remote mount SC inlet/outlet plenum question

For those other forced induction brothers
93'240sx
NooB

remote mount SC inlet/outlet plenum question

Post by 93'240sx »

i recently rebuilt my KADE with all factory parts and the 248/248 cam setup, runs great pulls strong, but needs a bit more umph to be a more workable drift car, i was looking to do a remote mount supercharger that way i could use a intercooler to help with the heat that the supercharger would be pushing out while drifting, most everyone on here seems to do the direct mount style right on the intake plenum, but ive looked around on youtube and have seen more KA's setup like i was wanting to do, but they never say how they do it or have any links to there builds, so i thought id ask on here, im familiar with how turbo systems work, ive worked on and and driven SR's and RB's, but this will be my first time messing with superchargers, everyone has SR's and i love to be different and not do what everyone usually does, so mainly my question is, how would i make the inlet/outlet plenum on a remote mount S/C like this, http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eaton-MP45-Supe ... 4842356787 are the inlet/outlet plenums shared? like are they open to eachother? how does that work? basically i want it to end up something like this guys http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PBP5UdVf6o

could i just make a plate and have seperate inlet and outlet tubes? like this, would this work?

what i mean by shared is like there connected or something, i was looking at some miatas that are S/C'd with those jackson racing kits, and there plenums look like there open to eachother,

any help or input would be greatly appreciated

thanks
-Kyle-
-Kyle-
1993 240sx hatchback
freshly rebuild KA24DE with 248/248 cams
looking to go KADER
93'240sx
NooB

Post by 93'240sx »

k i have been doin some research and i found out how they work, but i still dont know if that S/C that i linked in the first post has that butterfly valve internally? or am i going to have to make one on the custom plenum?

thanks for the quick responses :/
-Kyle-
1993 240sx hatchback
freshly rebuild KA24DE with 248/248 cams
looking to go KADER
nismoautoxr
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by nismoautoxr »

I dont see a recirculatiuon valve on it so I would have to assum you will have to put an external means of dong it .
Ricky Ragan,
95 SE ,LS1 N/A and T56, 230/232 @.050 cam, MS3 with MS3X,GC coilovers,17x8.5 Enkei RPF1 on 255 40 17 RS3 Hankooks, 377HP/351TQ , megasquirt3 fully sequential
torch'd
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by torch'd »

most of us that go remote mount are using an m90 vs the ease of direct mounting the m62. i will have a build thread starting shortly on remote mounting an m90 for my drift whore.
going fast, i can do that... this going sideways thing is tricky.....