Turbo Inlet V-Band flange...help, hy35

Share ideas/designs/theories/tips/development:
(manifolds, chassis, personal projects, MIG, TIG, etc)
slide_show
240sx Wannabe

Turbo Inlet V-Band flange...help, hy35

Post by slide_show »

Before replacing my current garret turbo, I took my hy35 turbo a part the other day to prep it for cleaning; I noticed a few things so I come to ka-t.org for suggestions.

A.) Should I cut the turbo inlet vband flange and run a traditional silicone coupler?

or

B.) should I get a v-band flange and weld onto my ic hotpipe so i can attach it to the turbo and elimnate the need of a coupler.

I really want to go with plan b, but I'm having a hard time trying to find the correct flange. Vibrant, yoparts, googling, even ebay dont have the correct male v-band that has the same size flare as the holsets'. The I.D. is 2.00", O.D 2.913"(74mm),

Here's a few pics with measurements:

closest thing i found is from vibrant:
http://vibrantperformance.com/catalog/p ... ts_id=1261
I.D. 2.25", O.D. 71mm

do you think the 3mm differnce would be a problem?

I don't care if the I.D. of the flange(hotpipe) is bigger then the one on the turbo because my hotpipe is 2.25", It'll also eliminate the need for a reducer coupler

much help would be appreciated,
lmk, thanks
duh mah! wheels and suspension!
pa s13
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by pa s13 »

its gona be hard for you to find a acual v band that will fit it and work correctly because holset uses wider v bands as in the thickness of it, you could get the factory discharge pipe for it and modify it, Oh and he he by the way i gots one