mspnp2 fan control

http://www.diyautotune.com
Kill3rwill
240sx Wannabe

mspnp2 fan control

Post by Kill3rwill »

Hello guys, trying to wire up my mspnp to control my fan based on coolant temp using the aled/wled outputs. i can get it to "trigger" just fine when the parameters hit, but voltage output drops from 12.7 volts to around 7 when active. This isnt enough to trip the relay and kick on the fan. Any ideas? To my understanding these are the outputs you should use, but i do still have a few spare outputs
supakat
SuperMod

Re: mspnp2 fan control

Post by supakat »

I wired in a relay with no issues with my taurus fan. I am using the 5v trigger to signal relay. It sounds like the wiring is backwards cause the relay will not draw power like that. Sounds like the wiring is drawing power from the ecu power rather than battery. Please double check and do not run it if you see this drop. It will burn the board. I used the ALED port to trigger mine.
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
Kill3rwill
240sx Wannabe

Post by Kill3rwill »

well ive had my relay and fan setup for years. just wired to a switch, i cut that switch wire and ran it to the aled. its only an 18g wire so theres no way it would power the fans without melting down or blowing the 5 amp fuse lol. maybe the relay im using just is heavy duty and needs more amps to throw the power on
Matt Cramer
KA-T.org Sponsor
KA-T.org Sponsor

Post by Matt Cramer »

Can you check the resistance across the relay coil? Let me know what you find. It sounds like this relay needs a lot more current than a normal one.
Matt at DIYAutoTune.com - Megasquirt ECUs, fuel injectors, wideband O2 sensor systems, and more
Nissan plug and play engine management now in stock!