INFAMOUS CHECK ENGINE LIGHT

For those truckers!
ChopperJoe
NooB

INFAMOUS CHECK ENGINE LIGHT

Post by ChopperJoe »

Seeking advice on the infamous OBD2 hardbody check engine light. Being from New York, I need to pass an emissions test every year. My 1997 d21 single cam KA throws an EVAP code that I can not get rid of. I am am mechanic by trade and eliminated all other possibilities except the PCM. Was hoping I could get some info on where I could get one, or if someone was able to delete the code with tuning software? Thanks.
rkan2274
NooB

Re: INFAMOUS CHECK ENGINE LIGHT

Post by rkan2274 »

do you know if a 04 frontier ka24de has a map sensor? if so could you share where it is located? much appreciated!!
2hunglow1standhi
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by 2hunglow1standhi »

Should be on the rear, left side/passenger side (looking in) of the engine.. A small stack of vac hoses leading from the intake manifold to three sensors will point you in the right direction. Its a strange looking Map sensor, mounted under a plate.
Saving KA24's... One at a time...
2hunglow1standhi
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by 2hunglow1standhi »

To the OP, on my Frontier, the EVAP problem was a leak from the purge control solenoid, got it from a wrecking yard pick and pull, check e-bay those things are not cheap, I also replaced the canister too!

I have heard the ECU harness also giving this problem... But mostly on the 4x4's where mud and water compromised the sensor connector.
Saving KA24's... One at a time...