240SX Chassis and Frame and Body

Share ideas/designs/theories/tips/development:
(manifolds, chassis, personal projects, MIG, TIG, etc)
PhiseJr
Dreams of owning a 240!

240SX Chassis and Frame and Body

Post by PhiseJr »

I Finally Decided to Work on my Car and Plans and steps to what im going to do to the Car.

I have a Rust/Whole in the Driver Side Wheel Well about and Inch and a half Wide and 8 inches long. Then I have a Whole in the Left Chassis Leg Underneath. its Right in the front its Right before the Leg start to curve out to the outside of the under carriage (i hope you get what im saying). Then i have a few other Minor Rust spots im not worried about. I plan to Fix the 2 Big problems now then go on the The Suspension.

I Searched to find the LEG of the chassis on the web. I found a nissan Manufacturer Parts Store but they dont have them available anymore. I would like to know any other place would be possible to get it. I dont think a junkyard to well because it might be in the same or worse condition.

I was thinking to Repair it the same way i was gonna do the whoel in the wheel well. Sand down the rust and weld on a couple of sheets of Aluminum. But go to a Shop and Have the medal bent into the Shape and Welded over the sanded down Leg. After undercoat the Bottom of the Carriage. with Rubberized undercoating.

Then ill move on the the Suspension/Struts and Sways. I was planning to get Cusco Coilovers But the Stance Coilovers are catching my eye right now. Not to sure on the Control Arms. and Sway Bars Yet. I want a 8 Point Roll Cage i don like the 10 Point to much bars to much or Thinking to get Custom Rollcage.

Urethane Bushings. But Im Seeing Alluminum Bushings are they different from the Urethane cause in a urethane set i see more parts and in alluminum i see about 8

After i get the Suspension done ill be adding an LSD. Preferably Cusco. maybe a Q45 LSD. Then ill upgrade the brake to z32 Brake since aftermarket brakes are Way to overpriced just for a big brake kit.

Then ill do the Engine work ( still deciding on keeping the SOHC 137k Miles) or Swaping for a DOHC. Ill be Rebuilding regardless cause i want 350- 400 HP.

Then ill do the body and Paint. Is Carbon Fiber worth painting ? i heard It Chips.

Im really askin about the underbody and suspension tips.
revolutionz_s13
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by revolutionz_s13 »

xcessive makes frame repair sections, here is the link:

http://www.xcessivemanufacturing.com/me ... 172&step=4
92 240sx SE KA-T project
95 240sx SR20DET Daily
92 integra - winter beater