KA24DER.com kits now available for purchase

For those other forced induction brothers
TryingToTurbo
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by TryingToTurbo »

flip240 wrote:That is totally bad ass Ryan!! If I wasn't more broke than a hobo right now, i'd buy another 240 and this kit for a daily
IMO, I think that is the best choice for this setup. Run it at stock boost for a DD. You have instant torque and a very useable powerband for driving on the streets.

High rpms on the track with a non intercooler setup is going to get hot. If you put meth on it and track it be ready to buy the 2.5 gallon tank to ensure you have enough chemical intercooling to last you for a good number of laps.

I still stand by this kit 100% I got all the small issues worked out with mine very quickly and it is a very maintenance friendly kit. It's a simple bolt on and off affair whenever any modification, alteration, repair, etc is needed. With this kit there is no need to deal with tight exhaust manifold clearances, oil lines, rusty nuts/bolts, etc like there is with a turbo setup.

If anyone has any questions regarding this kit and any of my experiences with it feel free to ask.
Built KA24DE: Wiseco 9.0:1 | Eagle H Beams | ARP Head & Main Studs | BC 272s & Springs | Supertech Valves
Boost Source: Under Construction

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
upscalesix
NooB

Post by upscalesix »

oh I'll be sure to message you when i start putting my kit together if i have any problems :P
obby
240sx Wannabe

Post by obby »

Nice job guys, this is the cleanest execution of this concept I have ever seen. Almost makes me want to scrap my setup.
bleak37
NooB

Post by bleak37 »

Ryan, this kit looks nice. I live in California and I'm wondering if your kit will be street legal here in Cali. I definitely want to go either normally aspirated or supercharged, but supercharger kits seems pretty scarce for the KA24DE.
klattr1
Forum Moderator

Post by klattr1 »

bleak37 wrote:Ryan, this kit looks nice. I live in California and I'm wondering if your kit will be street legal here in Cali. I definitely want to go either normally aspirated or supercharged, but supercharger kits seems pretty scarce for the KA24DE.
The kits are not carb certified but it should pass the smog portion of the test assuming everything else is in working order. As far as the visual inspection, someone would have to know what the KA24 looks like exactly as the supercharger sits in a stealth spot and almost has the appearance of the stock intake manifold/plenum. The only thing that would look visually different from the avg. eye is that the intake pipe is routed down the side of the supercharger.
TryingToTurbo

Post by TryingToTurbo »

You also don't have the ability to run EGR afaik, which could result in a CEL, and your average inspector may or may not know where to look or it on a safety inspection.
Built KA24DE: Wiseco 9.0:1 | Eagle H Beams | ARP Head & Main Studs | BC 272s & Springs | Supertech Valves

DeatschWerks
KA-T.org Sponsor
KA-T.org Sponsor

Post by DeatschWerks »

That is a great looking kit Ryan!

There are quite a few 240's still parked outside the shop here. Hmm...

:)
s14BEAST808
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by s14BEAST808 »

Curious, how come some people put the supercharger on the exhaust side? Any difference from either side?
Also, if your running stock internals, you can only boost up up stock pressure? What exactly is the stock psi? And what would you recommend replacing/reinforcing?
**** turbo, ima go SC with my automajic s14 :twisted:
TryingToTurbo

Post by TryingToTurbo »

s14BEAST808 wrote:Curious, how come some people put the supercharger on the exhaust side? Any difference from either side?
Also, if your running stock internals, you can only boost up up stock pressure? What exactly is the stock psi? And what would you recommend replacing/reinforcing?
**** turbo, ima go SC with my automajic s14 :twisted:
Some put it on the exhaust side becuase an m90 physically won't fit under factory runners. An m62 is all that the kit is designed for. However remote mount like that introduces the need for charge piping and possible intercooler.

Stock internals can handle 350hp pretty easily with a good tune and meth injection. Stock pressure is 10psi with factory crank pulley and factory m62 pulley.

I built my motor after blowing it from meth failure. I'd recommend built motor or atleast forged pistons to handle the increased pressure and temps.

s14BEAST808

Post by s14BEAST808 »

I see your point, but me being on a tight budget i cant have that much downtime on my car, plus i just dont got enough $$ to build it up. So i could easily get away with 220-250HP-MAX with stock internals? Maybe just deck the head, new HG, and ARP head studs and should be solid?
What are you pushing out with your SC? With a completely built motor, that thing must be a beast
TryingToTurbo

Post by TryingToTurbo »

s14BEAST808 wrote:I see your point, but me being on a tight budget i cant have that much downtime on my car, plus i just dont got enough $$ to build it up. So i could easily get away with 220-250HP-MAX with stock internals? Maybe just deck the head, new HG, and ARP head studs and should be solid?
What are you pushing out with your SC? With a completely built motor, that thing must be a beast
You should be able to make 300hp on stock block easily. But you WILL need to spend good money on a tune and methanol injection.

