D21 4x4 Turbo Questions

For those truckers!
tay187
240sx Wannabe

D21 4x4 Turbo Questions

Post by tay187 »

Hello everyone, I'm about to start my KA24E turbo build this weekend on my truck and need to know a couple things before I REALLY get started.

Background: I own a 1992 D21 4x4, short bed, std cab, 5 speed, 4 cylinder, 170k miles. I have owned 7+ 240sx's in the past (my first being a KA24E turboed hatchback that I rebuilt and boosted)

Parts I've already acquired:
Turbo (going with a T3 Garrett off an RB20DET)
Manifold
Downpipe
Intercooler
Piping
DSM Injectors
Oil Lines
Chipped 240sx KA24E ECU

Questions I Have Before I Tear my Truck Apart:
* I know I will need to wire in a resistor box (or inline resistors) and get tuned for the DSM's to work, BUT are they plug and play besides that? or do I need to do the 240sx intake manifold swap in order to be able to use the DSMs?
* I want to upgrade my fuel pump to a Walbro, but can't find a part number on which to use. Do I just use the GSS342? Is it plug and play?
* Has anyone pulled the stock tune off the stock truck ECU and modified it? If so are you willing to share the base .bin and .xdf? :)
* Does anyone have a picture of where the put their oil return bung on their oil pan?

Thanks in advance!

My Truck:
tchida14
240sx Wannabe

Re: D21 4x4 Turbo Questions

Post by tchida14 »

I've tried the dsm 450's in my truck manifold when that was on, and the 240 intake, and I had no luck with them. The o rings didn't fit in the manifold side. I'm not sure if you could find a set of different o rings that would allow those to work, but I just got a set of deatchwerks 550cc injectors, no need for resistors and they drop right in.. They should work with the truck manifold too, but I would recommend the 240 manifold becuase then you can block off emissions bs while it's off and it's just a much better design (actually has a plenum).

I wish i had 4wd on my ka24e-t hardbody...

Oh and here is my oil drain location, works great for me!
Nomad
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by Nomad »

What you need is a Walbro GSS342 with a 400-876 fitting kit for a D21. And yes, basically plug and play.
I have a D21 .xdf but it is very basic with lots of unknowns. It has all the tables that are referenced in a dis-assembly of the code but not many explanations of what they do. It has the data from the ROM Editor D21 .adr file that has all the fuel and timing maps, etc but again, there are a lot of unknowns. PM me with your email address and I can send it to you. Cheers, Brian.
1995 D21 Navara Dual Cab
Socketed U12 ECU
Tuned ROM/NVSRAM
tay187
240sx Wannabe

Post by tay187 »

Also, I have seen a couple people posting about this LuK Gold clutch they have used in their boosted hardbodies... anyone have a part number? Or another recommendation on a good clutch (no XTD please)?