Anyone Seen This Joke?

For those other forced induction brothers
TryingToTurbo
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Anyone Seen This Joke?

Post by TryingToTurbo »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/240sx-su ... ccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/240sx-su ... ccessories

So, its the same kit. But one is $3,500 and one is $1,800. On top of that, they advertise its a complete kit and you can make like 225whp, but they offer no tuning with their kit. Nor is there any pics of the actual kit. Just general pics of KA24DER setups that don't show you anything, and a pic of a dyno that doesn't even go to redline, or look real impressive. They also call it a Jeff Knight kit. lol

Is this someone on here? Is it for real?
Built KA24DE: Wiseco 9.0:1 | Eagle H Beams | ARP Head & Main Studs | BC 272s & Springs | Supertech Valves
Boost Source: Under Construction

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
240cp
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by 240cp »

Man that is a rip off. The second pic is stolen from nico's knights supercharger install on the 240sx tech pages. I remember that install from a long time ago. Back before we even had a supercharger section. Member please stay away.
blacks13coupe
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by blacks13coupe »

lulz, no tuning needed.
TryingToTurbo

Post by TryingToTurbo »

blacks13coupe wrote:lulz, no tuning needed.
I messaged them. Lets see what they have to say....=]
Built KA24DE: Wiseco 9.0:1 | Eagle H Beams | ARP Head & Main Studs | BC 272s & Springs | Supertech Valves

oilman

Post by oilman »

the price is one is a complete kit other needs the charger. as far as no tunning they probably include a vortex 8 to 1 or simmer unit.
˙ʞɔɐq ǝdıduʍop ɥɔuıᄐ llnɟ 'ᄐʌıısɯ 'ɔɔ0ㄥᄐ ɹs '8ᄅʇ ㄣ⇂s 'ʇunoɯ ɯoʇʇoq ᄅʇ ɔɐss 'ǝdnoɔ ⇂66⇂
EviltoM wrote:this is the dumbest ***** post ive seen this year. congrats.
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

"i never waste my time with this crap..but what is wrong with you!?!?!?!? you dont believe in karma????? i lol'd all over your listing, especially being listed at TOTALLY different prices, like half. woop de doo onse got a charger the other doesnt. i would apretiate it if yoiu could keep you scaming to the honda community. thanks. "
airman wrote:I'm all about spreadsheets. Bitches love spreadsheets.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
hy35 18psi Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=38784
RIP MJL best friend of 20 years and the man who showed me 240s
2goslidwayz
Learners Permit

Post by 2goslidwayz »

that is a thomas knight kit on there though. and the prices are about what mr knight sells them for.
TryingToTurbo

Post by TryingToTurbo »

2goslidwayz wrote:that is a thomas knight kit on there though. and the prices are about what mr knight sells them for.
The thomas knight kit has long since been discontinued. And when he was selling them they were sub $1k.

torch'd

Post by torch'd »

it has an fmu which is more than enough tuning for a roots style blower at that psi. i ran my eaton m90 off of an fmu and stock computer with an adjustable fpr as well and at 15 psi the wideban read perfect the whole way. its the benefit of a constant linear boost presure. so please dont be ignorant and do read things all the way. some ebay stuff isnt garbage the people that buy it are just idiots.
going fast, i can do that... this going sideways thing is tricky.....
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

torch'd wrote:it has an fmu which is more than enough tuning for a roots style blower at that psi.
It may keep the AFR's decent, but what about timing? Several guys have destroyed ringlands with M62's at only 10-12 psi and a conservative tune. Nomadtrash went through 2 sets of pistons and 240cp destroyed his ringlands as well: viewtopic.php?t=44024
torch'd

Post by torch'd »

um its a distributor.... grab ur timing light and dial a few degrees out. its not computer controlled anyways. how dumb are u seriously

and he was running 12-13 psi unintercooled. that is not a smart idea on cast pistons no matter who you are or what u do for tuning
going fast, i can do that... this going sideways thing is tricky.....
TryingToTurbo

Post by TryingToTurbo »

torch'd wrote:um its a distributor.... grab ur timing light and dial a few degrees out. its not computer controlled anyways. how dumb are u seriously

and he was running 12-13 psi unintercooled. that is not a smart idea on cast pistons no matter who you are or what u do for tuning
you are seriously a complete ***** idiot. BASE timing is conrtolled via the distributor. Timing under load IS controlled by the ECU! If that wasn't the case, then how would companies like JWT and NIStune and Enthalpy be in business?

I'm glad you feel so confident in your knowledge that you need to tell everyone else to do some research. If you don't know what you are talking about, keep your mouth shut. (You obviously have much to learn.)

adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

torch'd wrote:it has an fmu which is more than enough tuning for a roots style blower at that psi. i ran my eaton m90 off of an fmu and stock computer with an adjustable fpr as well and at 15 psi the wideban read perfect the whole way. its the benefit of a constant linear boost presure. so please dont be ignorant and do read things all the way. some ebay stuff isnt garbage the people that buy it are just idiots.
torch'd wrote:um its a distributor.... grab ur timing light and dial a few degrees out. its not computer controlled anyways. how dumb are u seriously

I'm smart enough to know that tuning a car the right way doesn't involve FMU's and retarded base timing. How about you?

You seem awfully defensive of these kits. If I was a gambling man, I would bet that you're the one selling the kits on ebay.
Last edited by adamky on Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

TryingToTurbo wrote:

you are seriously a complete ***** idiot. BASE timing is conrtolled via the distributor. Timing under load IS controlled by the ECU! If that wasn't the case, then how would companies like JWT and NIStune and Enthalpy be in business?

I'm glad you feel so confident in your knowledge that you need to tell everyone else to do some research. If you don't know what you are talking about, keep your mouth shut. (You obviously have much to learn.)
Read his replies very carefully... I think he's the one selling the kits. Why else would he be so defensive?
nismo_dreaming

Post by nismo_dreaming »

HAHAHA :lol: Well then I guess that megasquirt that you love so much was just a total waste of money huh? Youve got to be the biggest idiot in here to really think grabbing a timing light and dialing some timing at idle will carry accross the whole map. Im with adaamky....you are the seller of this bullsh!t arent you.
1996 240sx SE LS1