87 hardbody ka24det progress!

For those truckers!
d21matt
NooB

87 hardbody ka24det progress!

Post by d21matt »

So i have finally started my project and I know most of you on here don't know me but I have an 87 hardbody that I am stuffing a ka24det out of a 240sx into. I got off work today and came home and pulled my motor (z24) out of the truck. Tomorrow morning i will continue with the rearranging of motor mounts and a few other little tricks to get the ka to fit right. I have had a lot of questions answered by a member named KATILLIDIE who has also done this swap. he answered a lot of the "myths" I had heard all over the internet. Anyways I am also putting a 240sx dash into my rig as well since i have to use the gauge cluster anyways. So I will keep everyone posted on progress and try to get some pics along the way......especially of any modifications that must be made or problem areas. My goal is to have it running on monday morning for work! Have some really smart nissan friends who have done many a swap!
schmauster920
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

good luck

Post by schmauster920 »

Sounds like it will be a lot of fun once done, your plans are very similar... i have a 95 pickup and plan on turboing the E till it blows and then swapping over to the 4x4 HB233b, 300zx tranny w/ adapter, and 240sx DE because of the girdled bottom end and airflow.

Ive got the intake and head from a 90 240, and full length headers etc... Im tuning with an SAFC2 and wideband (not like i need them) learning / preparing for turbo tuning.... are you going to be chipping the DE ecu and running a safc and wideband?

Sounds like a lot of fun and a hell of a sleeper! I take it you arent in cali