My 94 Hardbody project (83 RX7)

For those truckers!
tchida14
240sx Wannabe

Re: My 94 Hardbody project (83 RX7)

Post by tchida14 »

Thanks Supa.. Today I took a trip across the street to the gas station for the first time and filled her up with some fresh 91. Everything is finally working properly. I was having issues with the alternator not charging, I ended having to get it rebuilt, bad regulator. And today I went to the local welding supply store and got 0/1 cable for my battery to starter cable. With my cousins help, we tested the cable I had in there (2ga) last night and I was getting a drop of 4V initially, then 2V constant from the positive terminal on the battery to the starter lug while cranking. This should be no greater than about 0.7V according to ericthecarguy on youtube and should be 0V ideally. This was obviously the source of my slow/no starting issue and I probably gave O'Reillys a good starter core, BUT most things on this engine are new now, and I shouldn't have many issues down the road. So after installing that 0/1 cable, the KA turns over just like it did in the truck cold or hot! :D I got the timing synced up with the megasquirt and oh boy does it feel good pulling through the gears!! I also got my electric fan hooked up and working properly. Very happy with the progress so far. Next up is the gauges and tidying up all my efi wiring so I can start wiring the lights and everything else!