Nissan Frontier Turbo?

For those truckers!
thefiske
NooB

Nissan Frontier Turbo?

Post by thefiske »

I have a Nissan Frontier 2000 2.4L, 4 Cyliner, 2WD vehicle and was wondering how I could get a turbo if one exists. Any ideas?
ridin4life
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by ridin4life »

look into use the jgs(site sponser) starter kit however idk if u can keep ac with the trucks i want to turbo my hardbody but its money i dant have right now goodluck
eksavior
NooB

Post by eksavior »

i'm in a similar situation, same engine, but in a hardbody. Looking for anyone with a turbo hardbody/frontier who can give me some advice on parts, setups, any info on what works and what doesn't. someone with hands on experience with a frontier/hardbody build would be cool.
rn240sx
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by rn240sx »

eksavior wrote:i'm in a similar situation, same engine, but in a hardbody. Looking for anyone with a turbo hardbody/frontier who can give me some advice on parts, setups, any info on what works and what doesn't. someone with hands on experience with a frontier/hardbody build would be cool.
its no different from a 240sx.... Only difference here is the AC line right there over where the turbo would sit... So either side mount the turbo or do a bottom mount.
As far as everything else is, its all custom work which isnt too bad imo...
i custom built the turbo setup on my 240sx... so its just a matter of the same custom work but onto a truck this time...

I just bought a 02 frontier 4 cyl auto and my 1st mod was an electric fan setup from a maxima, next is a cold air intake... But eventually it will go turbo but thats like a yr down the road if all goes well..
www.shopboldimpressions.com
98 240sx KA-T Full built motor JWT ecu 60-1 turbo 10 lbs
14 Genesis Coupe 2.0T stock turbo w/Bolt ons
98 Supra MKIV stock twins w/Bolt-ons
2012 Frontier V6, 4-door, 6ft bed (Daily Driver)
09 Ninja ZX-6R, Full exhaust, K&N pod filters
06 Suzuki Boulevard S40
/\ all still current 8.30.20
13waynegarcia

Post by 13waynegarcia »

Check out these hardbody's set up.Image

I just bought the first piece of my kit. It is a T25G Garrett. I'm not going to run an i/c at first, I'm just trying to piece it all together for now at a low price.Image
TheFirstFrontier
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by TheFirstFrontier »

soon as i can figure it out i will post my pics 98 frontier 4X4 with a/c and fmic ka-t all the way!!!
13waynegarcia

Post by 13waynegarcia »

TheFirstFrontier wrote:soon as i can figure it out i will post my pics 98 frontier 4X4 with a/c and fmic ka-t all the way!!!
Fosho definitely show some pics. Its about damn time we get a little action in here. Is your truck single cab or ext. Got a lift? please share
TheFirstFrontier

eagle, wiseco, cometic, venom, arp,t04e, xtd,alpine, rockford fosgate, orion
13waynegarcia

Post by 13waynegarcia »

Sweet looks good, What turbo is that? How is it running, and what is your setup?
TheFirstFrontier

Oh yea its possible I did it
NoKittenXIII
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by NoKittenXIII »

TheFirstFrontier wrote:Oh yea its possible I did it
You figure out the AC yet? That's something I'm going to have to have on mine. How tight was the fit in the engine bay? It seems to me these Frontiers/XTerras have tons of room.
Likes to get dirty.

04 Xterra <- Ol' Blue
On hold for the Beast's rebuild
10 Explorer 4X4<- Mom's Station Wagon
81 F250 2WD <- The Beast
TheFirstFrontier

I was able to keep AC no problem. Just had to rebend the lines a bit for clearance issues
TheFirstFrontier

I was able to keep AC no problem. Just had to rebend the lines a bit for clearance issues
TheFirstFrontier

RaceBreed240
Learners Permit

Post by RaceBreed240 »

I'm in the middle of my build right now. I'm using an rb25det turbo on an ebay cast manifold. The turbo is top mounted, and I rebent the ac lines. It all clears nicely

But, a word of advice, if you bend the AC lines, stick to the stock bend locations, just unbend or bend further in the same direction, as needed. I tried to bend it in a way that put a little torsion into the aluminum piping, and it would not budge. It eventually ripped the tube in 1/2. I tig welded it back together, and when I tried it a second time, not trying to add any new bend locations, it worked well.
rn240sx

Post by rn240sx »

13waynegarcia wrote:Image
what kind of box did you make to fit over that throttle body..?? I tried to make my own, but the motor would not idle for anything, had to put the stock air box back in...
motorhead
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by motorhead »

i have a 90 240sx maf going before the turbo, ill let you know how it works. worked well for a few guys i heard
. 97 D21 . BELLTECH DROPPED . TORSION BARS .ENKEI'S . AZENIS . TURBO
NYR SCCA MEMBER
superDorifto
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by superDorifto »

wait....a spammer bumped a dead thread and in the process brought it back to life?

