I swear i'm not fickle by nature...

Yup, post them single slammers here....
MakotoS13
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

I swear i'm not fickle by nature...

Post by MakotoS13 »

okay i know i've gone back and forth a whole lot on the car thing. the truth is i was going to get rid of it until i picked it up and my friend rob pushed me off the fence to keep it and finish my built engine project. we did a compression test and it came up consistently good on all cylinders so i'm shipping it to the shop with its new JGS manifold (AKA the one i should have bought the first time because it i absolutely perfect in every way), having all leaks fixed, installing the MAPECU (goodbye MAF), and having her dyno tuned by the guy that has done the baddest supras/imports in the DFW area.\

So it'll make good power or blow up on the dyno and all im doing is cutting a check.

i'll post pics and videos when she comes home. i just test fit the JGS mani and i'm so fuggin thrilled its sick.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... ESELX%3AIT

KA24ET kit for sale

nismo fpr and zeitronix wideband available too.
morodo_s13
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by morodo_s13 »

what mani did you have before?

is the new jgs a log type?
MakotoS13

Post by MakotoS13 »

its the JGS log type. i had a gladman before and it was pretty horrible in comparison.

the JGS one just FITS and everything is perfect. filter on turbo FTW.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... ESELX%3AIT

KA24ET kit for sale

nismo fpr and zeitronix wideband available too.
Alex_V
240sx Wannabe

Post by Alex_V »

I know what you mean on being on the fence.

Ive wanted a VQ30-T swap for over a year, but Ive been fixing small things and building the suspension and going to events in the mean time.

I was about to piece together a whole KA-T setup for 1K, but now I'm going with the VQ30 NA. I can get 200wtq/220whp and a very wide power band, move weight much farther back and lower, and have a much better sounding engine. Plus cams and I'm at 240whp+

Any way KA-T's good but not for me. Eventually I'll be at 400whp and be stupid responsive.

~Alex
Fizor

Post by Fizor »

Alex_V wrote:I know what you mean on being on the fence.

Ive wanted a VQ30-T swap for over a year, but Ive been fixing small things and building the suspension and going to events in the mean time.

I was about to piece together a whole KA-T setup for 1K, but now I'm going with the VQ30 NA. I can get 200wtq/220whp and a very wide power band, move weight much farther back and lower, and have a much better sounding engine. Plus cams and I'm at 240whp+

Any way KA-T's good but not for me. Eventually I'll be at 400whp and be stupid responsive.

~Alex
ok.. not really related to his thread though...

Congrats Makoto, glad to hear you're keeping it. Update us as soon as you get it back!
Old setup: Stock Motor SOHC @ 10 PSI
Currently under construction..