Need help figuring out what alternator I need

For those other forced induction brothers
*JG*
Learners Permit

Need help figuring out what alternator I need

Post by *JG* »

I have a M62 SCed Ka24 in my 95 hardbody. I had the alternator go bad on me today and advance auto cant figure out what it goes to. doesn't match the 95 D21 or any of the 240s. Would it maybe be from the frontier or exterra since that s what the SC came from? Any help is greatly appreciated.
blacks13coupe
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by blacks13coupe »

If I didn't know any better, I'd say that's a quest alternator. Looks about right.
superDorifto
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by superDorifto »

agreed, might be from a quest.
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

Definitely a Quest alternator. I can even see where someone had to grind down the upper mounting tab to make it fit. I had to do the same thing to mine.

The Quest alternator is an upgrade over stock because they have 110amp and 125 amp version. Just google "240sx Quest alternator" and you should be able to find out what year they came from.
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
*JG*
Learners Permit

Post by *JG* »

Got it! Came from a 97. Thanks guys
*JG*
Learners Permit

Post by *JG* »

bad thing is, it wasn't even the alternator. I was the lead going to it! There was a big connector with a junction on it that had gotten gravel and grit in it and it was breaking the connnection from the battery(remotely located under the bed from previous owner) to the alternator. Has a fresh new one on it now though. Sucks!