what ever, as long as the convo is going strong.
schmauster920

Post by schmauster920 »

superDorifto wrote:wait....a spammer bumped a dead thread and in the process brought it back to life?
LOL bots arent completely useless.... Robots once again do the jobs too dangerous for humans. :lol: :lol:

Keep in mind he has a DE in there buddies... I dont know if i have ever seen a DE truck motor boosted. Becides not having a girdle, lower compression and small cams, its the same thing.
D21, Built KA24DE, 740cc, T4, WeatherGuard Tool Box, Tial 40mm, Megasquirt 3 in progress
superDorifto

Post by superDorifto »

looking in the hardbody section makes me kinda want to get one...its pointless because my winter truck is already pretty awesome, but I want one.

I've got a couple extra KAs, thinking of throwing one in my 88s10 once the iron duke dies...though that might take a while. funnest little truck I've ever owned.
schmauster920

Post by schmauster920 »

lol @ the iron duke... that thing wont ever die, sorry

I heard that the crank will snap if you make over about 120 hp haha The post office car/truck thingys are powered by those too! I had about 350k on mine before i sold it, because my nissan was given to me from someone in the family. 5th gear went out, and I kept driving it, got about the same mileage, but absolutely no power.
D21, Built KA24DE, 740cc, T4, WeatherGuard Tool Box, Tial 40mm, Megasquirt 3 in progress
superDorifto

Post by superDorifto »

i'm ranking on it, but that motor is freaking stout.

Last November I picked up the truck for $600.

88 s10, short bed, 5 speed, no power steering, no ac, it has the steering wheel from a lawnmower...fun little truck, with a KA I think it would be a little terror, but part of me feels that if any motor replaces the duke it needs to be an LS1 derivative.

Just speaking out loud, I picked it up from the original owner with only 106K on the, it'll prolly run for another 20years with no issues.
schmauster920

Post by schmauster920 »

Yeah man those things are troopers... the frames are boxed and strong too, pretty much ready for a small block haha

Mine was an 88 also.. no power brakes right?

haha Mine was flat blue... the towel would be blue after washing it too.. no tail gate, no rear bumper.. never bothered to get one either haah

I drifted that thing once... it felt like the one legger switched side to side the whole time.. it was very unstable and scary feeling.. i dont know if you have had the same experience hahaaha Never had another car that felt like that either
superDorifto

Post by superDorifto »

Flat Blue, yup.

same here, more a mixture of flat blue with rust and a bit of black...its actually got a nice patina (spelling?) at this point.

No power brakes either, its a hoot in the snow. I drove through the worst New England Winter in recent Memory (3 Noreasters, one that dumped 2+ feet), and it never once let me down. A bit scetch on the Highway, but withthe manual steering, and manual brakes it def tells you when youre about to exceed its limits.

I threw a rubbermaid tote in the bed where you would put a toolbox, and filled it with 3-400lbs of snd. Handled like a dream.

Hell, it still got like 24mpg through the winter with all that weight in the bed.

Planning on keeping that thing until it physiscally cannot be repaired anymore. It really doesn't need power brakes, I can lock up the stockers with like half pedal effort.
mtippins123
NooB

Post by mtippins123 »

if adding trbo to your 4 cylinder jap motor be sure it is set up for it (some manufactureres put better seals and rings and what nots in turbo engines) if it is not "turbo" ready you will never pass an emmisions test (if applicable) and you will see alot of soot on the back of your car. the higher compression will push oil thru seals and things. atleast check your oil and spark plugs more often. i have seen to many people blow up perfectly good engines by not checking those couple of things. just a thoght guys for yall to keep in mind
Empire087
240sx Wannabe

Post by Empire087 »

Yeah thanks, we are pretty confident we have it under control.......

Open diff is scary and unpredictable.
Current rides:
2004.5 Silverado 2500hd ccsb 4x4 LLY Duramax
2009 Crossfire 1000 sno pro LE
(Potential):1991 Coupe 5spd
Previous:
1996 D21 4x4 5 sp ka24e-t
2hunglow1standhi
Dreams of owning a 240!

Re: Nissan Frontier Turbo?

Post by 2hunglow1standhi »

Cxracing made some pretty cool parts for going turbo on Frontiers. Also a nifty cap to make custom intakes on the strange intakes we have. I say, piece it together using some of the parts they have, with additions to a good solid turbo and a tune!
Saving KA24's... One at a time...
eng_zahir

Post by eng_zahir »

please check out for the cap girdles ...
if your engine does not have them (individual caps applied ) do not turbo it..
change the engine first (240sx version in bulletproof ) and then do anything you wanna do ...

i have the same experience, its an nightmare
motorhead
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by motorhead »

. 97 D21 . BELLTECH DROPPED . TORSION BARS .ENKEI'S . AZENIS . TURBO
NYR SCCA MEMBER