First (that I know of) KA Charge Cooler

Share ideas/designs/theories/tips/development:
(manifolds, chassis, personal projects, MIG, TIG, etc)
turbonola
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by turbonola »

lmao, that s/c is a curse. everyone that gets hold of it gives up before being done. guess the curse lives on.
11.65@118 1.64 60ft
Bonomoskat
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by Bonomoskat »

i always wanted to do this but i gave up cause i wanted to buy a truck but if someone wanted me to build them a kit i fluckiiiing would do that shlttttt!
superDorifto
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by superDorifto »

turbonola wrote:lmao, that s/c is a curse. everyone that gets hold of it gives up before being done. guess the curse lives on.
This time its not the SCs fault...I legit got a "better" job that forces me to take a small paycut in the near term. First thing to go has to be the toys :cry:

But it may turn out alright. I have a meeting with my new boss on Wednesday, If I am greenlighted for the same amount of Overtime that I used in my last position, then the job is actually a significant pay bump...I'm just trying to prepare.

In any event this cooler IS going to be finished. Weather I use it, or someone else is another story.
BADA$$240
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by BADA$$240 »

I always wanted to design something like this and use a Whipple S/C but I too gave it up, for a vh45de.
92 240sx RB25DET
07 R6
12 Mazda 2-all around beater
DeepSeaDynamo
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by DeepSeaDynamo »

superDorifto wrote:I had such **** luck cutting the aluminum with the chop saw...hell who knew aluminum shouldn't be cut with an abrasive disc?...also been juggling a couple extra projects at work.
You're lucky the disk didn't shatter on you. you might want to change it depending on how much AL is built up on it.
superDorifto
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by superDorifto »

The no build up, I went out today and got a proper hack saw...figured I'd get back to some good old fashioned manual labor.

Also good news on the job, I was able to negotiate for a raise so I'll be keeping the project....back to work. :D