Question, possible sale

Share ideas/designs/theories/tips/development:
(manifolds, chassis, personal projects, MIG, TIG, etc)
AK-Z
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Question, possible sale

Post by AK-Z »

I'm getting ready to start casting aluminum. I'm thinking of casting a DOHC lower intake manifold as a direct bolt on replacement from the stock one.

I want to know:
How many vacuum ports should I put in?
should I have an option to put on a q45 TB?
What's a reasonable price would you think I should charge if I'm able to crank a few out?
frankist
240sx Wannabe

Post by frankist »

i think it should utilize a q45 with an option to go stock. id pay top dollar for a great looking, proven manifold. i wouldnt stress about the vacuum ports, since it varies from set up to set up, most guys here should be able to create their own.
///+++
crazys14
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by crazys14 »

frankist wrote:i think it should utilize a q45 with an option to go stock. id pay top dollar for a great looking, proven manifold. i wouldnt stress about the vacuum ports, since it varies from set up to set up, most guys here should be able to create their own.
i'd put 1 big one for brake booster and 3 1/8" npt for various stuff and you could just cap off the ones not used
myowncasualty

Post by myowncasualty »

ive thought about doing this...

do you already have a foundry setup? if so, mind sharing what it consist of and how you plan on making the molds.
95 240sx ka-t > SOLD
08 Evo X MR > New daily/ fun
AK-Z

Post by AK-Z »

myowncasualty wrote:ive thought about doing this...

do you already have a foundry setup? if so, mind sharing what it consist of and how you plan on making the molds.
Thats my little secret :p
babowc
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by babowc »

1 for booster
3 for vac lines

like the other guy said.
p00t wrote:. A turbo is basically changing the size of your motor depending on your mood 8)
TinyT
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by TinyT »

whats gonna be the benefit with just a lower manifold. seems kinda pointless to me.
AK-Z

Post by AK-Z »

TinyT wrote:whats gonna be the benefit with just a lower manifold. seems kinda pointless to me.
It will be easier for me to do, because I won't have the injectors to deal with (angles, machining after casting, fuel rail points).

Makes it look OEM so there will be less likely chance of looking more indepth when doing IM inspection.

Blocks of EGR completely. I can make a dummy mount, so there will be a spot for the EGR, but it will be blocked off.

Increased static air volume.

Besides those points, not much.
TinyT
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by TinyT »

i just think its a lot of effort for minimal gain. if you wanna do it and can do it well, more power to ya, not trying to cut ya down that way. Im just looking at it from the effort to gain perspective
ILuvS13s
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by ILuvS13s »

id be interested if you could get one done soon. im in the market for either a bigger plenum with q45 tb flange or a full mani. also completely depends on the price. Just a plenum can be had for $50-150 bucks depending on how you go about it.
240drew wrote:will someone go thru and show me how to wipe my ass? I am really confused, does the paper go in? ( I am just kidding) I am a bit bored.
R34SR wrote:save a tree, drag your ass on the grass.
RIP Nate Moore (480sx)We will never forget you.

AK-Z

Post by AK-Z »

TinyT wrote:i just think its a lot of effort for minimal gain. if you wanna do it and can do it well, more power to ya, not trying to cut ya down that way. Im just looking at it from the effort to gain perspective
Non taken. My lower manifold got messed up, so I was just thinking to fab up my own. I have plenty of scrap aluminum, and the price for plate aluminum is ridiculous.