Aftercooler ka24de

For those other forced induction brothers
Rclesi
NooB

Aftercooler ka24de

Post by Rclesi »

Hello, my names Ryan and I just created an account. I used this website but never made account until now. Forgive me if there are other threads because I am using my phone and didn't see anything, I've done lots of googling but never really found an answer. I just bought a ka24der kit and I was interested in an after cooler, however I couldn't find anything on it for a ka? Would 6-8 psi be too much without cooling? What would be the cheapest way to cool the air?

Thanks, Ryan
Adrenalin
240sx Wannabe

Re: Aftercooler ka24de

Post by Adrenalin »

I think 6-8psi should be sweet without IC/AC.
If your tune is safe (on the rich side) you will be sweet.
I understand that the Kader kits have the sc mounted to the intake, thus making IC difficult.

I think if you were to build in IC it would have to be a custom air to water (a2w) system adapted between the SC mounting plate and the intake manifold. You then need to run the secondary heat exchanger to cool your water. This is usually a single row radiator panel that sits infront of your engine radiator (between engine radiator and grill).
Check out www.frozenboost.com for w2a components and kits. They still need fab to make them fit to your application but give you everything thats required for the w2a AC system.

Goodluck.
D21 Pickup in the build - Powered by hybrid KA-R
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60135
Rclesi
NooB

Re: Aftercooler ka24de

Post by Rclesi »

Thank you for the help! I had so many mixed answers from people who said oh it's going to explode.. Etc. I also talked to my buddy who is probably one of the smartest mechanics I will ever meet and he said it should be fine if I were to run it rich. I appreciate your input and I may post some pictures later down the road when I get it on