what supercharger should i run with the ka24e?

For those other forced induction brothers
Papi Sucio
NooB

what supercharger should i run with the ka24e?

Post by Papi Sucio »

ive been wondering what to do to my 240 engine wise, and a superchargeer just seems like the way to go. i figure that it would be way more fun to be different and have my ka running a supercharger than running a turbo or having an sr swap (since most people around here are doing that). im going to fully rebuild a ka24e engine soon and i was wondering what i would have to do to get it running tits and what setups are the most reliable since my 240 is my DD. any help would be great guys, THANKS!
nawaz
NooB

Re: what supercharger should i run with the ka24e?

Post by nawaz »

this is very nice possssssssssstttttttttt :twocents-02cents:
Adrenalin
240sx Wannabe

Re: what supercharger should i run with the ka24e?

Post by Adrenalin »

Hi Mate.
Have a search of the forum, the internet and youtube as well for ideas.

There are no supercharger kits that I know of for the single cam KA.

I'm using a remote mount roots style supercharger for my build because it was within my budget and allows the use on an air/air IC.

What you need to think about and decide before you start buying parts and designing your build.

1. What is the primary purpose of the car? (DD)
2. What is your budget?
3. Can you do a lot of the fab and build yourself or will you have to pay someone else to do it?
4. How much power do you want to make?
5. How often do you need that power?
6. How much are you prepared to compromise drivability and practical use of the car for power?

Answer these questions honestly and you will quickly start to formulate a picture.

Most people likely opt for turbo install over SC as kits are available
Reliability is perhaps a little more difficult on a SC build compared to a turbvo build due to requirement to fab mounting brackets, tensioners and other customer parts. Also use of intercoolers is more difficult on an SC build so inlet temps become an issue.
Running higher octane/RON fuel may help deas with the higher inlet temps.

Do a search and you will find there are many forum members on here who installed an SC and after a while swapped to turbo. Most report issues with high inlet temps preventing them from increasing the boost for more power.
Largely, a correctly sized turbo has a much more efficient compressor than the average SC, meaning more boost can be added before inlet temps become an issue.

If you are like me and only want a little over 200hp, then the twin screw or roots SC will suffice with about 7-10psi (SC and build dependant).

Otherwise maybe try a centrifugal SC which allows for FMIC's , makes less low end boost (like turbo) and generally has a compressor efficiency similar to modern turbos.

Of course a different way of making power reliably is an engine swap with something that already makes good power (VG30et, SR20DET, RB, 1J, 2J etc).
But your obviously not likely to find much of that on KA-t.org.

Goodluck.
D21 Pickup in the build - Powered by hybrid KA-R
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60135