how much boost can be run

Yup, post them single slammers here....
hellboy006
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by hellboy006 »

yeah dude, alot of people run more than that on stock de motors... its all in the tune.
although i dont recomend it, some people run 15^ without ever having any det issues... even on those 105 degree summer days.... there have been rummors of unthinkable boost numbers on these motors ( ka24de's that is.... the ka24e's have much higher compression which means that detonation will be a factor much sooner when upping the boost) but ive never seen it myself... so dont blame me if you go out and pop your motor tomorrow but in my openion you can run 8psi all day... there are alot of other factors to consider to like... how many miles is on the motor....?
If your not living for something your dying for nothing.
KAEPower
NooB

Post by KAEPower »

Mileage is about 190 000 KM.
so... 130 000 miles?

Good shape too, runs strong
JGSturbo
KA-T.org Sponsor
KA-T.org Sponsor

Post by JGSturbo »

You post should read like this-
hellboy006 wrote:the ka24e's have much LOWER compression which means that detonation will not be a factor as soon when upping the boost
KA24E= 8.5:1 KA24DE = 9.5:1
http://www.jgstools.com/turbo/index3.html
See our JGS KA-t.org section for lots of good info :)
glacier985

Post by glacier985 »

most people seem to forget that the ka24e is almost one point lower in CR then the ka24de
1990 240sx SE, 96K, ka24eT Time to Finish

hellboy006

Post by hellboy006 »

wow, my apolagies KAEpower... looks like i have been getting some bad info from somewhere or just getting things mixed up... my bad guys.... i have a question though... the pistons are interchangable right? cause the blocks are essentually the same with the exception of the timing setup and oil squirters ect... so if you wanted to up your compression on a NA sohc... stock DE pistons would be a good upgrade right?
If your not living for something your dying for nothing.
ridin4life

Post by ridin4life »

you got it the other way around. the dohc and sohc head design are totaly diffrent.if u put pre 94 pistons in a sohc cr would be around 7.5to 1 .95 up it will be ~8.0 to on.if you put sohc pistons in a dohc cr would be around 10.7 to 1.

someone correct me if im wrong
SkylineKin
240sx Wannabe

Post by SkylineKin »

you cant just put SOHC pistons in a DOHC, they will hit the valves, they have to be milled.
ridin4life

Post by ridin4life »

SkylineKin wrote:you cant just put SOHC pistons in a DOHC, they will hit the valves, they have to be milled.
There are 2 types of sohc pistons. There are the really rare dome and dish top pistons.The dome yes you would probably have to get the pistons fly cut.Those are really rare pistons.I'v had 5 sohc motors and still have not seen a set of the dome top pistons.On the other hand you do not have the modify anything on the dish top pistons for them to be utilized in a dohc. Unless u dont know how to put the cars timing correct u will not bend valves with the sohc pistons.The dish top pistons have a dish of only 3cc they are almost flat
SkylineKin
240sx Wannabe

Post by SkylineKin »

okay thanks, didnt know that.
ridin4life

Post by ridin4life »

np im glad i could help u and anyone else out.
THE DRiFTER
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by THE DRiFTER »

i was running 10psi for about 3 months and now it smokes like crazy and it makes a puddering nosie if i punch.