions.org/
pa s13
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by pa s13 »

how are you going to be running the duals, 2 cylinders out one side, and 2 out the other? or are you going to do 4-1-2? honestly, i know where u are coming from, the full exhaust system for bikes are insane price wise. What headers do you have on the bike now? Might be a good idea, just to cut the old ones, and weld onto them. If i remember correctly from my 929 days, they came factory with stainless exhaust,
IThaJokaI
240sx Wannabe

Post by IThaJokaI »

pa s13 wrote:how are you going to be running the duals, 2 cylinders out one side, and 2 out the other? or are you going to do 4-1-2? honestly, i know where u are coming from, the full exhaust system for bikes are insane price wise. What headers do you have on the bike now? Might be a good idea, just to cut the old ones, and weld onto them. If i remember correctly from my 929 days, they came factory with stainless exhaust,
You made my day...

Its a Mazda 929 with a DOHC v6... If it was a bike I would buy a slip on, not make my own.

-Mike
dopeassjackson
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by dopeassjackson »

i would do dual 2.5in with good quiet mufflers.
defenatly stainless 304 or 308
http://store.racing-solutions.org/bendkits.html
looks like $140 for 304 SS not including streight pipe.
rebuilt KA24E, port and polish, secondaries removed, stage3 clutch, fidanza flywheel, JGS MM, 3inch cat back with high flow cat, cherry bomb vortex muffler, B&M short shifter,ST sways,nismo brase
KA24ET RB20 turbo, 460cc
pa s13
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by pa s13 »

lol, i am so sorry, after i posted it, i was like hmm i wonder why he wants duals on a 929 honda, they flow fine with single canister, Hmm maybe he means a mazda, nah, i am a motorhead, think for the faster one lol, I feel dumb now