New to the R

For those other forced induction brothers
hotlavaflow
240sx Wannabe

New to the R

Post by hotlavaflow »

My cousin is interested in a KADE-R set up for his hatch. I'm a KA-T guy myself but we went ahead and invested in an Eaton M62, adapter plate and injectors (stock SR 370cc).

We will be adding Water Meth injection

My question is can members who are KADE-R please post pics of their pulley set ups? If there is a thread for this already maybe I missed it in my search, if so please direct me to it.

I also need suggestions for tuning (chip, piggyback etc.) He's cheap so there will be no AEM standalone on this build. Are Nistune and JWT the only options?

Also do you HAVE to relocate the alternator? I haven't mocked it up yet but I feel there has to be a way to leave the alternator in the stock position.
14psi for now...
hotlavaflow
240sx Wannabe

Post by hotlavaflow »

Damn no help at all?
14psi for now...
500hpKA240sx
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by 500hpKA240sx »

theres only a few guys on here that run a blower so just give it a couple days and someone should hop on your question
viewtopic.php?t=53160&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Paul Walker- 1973-2013 Race In Paradise. you will be forever missed
hotlavaflow
240sx Wannabe

Post by hotlavaflow »

Ok thanks
14psi for now...
500hpKA240sx
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by 500hpKA240sx »

here is adamkys 240

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUlTzgoBgNo

and another one i had in a favs. it has a little better view of the pulley setup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dxs6CXCTv3w&NR=1

and heres what not to do..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfwEClbk-qw&NR=1

and also no you dont have to relocate your alt. the DER kit comes with a plate that moves it a bit but doesnt relocate it parsay

http://www.ka24der.com/
viewtopic.php?t=53160&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Paul Walker- 1973-2013 Race In Paradise. you will be forever missed
nismoautoxr
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by nismoautoxr »

Im not going to say that the M62 is a terrible idea for a KA but I did it and was not able to overcome its major downfall which is massive intakeair temp problems so after blowingup severalsets of pistons ...I had to pull the plug on it . My advice is to go with a turbo setup that can be easily intercooled which a s/c system is not .

That setup runs 250-330* IATs. This invites detonation in an already detonation happy environment . I spent a year and a half trying to perfect this system and failed and several others who have done it have also dropped it for a turbo.I myself went with an n/a LS1 and havew not been happier with the car since.

You want advice......dont do it.
Ricky Ragan,
95 SE ,LS1 N/A and T56, 230/232 @.050 cam, MS3 with MS3X,GC coilovers,17x8.5 Enkei RPF1 on 255 40 17 RS3 Hankooks, 377HP/351TQ , megasquirt3 fully sequential
sidewayz240sx
NooB

Post by sidewayz240sx »

Heres a link to my build thread:

http://www.son240sx.org/showthread.php? ... Work/page4

I designed and made the kit, similar basis to the kade-r kit. If you have any questions, ask away, keep in mind I havn't actually got a chance to put the car through its paces.
rhart
Learners Permit

Post by rhart »

Nice build Sidewayz. I hope you keep this site updated with your progress. I have had an Eaton 62 supercharger for a while but havent taken the plunge in finishing up the project. What was the cost of the plate and the pulley mount??

-Royce
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

nismoautoxr wrote:Im not going to say that the M62 is a terrible idea for a KA but I did it and was not able to overcome its major downfall which is massive intakeair temp problems so after blowingup severalsets of pistons ...I had to pull the plug on it . My advice is to go with a turbo setup that can be easily intercooled which a s/c system is not .

Very true. This is precisely why I decided to keep running water/meth when I switched to E85. I'm running a little less of it, but still running it, just for the added cooling.

I will say this though. I ran the stock motor everyday for about 6 months and had no issues. It was only after I tried upping timing that I broke my ring lands on the 140k stock motor.
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread