Badging questions

For those other forced induction brothers
fastazz240
Learners Permit

Badging questions

Post by fastazz240 »

hey all I heard that nissan uses the R so suprcharged applications is this known to be true? Well if that is the case then i am looking into getting some badges for it what do you guys think??

240sx R
Spec R
something of that sort if you guys have stuff like that let me know i dont want to just throw a Supercharged emblem on there
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

Why do you feel the need to advertise that you have a supercharger? One of the coolest things about a supercharger setup is that it's very sleeper-ish. I've caught quite a few cars off guard who thought I was just a N/A 4 cylinder.
klattr1
Forum Moderator

Post by klattr1 »

adamky wrote:Why do you feel the need to advertise that you have a supercharger? One of the coolest things about a supercharger setup is that it's very sleeper-ish. I've caught quite a few cars off guard who thought I was just a N/A 4 cylinder.
Agreed...most people look for the intercooler in the bumper and automatically assume you're rockin' 155hp of NA fury...but then they find out otherwise once you destroy them off the line. :)

I surprised a few Mustangs and GTO's with my supercharged S14 and I could tell they were shocked.
fastazz240
Learners Permit

Post by fastazz240 »

true but i want it to look like it came that way stock hence the badging but i see where your coming from
TryingToTurbo
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by TryingToTurbo »

fastazz240 wrote:true but i want it to look like it came that way stock hence the badging but i see where your coming from
You can buy a Spec Rice buy pretty much anywhere online.
Built KA24DE: Wiseco 9.0:1 | Eagle H Beams | ARP Head & Main Studs | BC 272s & Springs | Supertech Valves
Boost Source: Under Construction

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

I wanted to buy a flew fuel badge like on chevy's but decided not to. Keep people guessing why my exhaust smells different.
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
fastazz240
Learners Permit

Post by fastazz240 »

TryingToTurbo wrote:
fastazz240 wrote:true but i want it to look like it came that way stock hence the badging but i see where your coming from
You can buy a Spec Rice buy pretty much anywhere online.
whats does rice have to do with it?? you think the fact that i want to make the car look like it came from the factory makes it rice thats messed up
blacks13coupe
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by blacks13coupe »

Wanting a stock looking car makes it rice? Please explain.
slavezero
Learners Permit

Post by slavezero »

nissan doesnt use R for supercharged apps. they use it for top "sport" models of specific car. Not even all R designations are turbo cars. SE-R, na 2.0-2.5(depending on year)
Spec R is a 2.0 turbo and the GT-R should need no explanation. that goes for badging

Nissan did however use r in engine codes to designate supercharged such as vg33er from xterra\frontiers and im sure others but thats the only factory supercharged engine i can think of from nissan.
fastazz240
Learners Permit

Post by fastazz240 »

thanks slave what i needed to know
azS13
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by azS13 »

the R actually does designate that its supercharged, just not on the model of the car. It would be part of the engine code, like ka24de-r would be supercharged. Kinda like 1jzgTe, the T designates its turbo
91 240sx- always broken
1jz project started May 2011
Running finally Oct 5, 2014
R34SR wrote: 240sx = half sports car half truck.....cant decide if you want to track it or tow a boat.