SOHC truck flywheel to a DOHC?

For those truckers!
IThaJokaI
240sx Wannabe

SOHC truck flywheel to a DOHC?

Post by IThaJokaI »

Will it work? I may be getting the deal of a lifetime on a ka24de and if I do I will want to use my truck flywheel with my clutch and the 240 trans...

-Mike
schmauster920
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by schmauster920 »

search for white bunny special

I think you have to mess with the starter mounting. Im thinking about going the 240 DE route into my truck too, so i can use the 300zx tranny, and have a girdled bottom end
IThaJokaI
240sx Wannabe

Post by IThaJokaI »

schmauster920 wrote:search for white bunny special

I think you have to mess with the starter mounting. Im thinking about going the 240 DE route into my truck too, so i can use the 300zx tranny, and have a girdled bottom end
I would love to use the 300zx stuff, but I already bought a clutch and PP as well as had my flywheel lightened... If I could sell that, I might go that route...

-Mike
tenacious
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by tenacious »

What kinda clutch, PP, and flywheel do you have? i might be able to take it off your hands if it's what i want
IThaJokaI
240sx Wannabe

Post by IThaJokaI »

tenacious wrote:What kinda clutch, PP, and flywheel do you have? i might be able to take it off your hands if it's what i want
Centerforce stage 2 clutch with matching pressure plate. Its a stock SOHC flywheel machined to 17lbs(24lbs stock) Holds pretty well, less than 1k miles on it. And still not abused because Im riding on camber worn tires from hell.

-Mike