I would not deck the head, as that raises static compression and increases chances of detonation. A thicker head gasket and arp studs and some bkr7e plugs should help keep it from blowing up.

In m opinion the headgasket and ringlands are the weakest points on the ka. So my opinion is anyone looking to boost above 7psi should consider new pistons. Then it'd be solid.

I made 255/250 to the wheels with no meth at 11psi or so when it blew. I have yet to tune it again on the dyno with the new pistons and new timig maps and new meth setup.

I'll keep the community posted. Any other question you may have, feel free to pm me or just reply back here.

DjayS12

Post by DjayS12 »

I'm wondering if you guys have any close pictures of how it fit and clear the body.

Reason i'm asking is I wonder how well it will fit in my S14 KA24DE swapped S12... I think a drivable 250whp will fit my need just perfectly!
DeatschWerks
KA-T.org Sponsor
KA-T.org Sponsor

Post by DeatschWerks »

That is a beautiful example of an S12.
TryingToTurbo

Post by TryingToTurbo »

DjayS12 wrote:I'm wondering if you guys have any close pictures of how it fit and clear the body.

Reason i'm asking is I wonder how well it will fit in my S14 KA24DE swapped S12... I think a drivable 250whp will fit my need just perfectly!

I'll get pics up later. But I can tell you it's very tight. The torque from the engine on stock mounts causes my intake pipe to hit the strut tower.

ILOVEMY240TOOMUCH
240sx Wannabe

Post by ILOVEMY240TOOMUCH »

Theoretically could the m62 blower help the ka put out more than 300 whp with some bolt-ons?
TryingToTurbo

Post by TryingToTurbo »

ILOVEMY240TOOMUCH wrote:Theoretically could the m62 blower help the ka put out more than 300 whp with some bolt-ons?
No.

vincent30141
Learners Permit

Post by vincent30141 »

so is there anyway to get to 300hp with a supercharger( not necessarily the m62)
people that hate don't matter and people that matter don't hate
TryingToTurbo

Post by TryingToTurbo »

vincent30141 wrote:so is there anyway to get to 300hp with a supercharger( not necessarily the m62)
The m62 is the only one you can get under the stock upper intake manifold. Anything else is remote mount.

You can get 300whp from the m62, but it's going to require more than "bolt ons". My setup with the 2.3" pulley and a set of aggressive cams with a dyno tune should net 300whp. But that's about all it'll give you. I'm at at least 260whp and have stock cams, a 2.5" pulley, and a street tune.

vincent30141
Learners Permit

Post by vincent30141 »

i want to do a remote mount in order to keep all my emissions thats on the lower intake
people that hate don't matter and people that matter don't hate
truckstyle
NooB

Post by truckstyle »

I would kill for a D22 kit but im sure you don't have much interest in making one since it has only single v belts. are you guys ever going to sell just the adapter?
ricebasher
Learners Permit

Post by ricebasher »

So I was doing some research on superchargers, roots and twin screw.

Would it be possible to build or modify this kit for a Lysholm 1.2 or 1.6L supercharger?

They're slightly smaller than the Eaton blowers (I compared the 1200 and the 1600 vs the M62, the 1600 is slightly smaller than the M62) and produce more boost. Do you guys think the 1200 might be small enough to fit under the stock intake manifold with an intercooler?

AFAIK, the M62 puts out slightly more than 1L/Rev @ 14000 RPM, while the 1200 does 1.2L/Rev.

Or maybe the 1600, would be better suited for this engine. The Honda guys are using the 1600's with their K20's and getting over 400WHP.

And yes I do realize I'm comparing the M62 to $2000 superchargers
:wink:
klattr1
Forum Moderator

Post by klattr1 »

ricebasher wrote:Would it be possible to build or modify this kit for a Lysholm 1.2 or 1.6L supercharger?
Not with the current adapter plate pattern available.
torch'd

Post by torch'd »

dude amazing looking kit. may pick one up for my s14 once the motor is built. my s13 runs a m90 from a gtp. and i LOVE IT!!!!!! hopefully be ont he dyno next week but heres major props for an easy say 250 wheel in a reliable setup for an amazing price. good game sir good game.
going fast, i can do that... this going sideways thing is tricky.....
aaronka
NooB

track

Post by aaronka »

1/4 mile times, how does it feels on drifting .
TryingToTurbo

Re: track

Post by TryingToTurbo »

aaronka wrote:1/4 mile times, how does it feels on drifting .
If I had to guess a quarter time, mid to low 13s.

As far as drifting, it's like have the linear power of a v6 with torque characteristics of a v8. Power is ready to go whenever you need it without having any lag.