Fabbing some brake lines for Brake Master Cylinder

Share ideas/designs/theories/tips/development:
(manifolds, chassis, personal projects, MIG, TIG, etc)
MasterOSkillio
Dreams of owning a 240!

Fabbing some brake lines for Brake Master Cylinder

Post by MasterOSkillio »

I know have seen some people with top mount KAT setups that ran into clearance issues with the Brake Master Cylinder, and the brake lines. I saw a picture from here a while ago where someone had fabbed up some brake hard lines that instead of connecting from the stock left side of the bmc, came around the brake booster and connected to the right (obviously they changed the BMC because it had the BMC had connections on the right side as well).

In preparation for my kat I was going to do a 300zx front brake swap on my 95 240sx w/ABS. To keep the brake bias the same I was going to use a BMC from and Nissan S15, which comes stock with 300zx brakes in the front and the same brakes as the S14 brakes in the rear. (You can use a BMC from a 2000 Xterra same specs as the BMC from the S15 MUCH less expensive to get in the US). The only Nissan BMC I can find with the proper specs to keep the brake bias the same, all have the connections on the right side. I need to get new hard lines so I can change my bmc and have everything reach over the brake booster and connect to the right.

I know I saw a picture of someone what has already done this, I wish I had saved it, does anyone know where I could get hard lines fabbed up for this? or at least have access to a picture where someone has done this or something similar so I can get a good look at it?
cleantune
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by cleantune »

One can just re-bend the stock lines too, paying careful attention not to kink the lines.

Jegs sells hard lines, not sure what size the 240 ones are though:
http://www.jegs.com/p/JEGS-Performance- ... 4/10002/-1

For SALE !!! >>http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 44#p537044 <<

Buildthread: http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 46#p537046
instagram: @cleantune / @siks_tehn_racing
patrick10
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by patrick10 »

About all parts stores sell the brake lines, those NiCopp from Jegs can be bought from Autozone and are nice because they don't rust and are easier to bend. Most Nissans and Japanese cars use 3/16" inverted flair line with M10x1.0 fittings.
beercandrifter
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by beercandrifter »

they are 45* flares if you buy a tool from an autoparts store

can also get a basic tube bender from the autoparts store.

brake tubing is pretty easy to work with, easy to kink if bending by hand without a tool.
91 240sx Hatch: HomeBrwd
25psi hx35/8.8:1/264^2 cams/95lb injectors/Megasquirt 2/ka24de build **RIP**
T56/4.8 LSx/LS9 Cam/60lb injectors/comp 918 springs/Megasquirt 3/all custom wiring
Ikera
240sx Wannabe

Post by Ikera »

I've done this on my S13, and it wasn't a simple swap

I used RHD Z32 BMC + S13 non-ABS brake booster

- there is not enough room, the strut tower had to be hammered in about 1" deep
- bended stock brake lines wasn't easy and they barely reach with a bit of tension on the lines which I don't like. So I will be swapping the lines later.

on the plus side it does give you 1" extra clearance

AndrewHuffman
240sx Wannabe

Post by AndrewHuffman »

i did this on a s14.
but i used the non abs booster and a mid 90s pathfinder bmc
the bmc is 1" and was made for 4wheel disk, it was also less than $50 with no core from autozone!!!

i too had to dent the strut tower but only 1/2"